ADVERTISEMENT

So glad I have kids...

NMBRCRNCHR

Team Captain
Aug 27, 2018
6 and under. Those rascals take up 99% of my brain and emotions. Eight years ago, I would still be hardcore hungover and sulking noon on Sunday. It's all about perspective. Tough game to witness for sure, but it is still a game that isn't predetermined. I hope it lights a fire under the team and they use it as motivation for the next 9 or 10 games.

Age and changes in circumstances will do that for you.

And my little kids are now grown, but the sentiments you expressed are just as applicable.

6 and under. Those rascals take up 99% of my brain and emotions. Eight years ago, I would still be hardcore hungover and sulking noon on Sunday. It's all about perspective. Tough game to witness for sure, but it is still a game that isn't predetermined. I hope it lights a fire under the team and they use it as motivation for the next 9 or 10 games.

Pretty soon you won't need the booze to feel hung over. You'll just need to stay up late and get up early on Sunday.

Reactions: KingTrump
Age definitely softens my emotional attachment to results a little. A game that comical barely registers for me. It's virtually impossible to lose a game like that without trying to. If even one of those 10 or however many breaks UCLA got/we gave them, don't happen we win. They needed every single one of those to even have a chance. I don't even want to the odds of what happened in that game happening after the half.

Last night was different for me. I used to let 20 year old kids and 150 year old referees and replay booth officials ruin my weekend, but I was laughing about it an hour later last night. That was just pure silliness, and when you think about that 2 hours of nonsense, how can you do anything but laugh.

Last night was different for me. I used to let 20 year old kids and 150 year old referees and replay booth officials ruin my weekend, but I was laughing about it an hour later last night. That was just pure silliness, and when you think about that 2 hours of nonsense, how can you do anything but laugh.

When Robinson gets the ball stripped and three Cougs are right there and he just happens to roll the right way and goes into his stomach I just smirked at that point. They are dealing with fickle old mo as Dandy Don use to call it and it is hard to overcome at that point .

The part that is hard for me to chuckle is I saw this happen at cal several years ago. I can see loss of focus , getting stripped from behind happening on the road, it is a bit more puzzling at home .

Last edited:

Vomiting would be a sensible reaction as well.

Vomiting would be a sensible reaction as well.
I tried but vomiting while laughing seemed like a dangerous maneuver so I choked it back. Vomiting is what I’ll do when the PAC 12 beats itself up again and UW wins our sad conference and ends up in the RB again with 3 losses.

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
I tried but vomiting while laughing seemed like a dangerous maneuver so I choked it back. Vomiting is what I’ll do when the PAC 12 beats itself up again and UW wins our sad conference and ends up in the RB again with 3 losses.
If UW has 3 losses, I suspect Cal will be in the RB. We probably have to win out to even have a chance.

Same. Even better, because I know the kids are getting up at or before 6 AM one way or the other, I was able to turn in halfway through the 3rd quarter when we were up 42-17. As far as I know, we won last night!

Reactions: NMBRCRNCHR
Pretty soon you won't need the booze to feel hung over. You'll just need to stay up late and get up early on Sunday.
And living in the Central Time Zone with games that start 9:30 pm my time produces that non-booze hangover. Even if it only took me 3 hours to get over that debacle, it was already 5 am Sunday morning.

I appreciate the perspective many have expressed. An annoying loss, but watching my 2-and-a-half year old grandson on a bicycle yesterday for the first time in his young life (with training wheels, of course) appropriately had a much bigger impact than the Cougar loss.

Glad Cougar

And living in the Central Time Zone with games that start 9:30 pm my time produces that non-booze hangover. Even if it only took me 3 hours to get over that debacle, it was already 5 am Sunday morning.

I appreciate the perspective many have expressed. An annoying loss, but watching my 2-and-a-half year old grandson on a bicycle yesterday for the first time in his young life (with training wheels, of course) appropriately had a much bigger impact than the Cougar loss.

Glad Cougar
When I lived in NYC those were 10:35 PM kicks. People on the east coast are lucky to fall asleep before 2 AM by which point Sunday is completely shot. Central is not much better. I'm Mountain now but anytime after 10:30 PM with kids is borrowed time from the next day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT