ADVERTISEMENT

San Jose State Hires Craig Stutzmann As New Offensive Coordinator

roses04

Hall Of Fame
Oct 4, 2003
Interesting, looks like he's working his way back. Think JDL is changing his transfer options?

Will he install the R&S? Contrary to what many thought, I thought it was a good offensive concept. Will be interesting to see someone run it, and if there is stability over a couple of seasons I expect to see it succeed....

Will he install the R&S? Contrary to what many thought, I thought it was a good offensive concept. Will be interesting to see someone run it, and if there is stability over a couple of seasons I expect to see it succeed....
I like the R &S, just not a lot of coaches coach it. Stutzman has renamed his version of the Run and Shoot, to the Spread n Shred. I hope it works for him, he did a decent job at WSU under all the crap the was going on. Interesting on how the no vax crowd is finding positions again, which I don't have a problem with.

I like the R &S, just not a lot of coaches coach it. Stutzman has renamed his version of the Run and Shoot, to the Spread n Shred. I hope it works for him, he did a decent job at WSU under all the crap the was going on. Interesting on how the no vax crowd is finding positions again, which I don't have a problem with.
TROLL!!! TRIGGERED!!

7c6xg44li9921.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: justinbgocougs

I liked it too. The concept was always to attack the open space (read the dbs) and in theory, if executed correctly, should really work well.

Y'all continue to invest so much effort into COVID outrage. I wonder how long this bullshit went on after the Spanish Flu happened.

As far as the Run & Shoot goes, I'm lukewarm on it. We averaged 28 ppg in 2021 running the Rolovich/Stutzmann version of it. In Leach's last seven seasons at WSU, we never averaged less than 30 ppg. I'm sure it's fine with the right dudes though.

Y'all continue to invest so much effort into COVID outrage. I wonder how long this bullshit went on after the Spanish Flu happened.

As far as the Run & Shoot goes, I'm lukewarm on it. We averaged 28 ppg in 2021 running the Rolovich/Stutzmann version of it. In Leach's last seven seasons at WSU, we never averaged less than 30 ppg. I'm sure it's fine with the right dudes though.
I think it takes a while for the system to get engrained in the players is my feeling. It's more of read the defense concept based on WR and QB. I don't think Rolo really had enough time to get this dialed in...even though 2021 it worked out ok for us.

I think it takes a while for the system to get engrained in the players is my feeling. It's more of read the defense concept based on WR and QB. I don't think Rolo really had enough time to get this dialed in...even though 2021 it worked out ok for us.
And it was JDL, who was as jeckyl and hyde a player as I've ever seen. Further, the RnS demands a qb who can/ will stay in the pocket and go through progressions AND know the route tree(s) - I have serious doubts that JDL was or is capable of that.

For the life of me I have no idea why coordinators who have a pass first system install Vince Young lite into said systems. Its one thing to be able to extend a broken play - its another completely to bail on a play because you have happy feet and you're used to being a two way guy in a two way system. I guess they think they can coach them up, but I think the Lamar Jackson's of the world are the exception, and he only learned to read an pass the last two seasons at the age of 25.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT