ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Game Attendance in Pullman???

That is, indeed, horrible writing. Also, while I share the goal of improving support for mental health, I think it may have been more appropriate to allow solicitation of donations for the ASWSU Coug Health Fund at the gates, or something along those lines, than to make people pay for tickets to the spring game. I think you'd get better attendance for the game and likely wind up in a similar place financially, with those interested/willing making a donation (in many cases more than $5).

Not to be too cynical, but with the charge to get in, I wouldn't be surprised if there are only something like 500 to 750 in attendance. I'm also surprised they're even opening up the club section for the spring game, unless it's a marketing move to show it off in order to get people to buy club seats (which would make sense, although I thought they pretty much were sold out).

Or donate all concessions profits, etc.

I might go just to see if I can get into a luxury box for $10, just to see if I like it.

“I might go just to see if I can get into a luxury box for $10, just to see if I like it.”

Good point. I have been going to games and donating since ‘67 and I have never been in the club house, or whatever it is called.

I might go just to see if I can get into a luxury box for $10, just to see if I like it.
“I might go just to see if I can get into a luxury box for $10, just to see if I like it.”

Good point. I have been going to games and donating since ‘67 and I have never been in the club house, or whatever it is called.

And assuming that both of you are at least modest CAF members (I am too), then for $10 we can all get in. I've never been in there either. And I can see a $10 fee to get in, especially if there were a drink ticket included. But why exclude other Joe fans? And why not just have the pregame up there instead of having Cougville? Do they really think THAT many are going to show up to both spots and drink? And eat, particularly since concessions will be open too. I'm told the luxury addition is the biggest bar in Pullman. Have the pregame there, and if 5,000 people show up and the place overflows, then it has already been a success.

With the RV lot, they better have it be something minimal - just enough to make it worth the bother - and create a little advance window for current pass holders. After that, $10 gets anyone a permit.

And luxury boxes aside - charging admission to the game itself mean you have to have ticket sellers and ticket scanners. An what about re-entry? So you have to man the gates all game long?

For the first year back they should be doing everything possible to facilitate interest - not creating barriers at all levels.

Reactions: Cougzz
That is, indeed, horrible writing. Also, while I share the goal of improving support for mental health, I think it may have been more appropriate to allow solicitation of donations for the ASWSU Coug Health Fund at the gates, or something along those lines, than to make people pay for tickets to the spring game. I think you'd get better attendance for the game and likely wind up in a similar place financially, with those interested/willing making a donation (in many cases more than $5).

Not to be too cynical, but with the charge to get in, I wouldn't be surprised if there are only something like 500 to 750 in attendance. I'm also surprised they're even opening up the club section for the spring game, unless it's a marketing move to show it off in order to get people to buy club seats (which would make sense, although I thought they pretty much were sold out).
I can't imagine connecting donations to an external. So when the attendance is 500, it makes the HH look bad, too. And then is sours the relationship between the 2 entities. This is bad stuff.

Also, even on poor turnout days in Spokane, the attendance far, far exceeded what they ever got in Pullman. That is a fact.

For the same $10, you could've toured the basement of Joe Albi Stadium and seen Paul Wulff's bicycle.

Reactions: YakiCoug
For some reason, I believe that charging money for this is good.

It's counterintuitive, but sometimes people don't really want something that is free. However, when it costs money, then there must be some value to it.

Also, our team is good, so there will be some people who are going to be interested in this.

For some reason, I believe that charging money for this is good.

It's counterintuitive, but sometimes people don't really want something that is free. However, when it costs money, then there must be some value to it.

Also, our team is good, so there will be some people who are going to be interested in this.

For some reason, I completely disagree with you on charging for attending. Particularly the way it has been rolled out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT