ADVERTISEMENT

Schulz gone?

I pay 2700/mo just for housing at San Diego State for my daughter Throw in food and OOS tuition and ……..
She is a Kinesiology major and just completed her yoga certification.
I am going to end up paying out the WAZZU for a yoga instructor Hope I’m wrong.
Don’t take this the wrong way Kurt but a yoga instructor @SD State, she’ll probably have some well healed fellas chasing her. If she does well in the husband department, that’s just as good as an advanced degree 🤷

Reactions: kougkurt
Don’t take this the wrong way Kurt but a yoga instructor @SD State, she’ll probably have some well healed fellas chasing her. If she does well in the husband department, that’s just as good as an advanced degree 🤷
well Kurt needs to post pictures of her if we are going to take the conversation down that path. And no they don't have to be in Yoga poses.

enrollment is down for a variety of reasons.

Ironically, I think we need to make college cheaper and have more degrees that can be earned quicker (think 2 year nursing programs) if we want to really be innovative.
two year nursing degrees are not feasible since most places of employment require a 4 yr degree.....think again....

two year nursing degrees are not feasible since most places of employment require a 4 yr degree.....think again....

That's only partially true.

I talked to a lot of places about if there was a way to get a nursing degree as a 2 year associate in applied science vocational 2 year degree, they said that they would take such nurses, RN's.

Also I talked to a lot of doctors, RN's, etc, and a lot of them said that altho most states, nursing licensing boards, etc, go by 4 year RN bachelor degrees, that some states, nursing licensing boards offer 2 year RN degree's, licenses, that would still make it so that as long as you got your RN license, degree, as a 2 year degree in 1 of those states that offer that, and as long as the state you would work in as a RN allows the 2 year RN degree, that you can get a 2 year RN degree, and work as a RN.

If I remember right, Utah is, was one of those states that can get a 2 year RN degree, and Arizona is a state that accepts 2 year RN degrees, and let's such RN's work in their state.

Yeah. $16,500 for WSU vs $17,900 for UW seems a bit "close". Of course, WSU's freshman live on rule, with dining, helps inflate our costs. And watch for those mandatory fees - WSU loves 'em. $196/year for the yearbook? $240/year to support the CUB? Hmmmm

Edit: I thought the "Chinook" fee was for the yearbook. Turns out the "Chinook" is a relatively new (2017) student center/pseudo rec area housed in the old Bookie building. News to me.

Side comment on housing - Pullman continues to build apartments, and the dorms and frats aren't going anywhere. Seems like this enrollment decline is going to come to roost eventually. I remember way back when (before your time Gibby) when there was an enrollment shortfall and sort of a crash in off-campus housing. Lots of vacancies. The good news was that it did weed out some of the slum apartments and houses.
The housing cost has increased bigly over the last 2-3 years, by far the greatest contributor to the increase in full cost of attendance.

My wife is a BSN and I can assure you that she doesn't feel that a nurse with a 2 year degree is a "real" nurse.
Not sure how a thread about WSU's enrollment and research declines, etc. led us to a discussion of 2-year degrees. That' why have these things called community colleges, of which Washington has over 30.

I don't know what all specifically is included in a BSN program that is not in an RN program. And yes the argument that a 4-year degree of any kind includes a bunch of bullshit GUR's that have nothing to do with your ultimate profession is a valid argument. I certainly never applied my biology or Enviro Sci or biology courses. But a 4-year degree is supposed to round you out, among other things. And WSU is a 4-year university. Frankly what bothers me is this explosion of 100% online degrees. Part of the college experience is supposed to be growing as a person and learning to deal with other humans on your way to becoming a full-fledged adult.

And to comment on another post, I believe that every state in the country allows RN's to practice.

Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG
Not sure how a thread about WSU's enrollment and research declines, etc. led us to a discussion of 2-year degrees. That' why have these things called community colleges, of which Washington has over 30.

I don't know what all specifically is included in a BSN program that is not in an RN program. And yes the argument that a 4-year degree of any kind includes a bunch of bullshit GUR's that have nothing to do with your ultimate profession is a valid argument. I certainly never applied my biology or Enviro Sci or biology courses. But a 4-year degree is supposed to round you out, among other things. And WSU is a 4-year university. Frankly what bothers me is this explosion of 100% online degrees. Part of the college experience is supposed to be growing as a person and learning to deal with other humans on your way to becoming a full-fledged adult.

And to comment on another post, I believe that every state in the country allows RN's to practice.

I don't know either how 2 year degrees got into thread.

But once it did, once somebody seemed to say that a 2 year RN degree either doesn't exist or isn't feasible, or isn't honored, that places don't hire 2 year RN degrees, etc, then since that's false, and since I know how it works, because I researched it, because of my interest in maybe becoming a RN, I commented.

About the end of your comment where you say that every state in country allows all RN's to practice, then posted the link.

Your right. Every state does allow RN's to practice. You seem to have misunderstood.

I either did not say an or was not trying to say that some states don't accept RN's. All states do accept RN's.

What I was either saying an or trying to say is that some states DO NOT ACCEPT 2, TWO YEAR DEGREE RN's.

ALL states accept 4, FOUR YEAR DEGREE RN's.

Your link says the words RN LICENSING REQUIREMENTS BY STATE.

What that means is that states have RN LICENSING requirements. What that means is that not all RN's are LICENSED(Ok to work, hireable, etc), and not ALL RN's meet a states requirements to be LICENSED.

There are states that say that 2 year degree RN's are NOT eligible to be licensed.

A example of what I'm talking about, and I used Utah and Arizona as examples, is that Utah does have 2 year RN degrees, so you can go to either a community college, 4 year college, and get a 2 year RN degree there in Utah.

Arizona LICENSES 2 year degree RN's.

There are some states that are not like Utah, Arizona, that do not LICENSE 2 year degree RN's.

Every state licenses 4 year degree RN's.

So when you say that all states accept ALL RN's that's only partially true.

The point to the comment I made was to point out that 2 year RN degrees are not pointless as a poster said, because there are states that do, offer 2 year RN degrees, and there are states that accept, license 2 year degree RN's.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT