ADVERTISEMENT

Some things never change....

Was pretty clear this was coming. I'm amazed the pundits will spend months arguing over the playoff participants when we are subjected to the 95% probability of Notre Dame just getting clowned by multiple TDs.

Honestly, though, I think A&M would look about the same, perhaps worse. Oklahoma is peaking at the right time and probably would acquit itself better than this lame Notre Dame team, but it still would lose by multiple TDs to this Bama team.

What do people think about Ohio State / Clemson? That one should be more interesting.

Reactions: 79COUG
Another overrated, media driven Notre Dame team...
Eh...who else were they put out there. There really wasn’t a deserving #4. We all knew Notre Dame had no chance against Bama but I didn’t see anybody else that would have either. Maybe Oklahoma as they have been playing well, but they blew it by losing twice early.

Was pretty clear this was coming. I'm amazed the pundits will spend months arguing over the playoff participants when we are subjected to the 95% probability of Notre Dame just getting clowned by multiple TDs.

Honestly, though, I think A&M would look about the same, perhaps worse. Oklahoma is peaking at the right time and probably would acquit itself better than this lame Notre Dame team, but it still would lose by multiple TDs to this Bama team.

What do people think about Ohio State / Clemson? That one should be more interesting.

My opinion this year has little value, but I think Clemson has a slight edge in talent, but OSU has been more consistent. I think that if either team gets up 2 scores, they will win. If either team wins the turn over battle by at least 2, they will win. Only if these two cancel each other out or if it is see-saw through the whole game will it be really close, and in that case I take OSU.

Reactions: 79COUG
Eh...who else were they put out there. There really wasn’t a deserving #4. We all knew Notre Dame had no chance against Bama but I didn’t see anybody else that would have either. Maybe Oklahoma as they have been playing well, but they blew it by losing twice early.
Yea, probably the Sooners based on their performance of late. But you're right, Bama still would beat them by double digits.

they just lost their #1 guy for a P12 level targeting call, too.

How do you go from practially zero flags in the Bama/ ND game to this horse manure?

Reactions: acgcoug

7,8-1 INDIANA, from the Big 10.

Only loss was by 7 to Ohio State.

They should be in a NY6 bowl, if not in the Playoffs.

REDICULOUS that they didnt get even a NY6 Bowl, and that 1,2,3, 2 loss teams with worse record, worse strength of schedule, etc, got into a NY6 bowl.

WORST SNUB EVER.

7,8-1 INDIANA, from the Big 10.

Only loss was by 7 to Ohio State.

They should be in a NY6 bowl, if not in the Playoffs.

REDICULOUS that they didnt get even a NY6 Bowl, and that 1,2,3, 2 loss teams with worse record, worse strength of schedule, etc, got into a NY6 bowl.

WORST SNUB EVER.
Not even close to the worst snub ever, but they certainly could have been in the discussion. Their problem with their loss to tOSU was that there was consideration of tOSU not being deserving because they didn’t play enough games...so you couldn’t really keep tOSU out and put IU in.
I’d have rather seen them in it than ND because don’t like ND or Bama, but Indiana wasn’t more deserving than ND. Like I said there was no #4

Not even close to the worst snub ever, but they certainly could have been in the discussion. Their problem with their loss to tOSU was that there was consideration of tOSU not being deserving because they didn’t play enough games...so you couldn’t really keep tOSU out and put IU in.
I’d have rather seen them in it than ND because don’t like ND or Bama, but Indiana wasn’t more deserving than ND. Like I said there was no #4

It's not just that they didnt make the playoffs.

That was bad enough.

Ok so maybe they shouldnt be in playoffs.

But they ABSOLUTLY should have at least been in a NY6 Bowl.

And if they are going to not be in a NY6 Bowl, they shouldnt be in a Tier 2,3, 2.5 Outback Non NY6 bowl vs a 4-5, NORMALLY non bowl eligible team.

To be compared with how bad a SNUB that was, Minshew, 11-2 WSU, would have to goto the Cactus Bowl vs a 6-6 team.

And its not just not making a NY6, going to a tier 2,3, 4-5 bowl, its 1,2,3,4, 2,3 loss teams, with WORSE record, WORSE Strength of schedule, going to NY6 bowls.

And its not just any 1 of these things, its a combination of all of these things all combined together.

Like I said, WORST SNUB EVER.

And if not then like what you said, its in the Top 3 to 10 worst snubs of all time, and if not, should most definitely be in the conversation.

And like I have said before, they should have declined their CRAPPY bowl invitation, and stated the reason as being SNUBBED.

Their EPIC ALMOST WORSE SNUB Ever, ia the reason why I am not watching the BS NY6 bowls, playoffs, etc.

That was bad enough.

And if they are going to not be in a NY6 Bowl, they shouldnt be in a Tier 2,3, 2.5 Outback Non NY6 bowl vs a 4-5, NORMALLY non bowl eligible team.

To be compared with how bad a SNUB that was, Minshew, 11-2 WSU, would have to goto the Cactus Bowl vs a 6-6 team.

And its not just not making a NY6, going to a tier 2,3, 4-5 bowl, its 1,2,3,4, 2,3 loss teams, with WORSE record, WORSE Strength of schedule, going to NY6 bowls.

And its not just any 1 of these things, its a combination of all of these things all combined together.

And if not then like what you said, its in the Top 3 to 10 worst snubs of all time, and if not, should most definitely be in the conversation.

And like I have said before, they should have declined their CRAPPY bowl invitation, and stated the reason as being SNUBBED.

Their EPIC ALMOST WORSE SNUB Ever, ia the reason why I am not watching the BS NY6 bowls, playoffs, etc.
Fair enough on the NY6. Anything outside of the final 4 this year seems like kind of a joke though TBH. Oregon is playing in the Fiesta at 4-2 and barely in the Top 25.

I don’t disagree, but put any other #4 seed against Alabama and they lose by 4 TDs.

That was bad enough.

It's interesting that Indiana has removed their conference logo from their helmets and uniforms for the bowl game.

Fair enough on the NY6. Anything outside of the final 4 this year seems like kind of a joke though TBH. Oregon is playing in the Fiesta at 4-2 and barely in the Top 25.

And 7,8-1, only 7 point loss to Ohio State Indiana should be in the Fiesta Bowl instead of 4-2 Oregon.

Every year there is the "pack" and then 2-4 "outlier" elite teams. ND is perennially the best school in the "pack" who perennially get exposed the moment they come up against one of the outlier teams. Tallest midget every year.

Every year there is the "pack" and then 2-4 "outlier" elite teams. ND is perennially the best school in the "pack" who perennially get exposed the moment they come up against one of the outlier teams. Tallest midget every year.
Not an accident that ND "pivoted" to the weaker ACC (0-6 in 2020/21 bowls) from their previous Big 10 & "play everybody" schedule.

Not an accident that ND "pivoted" to the weaker ACC (0-6 in 2020/21 bowls) from their previous Big 10 & "play everybody" schedule.
Imagine the ACC without Clemson right now. FSU has been unraveling for 4 years and running, and Miami has had just one double-digit win year in the last 15 (and, at 10 wins, only just).

But actually, as I type that, I compare to the P12 and I'm not much more impressed. At least UW made it to the semis a few years back? Although even that was a national reminder that NOBODY in the PAC is close.

Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT