ADVERTISEMENT

Semi OT. Update bout move to Arizona, etc.

mikalalas

Hall Of Fame
Feb 26, 2007
Hi all. Ok so I have about $2000+ saved up. I need about $3000+ to move closer to my 2 daughters in Phoenix Arizona. I am about 5 to 7 to 10 months until save up $3000+, $1000+ more, and then move.

Studios are between $1000 to $2000 per month. So I'm going to need a RV instead.

Problem is $2000 to $3000 isn't enough, and if it was enough, then I wouldn't have enough left over to pay the gas moving cost, and to move into a $500 to $600 a month RV lot.

I get $1150 a month, and my apartment is $300 a month.

So I have to think outside the box creatively, or need some help in that area.

So I have the following ideas:

1. 4,5 people loan, invest about $2000 each, and in return I'll pay them back $33 a month + instead of them having to stay at a costly hotel overnight on night WSU home games, before they drive back home the next day, instead they can sleep in my RV instead for free(technically not free, because of the $2000 loan), and participate in a free RV tail gate party, etc.

Each $2000 loan would be paid back in about 5 years.

I would need somebody to get me, and my RV to Pullman, and would need a cheap place to park it overnight.

The RV cost will probably be between 7k to 10k to 12k for about a 30ft, 1994 to 2003 to 2010 to 2013 either Travel trailer, or 5th Wheel, or Motorhome, etc, on Craigslist, etc.

I have already seen some awesome deals on craigslist, and am sure there will be some good deals there in future.

If I get a RV less then 11k(4,5 $2000 loans, and $1000 of my own money), then I will split the leftover difference 4,5 ways back to the loaners, so the actual loan amount might be substantially less then $2000 each.

Also the tail gate party would be open to other Wazzu Watch posters, that didn't loan money?

2. A person angel invest loans me about $6k to 8k to 10k to 12k and I pay them back about 135 a month and I will pay them back in about 5 to 7 to 10 years, and they can sleep in my RV, instead of a HOTEL at WSU NIGHTLY home games, and participate in a tail gate party at each home game.

3. I pay about 3k for a 1983 ish RV/Motorhome.

4. Some other suggestion, idea, etc.

Hotel rates can be as much as $250 for a overnight stay after a WSU nightly home game by a westsider.

There are probably about 4 home night games. That means that westsiders would have to pay a hotel $1000 for 4 home night games to stay overnight.

Better to loan me $2000 that I would pay back, to sleep overnight in my RV, instead of paying $1000 to a hotels for 4 overnight stays after 4 nightly home games

The loanee's get their $2000 loans paid back, get to sleep in my RV instead of paying $1000 to hotels, and get about 4,5,6 tail gate parties, and get to help me buy a RV, with their loan, and get to help my daughter and me be closer down in Arizona, etc

Also maybe a Wazzu watch poster could help facilitate this by acting as a go between contact, providing a written contract, etc.

Also maybe it's a good idea, maybe it's a bad idea.

I just need some help, etc.

Also I haven't missed a apartment rental payment in about 30+ years, and haven't ever missed a apartment rental payment my whole life.

Also I tried to get my bank, credit union to loan me the money, but they said they still have to count my $300 a month apt payment, because they can't go by me paying $175 a month for to live in RV, instead of $300 a month for apartment, but instead have to go by $300 a month + $200 a month for $500 a month to calculate debt to income ratio, fora unsecured loan for RV, instead of using the RV for collateral, to repossess it, if default.

They said that it would be about 50/50 to have my loan application accepted, rejected.

So that why I need help, and maybe someone can help me, and maybe someone has some ideas, etc.

If you move to Arizona how are you going to make each WSU home game?

I would move after the season is over sometime in about January, February, March of 2024.

Oh and if we make a bowl game in either one of the California Metros, or Las Vegas bowl, or Alamo bowl, I would be willing to let the $2000 loanee's that goto the bowl game, sleep in my RV at, or close, nearby bowl game, if they can get my RV to the bowl game, and then get my RV from Bowl game to Phoenix, Arizona area.

And I would be willing to throw a RV tailgate party at the bowl game, provided that somebody helps me get RV to bowl game, and then from bowl game to Phoenix, Arizona area.

My question too. And if he moves into his RV, where's he sleeping during the game weekends?

A 30ft to 35 ft Travel Trailer, 5th wheel, Motorhome, etc, can easily have me, and 4,5 others sleep in the RV, easily, and comfortably.

My question too. And if he moves into his RV, where's he sleeping during the game weekends?

Also I know some people out in the country in Lincoln County, that will let me live in my RV for months, without having to pay for that, so I would only have to pay about $150 a month to live in the RV in Lincoln County. $150 a month because $33 a month paid back to each $2000 loanee(3,4,5 loanee's), until each $2000 loanee paid back in full, in addition to sleeping overnight at home night games, tail gate parties, etc

As my Dad used to say, unless it's a house, if you can't pay for it in cash, you can't afford it.

and if you won't listen to my Dad, there is always this option

RV loans

As my Dad used to say, unless it's a house, if you can't pay for it in cash, you can't afford it.

and if you won't listen to my Dad, there is always this option

RV loans

1. People live in RV's.

2. RV's are in effect mobile houses.

3. It's very reasonable, EASY TO PAY OFF, SHORT TERM DEBT, that would be paid off in about 4 to 6 to 8 years.

4.Thanks for the loan link

5. I called them, and they said the same thing as my bank said that they can't just only count the $175 a month RV loan payment towards debt to income ratio, because I would be living in the RV, they also have to count apt rent as well, so my debt to income ratio would be $200 RV payment + $300 apt rent for $500 out of $1150 debt to income ratio wise, even tho I would only just be living in RV, and not living in Apt, and NOT paying $300 a month apt rent, and NOT paying any apt rent.

6. It would take 2,3,4,5 years to buy a RV without any debt, help.

7. And I have already been 18 months away from my Daughter, because of how my EX Wife, took my daughters to Phoenix Arizona.

8. And Studio Apts are $900 to $2700 a month.

9. And if I don't get a RV, rent a RV lot, until 2,3,4,5 years down the road, because you say that I shouldn't go into debt, and since it has already been about 18 months since my daughter went to Arizona, then to not go into debt, my Daughter would have to wait 4 to 6 to 8 years for me to go down to Arizona to be closer to her.

10. But oh my daughter should be without her DAD, for 4 to 6 to 8 years, just so that her DAD can not go into debt for a RV in order to move to Arizona to move closer to her, to be with her.

I need either 1 angel loaner, or 4 angel loaners.

And my idea of getting 4,5 people to loan me $1750 to $2000 each, to help me buy a RV, that I would pay back in about 5 years, combined with my $1000, combined with letting them sleep in my RV overnight after WSU Night Games, before they go back home, and have tail gate parties for them, is a very reasonable, fair for both them and me, idea.

And 1 Angel loaner that loans me 6k to 8k to 10k to 12k, that I pay back + a extra $1650 profit back to them over about 6,7 years, to help me buy a RV, is also a good, fair idea.

That doesn't mean that will happen, and doesn't mean I am entitled, expect, demand that, etc.

But certainly there is nothing wrong with the ideas, and proposing the ideas.

And there is nothing wrong with reasonable short term RV debt in my situation.

Mik, I'm sorry because you've put a lot of thought into this and I understand why the idea might seem decent. it has to really suck being away from your daughter. People aren't going to give you money for this, though. it's just not happening. If I understand this correctly, you want people to give you $10k (total or by themselves) and, if all goes well, to get back a 16% return (total) after 5-7 years. No rational person is going to do that when inflation and risk-free rates of return are where they are at. Honestly, nobody would do it even if we still were in a ZIRP (0% interest rates) world. It isn't clear this is accounting for gas, potential downsides, the risk of loss, maintenance, and other stuff. Maybe it is, but even if it was, nobody is going to invest in this.

I would focus on getting to Arizona, making some money, living in a low-cost area there, and being closer to your daughter in that way. There are some affordable areas down there by Phoenix, and you could explore something like this in the future when you aren't starting from zero. I hope it works out.

Mik, I'm sorry because you've put a lot of thought into this and I understand why the idea might seem decent. it has to really suck being away from your daughter. People aren't going to give you money for this, though. it's just not happening. If I understand this correctly, you want people to give you $10k (total or by themselves) and, if all goes well, to get back a 16% return (total) after 5-7 years. No rational person is going to do that when inflation and risk-free rates of return are where they are at. Honestly, nobody would do it even if we still were in a ZIRP (0% interest rates) world. It isn't clear this is accounting for gas, potential downsides, the risk of loss, maintenance, and other stuff. Maybe it is, but even if it was, nobody is going to invest in this.

I would focus on getting to Arizona, making some money, living in a low-cost area there, and being closer to your daughter in that way. There are some affordable areas down there by Phoenix, and you could explore something like this in the future when you aren't starting from zero. I hope it works out.

It's not just what your saying about why people wouldnt do it.

Your forgetting about that 1 overnight stay at a Hotel, after a WSU night game, is about $250 to $350 dollars.

If a person goes to, thru that 4 times, thats about $1000 to $1350 that they are paying to hotels.

If they, 4 people loan me $2k, each, they not only get their money back + $1650 profit back after about 6,7 years, they also don't have to pay $1000 to $1350 to hotels, by sleeping in my RV after 4 WSU home night games, that's $2k + $1650 profit + $1000 to $1350(what they would pay if they did not sleep in my RV) = $5k value they would get back after 5,6,7 years.

There are people that might do that, if they know, trust me, etc.

That is a fair deal.

As far as your other suggestion. I have Google searched online by typing Phoenix, Mesa, Arizona, RV lots, Apartments, etc, and the cheapest apartments I found were about $725 a month for studio apartments(low income, hud, govt subsidized, etc), and the rest were about $850 to $900 a month to $2700 per month, FOR A STUDIO Apartment

Based on that, I and my $1150 a month budget can't afford that.

But RV lots are as low $550 a month, which I can afford, if I get a RV.

If you can point me to actual specific apartments I can afford that are $450 to $500 to $550 a month, then I will get one of those apartments.

I don't have to have a RV. A Apartment works just as well as a RV. It's just that RV lots, is the only thing I can afford, as even studio apartments down there are $700+ per month, which is more then I can afford, and is more then a RV lot.

I have saved $2000 up over the last 18 months, and I need $3000+, $1000+ more that I will save up over the next about 5 to 10 to 13 months, in order to move. But even after that I won't be able to afford a $700+ per month studio apartments, on my $1150 per month budget. The only thing I can afford down in Phoenix Arizona, with that budget is a $550 per month RV lot.

I appreciate your sympathetic words, comment.

It's not just what your saying about why people wouldnt do it.

Your forgetting about that 1 overnight stay at a Hotel, after a WSU night game, is about $250 to $350 dollars.

If a person goes to, thru that 4 times, thats about $1000 to $1350 that they are paying to hotels.

If they, 4 people loan me $2k, each, they not only get their money back + $1650 profit back after about 6,7 years, they also don't have to pay $1000 to $1350 to hotels, by sleeping in my RV after 4 WSU home night games, that's $2k + $1650 profit + $1000 to $1350(what they would pay if they did not sleep in my RV) = $5k value they would get back after 5,6,7 years.

There are people that might do that, if they know, trust me, etc.

That is a fair deal.

As far as your other suggestion. I have Google searched online by typing Phoenix, Mesa, Arizona, RV lots, Apartments, etc, and the cheapest apartments I found were about $725 a month for studio apartments(low income, hud, govt subsidized, etc), and the rest were about $850 to $900 a month to $2700 per month, FOR A STUDIO Apartment

Based on that, I and my $1150 a month budget can't afford that.

But RV lots are as low $550 a month, which I can afford, if I get a RV.

If you can point me to actual specific apartments I can afford that are $450 to $500 to $550 a month, then I will get one of those apartments.

I don't have to have a RV. A Apartment works just as well as a RV. It's just that RV lots, is the only thing I can afford, as even studio apartments down there are $700+ per month, which is more then I can afford, and is more then a RV lot.

I have saved $2000 up over the last 18 months, and I need $3000+, $1000+ more that I will save up over the next about 5 to 10 to 13 months, in order to move. But even after that I won't be able to afford a $700+ per month studio apartments, on my $1150 per month budget. The only thing I can afford down in Phoenix Arizona, with that budget is a $550 per month RV lot.

I appreciate your sympathetic words, comment.

You didn't ask my advice Mik, but 425 has the right idea.

Get a second (or third) job and save up the cash you need and get to Arizona as soon as you can.

I'm all for simplifying life. Your plan with the RV is increasing the complexity of your life.

Biggs is right. Liberal Ed lives in Seattle and he made a ton of money from trickle down economics due to zero Fed interest rates over the past several years. He must be a top 3 percenter by now. 😀 His heart bleeds for those in need and he will cut you a big check.

• Haha
Reactions: Observer11
Living in an RV in and around Mesa sounds like hell my friend. You’ll have 90+ temps in your RV unless you cool all day and those things are lightly insulated. Sounds rough.

For something like this, I suggest creating a GoFundMe account.

I don't know how to do that, and a Go Fund Me thing is for people to GIVE YOU money.

I want a hand up, somebody to loan me the money, help me finance the RV, etc not just give me a HAND OUT.

And I want it to be lower risk, that's why multiple lenders, better then 1 bigger lender.

And I want it to be fair for the lenders.

Now maybe there is a Go Fund Me thing that can function as a lending thing, as well as, in addition to a giving thing.

Thanks for your suggestion, help.

Living in an RV in and around Mesa sounds like hell my friend. You’ll have 90+ temps in your RV unless you cool all day and those things are lightly insulated. Sounds rough.

Unless I have a RV Air conditioner. But other then that your right.

But it may be what I have to do if I can't find a affordable apartment, and it looks like for now that it seems like I can't afford a $700+ a month apt.

And Apartments will be just as hellishly hot.

It's a desert wasteland. I don't want to live down there. I love the northwest, wilderness, nature, weather(except for the cold,snowy winters).

But I want to be closer, with, have in person visits, partial custody, with, of my daughter, and the ONLY way I can have, do that, is to move down, live in the hellishly hot desert wasteland in Phoenix, Mesa, Gilbert, etc, Arizona, area, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT