ADVERTISEMENT

Soccer and volleyball

Anyone notice that Soccer is ranked #11? I believe VB is ranked as well, not sure of the number. Those young ladies are representing us well. And they aren't ugly either.
They probably wouldn’t steal your wallet and leave you in the middle of BFE either.

They probably wouldn’t steal your wallet and leave you in the middle of BFE either.
Hey quit making fun of me. That ill fated trip was a nightmare. How would you like being stranded 500 miles from home with no money, no credit card, and no gas. No food (or beer) for 2 days. Finally got an x ray of my ankle, still hurting like a mother after two weeks, to see if it's broken. waiting for the results.

Anyone notice that Soccer is ranked #11? I believe VB is ranked as well, not sure of the number. Those young ladies are representing us well. And they aren't ugly either.
Soccer is #24 in the poll I found. Really good start. Beat Portland away where Cooper (GK) was very strong to get the clean sheet. Feels like we need to generate more offense, but seems like we potentially have more offensive talent this year. I haven't been able to see many matches, but there have been a number of goals from different players that were (both 3-1).

VB is #11. I saw them early against Louisville (#4 at the time, now #2) and we weren't in their league. However, wins over BYU (#8) and Baylor (#18) were impressive wins. Tonight they get UT (#6) on the road. They really seem to be coming together with a few transfers added this year.

Gotta' keep these coaches and programs in the national mix. Their consistency has been pretty special over the last decade plus.

Coug volley ball wins. Drop set 1, then take the next 3 straight sets. Pretty sure the same against BYU and Baylor.

Impressive road trip to end OOC. Win at Baylor and UT. They gotta' be in the top 10!

ironic that this could end up being one of the best overall sports years in WSU history.

Coug volley ball wins. Drop set 1, then take the next 3 straight sets. Pretty sure the same against BYU and Baylor.

Impressive road trip to end OOC. Win at Baylor and UT. They gotta' be in the top 10!
Impressive gutting out 3 straight 25-22 sets against the defending champ. Nerves of steel all around.

Reactions: kougkurt
While they don't have a hammer like Sarah Silvernail, our front row depth is the best I've seen. Four kids that we can count on to get us 10+ kills, including Jahlarova, who probably is our best middle blocker ever. This team is probably is as close to the women's version of 2002 football Cougs, talent-wise, as I've seen.

Soccer -- well that is a bit of smoke and mirrors, but we play Stanford, UCLA and USC next, hopefully they will prove me wrong.

While they don't have a hammer like Sarah Silvernail, our front row depth is the best I've seen. Four kids that we can count on to get us 10+ kills, including Jahlarova, who probably is our best middle blocker ever. This team is probably is as close to the women's version of 2002 football Cougs, talent-wise, as I've seen.

Soccer -- well that is a bit of smoke and mirrors, but we play Stanford, UCLA and USC next, hopefully they will prove me wrong.
Watch the link I posted they have a hammer IMO

I don't remember seeing as impressive a block let alone against a top 10 program. Ung looks even better than she was last year at setter. We seem to have really good chemistry. Some of the runs were unreal. I think in set 2 or 3 they finished the set 18-6.

Unfortunately couldn't get this game since it was on the Longhorn network. A fun 20 minute highlight package. It's all WSU points, but the Longhorn crowd seemed pretty much shocked set 2 on.

I shortened this up to two minutes at the end.
COUGS upset defending champion Texas.

The 11th-ranked Washington State volleyball teamed came from a set down to knock off defending National Champion Texas 21-25, 25-22, 25-22, 25-22 on Friday night.
The visiting Cougars (10-1) picked up their third consecutive top-25 win and second straight over a top-10 team against 6th ranked Texas (5-3).

Reactions: Coug90
They are very impressive.

The announcer sounds like the guy who does YouTube broadcasts of my old high school in Iowa.

Glad to see loyal give his seal of approval.😉

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT