ADVERTISEMENT

Should have been 3 not 2 1st Half Targeting Calls

WASH ST A&M FAN

Head Coach
Sep 4, 2002
How the Hell was the hit on Jamire Calvin on the sidelines missed???

Hell that was worse “Targeting” (Launch, Defenseless, Crown) than the Hit that knocked off Gardner’s helmet a few plays later.

That was their best corner too.

Hell that was worse “Targeting” (Launch, Defenseless, Crown) than the Hit that knocked off Gardner’s helmet a few plays later.

Bobby Boucher must be teaching them how to tackle.

Wouldn't have mattered; their D could have started all freshmen and we still couldn't have moved the ball. So why bring it up.

Reactions: Suudy

Honestly, I think the second targeting call fired them up. They began to play better after that.

Well I for one thought the 2nd targeting call was bullcrap. Don't like where the game is heading. Intent has to be taken into account.

I also don't believe Minshew is capable of being concussed. He should have been out cold on that first hit. Same with the one at SC. That's all i have to say about that.

I didn’t like the 2nd targeting call either. It was the correct call, but the kid was just playing hard and certainly wasn’t trying to tee off on Minshew.

I didn’t like the 2nd targeting call either. It was the correct call, but the kid was just playing hard and certainly wasn’t trying to tee off on Minshew.

Agreed about not liking the call, but the rules have been this way long enough for players to know they can't lead with the crown of the helmet on every play.

Speaking of which, we do a good job leading with the shoulder. That's good coaching IMO.

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
Agreed about not liking the call, but the rules have been this way long enough for players to know they can't lead with the crown of the helmet on every play.

Speaking of which, we do a good job leading with the shoulder. That's good coaching IMO.
Exactly—a fractured neck doesn’t care whether the contact that caused it was intentional or malicious.

To me that wasn’t all that different than Tagos hit at usc.

Reactions: rity

I made mention during the game thread that ISU tended to lower their heads a lot when making a tackle. It happened on the two targeting calls, the one that wasn't called and many more. I began to look for it, and the lowering of the head didn't seem to be something that was coached out of their defense.

That means it goes beyond inadvertent. Yes, they were necessarily intentional, but it was going to happen because of the way they tackle.

- 300yds Passing
- 2 TD Passes
- 30mins Of Time Of Possession
- 0 Interceptions

Stats sometimes lie. How many points did we score against Arizona on offense? Over 50 at least. Moved the ball without much resistance.

Last night while we had 300 yards, we scored 14 points from a turnover at the 20 and another one at the 30. If pelluer doesn’t pull that ball out isu could have easily gone down and score. It is great for a 11th win . If you are analyzing the game you have to say isu held us in check.

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
Stats sometimes lie. How many points did we score against Arizona on offense? Over 50 at least. Moved the ball without much resistance.

Last night while we had 300 yards, we scored 14 points from a turnover at the 20 and another one at the 30. If pelluer doesn’t pull that ball out isu could have easily gone down and score. It is great for a 11th win . If you are analyzing the game you have to say isu held us in check.
If yards were the only important measure of a teams success, then sure. But, it isn't. The offense was good when it had to be. ISU's wasn't.

It is also the same reasoning people use to say that Russell Wilson is just an average QB. He doesn't get the passing yards. But, it leaves out the fact that he throws TD's. He gets first downs. He's clutch when he has to be. His teams win.

If yards were the only important measure of a teams success, then sure. But, it isn't. The offense was good when it had to be. ISU's wasn't.

It is also the same reasoning people use to say that Russell Wilson is just an average QB. He doesn't get the passing yards. But, it leaves out the fact that he throws TD's. He gets first downs. He's clutch when he has to be. His teams win.

Well in analyzing a game it give you indications for example why we struggle against Cal and us for example. Or Minnesota and MSU. At some point Pac 12 teams are going to adopt the patience that isu MSU and Minessora showed in their run game and not to abandoned it plus their style of defense. WSU will see more of it, just as people saw Wilson last year and was able to defend him to where they didn’t make the playoffs .

When you talk about the Seahawks it is important to take something away from the San Fran game and how they attached the Seahawks .

And if people want to make comments they are frustrated with a two point game they have that right. That is called expectations

And if isu didn’t turn the ball over deep in their territory is the offense good enough?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT