ADVERTISEMENT

Staff Busy

7ICoug

Hall Of Fame
Jan 30, 2003

Josh Gershon reports that WSU will will watch 2014 Oceanside (Calif.) El Camino PG Devin Watson today.

Wason is a true PG good in the pick and roll. 6-0

This post was edited on 4/18 10:16 AM by 7ICoug

... and still, nuttin'.

I checked out espn and others... same thing.

it seems player movement has to stop (ie, underclassmen declaring for the draft, player transfers, etc) and teams at the top starting to sign that triggers the dominos falling between now and the deadline.

Originally posted by 7ICoug:

Josh Gershon reports that WSU will will watch 2014 Oceanside (Calif.) El Camino PG Devin Watson today.

Wason is a true PG good in the pick and roll. 6-0

This post was edited on 4/18 10:16 AM by 7ICoug
Oh...how I long to see a true PG/leader at WSU again.

If only we could clone Taylor Rochestie...

I watched a video of this kid. He is a talented point guard with very good quickness,speed and hops.. He seems to have good court vision and he would thrive in a faster paced game. . He has good stats averaging 23.6 pts a game and 6.2 assists per game as a junior. He also shot 37 % from the three point line. He had committed to Oregon State and decommitted recently. He also had an offer from Connecticut which says a lot about his ability. He needs to become stronger and put on some weight. But he is rated as three star ..He averaged 4rbs and 2.0 stls per game so he is active all over the court.. h would be a great pickup if Kent can land him this late.

He's small (no issue to me) and from the video I saw I couldn't comment on his quickness but definitely looks talented. I hope they can sign him.

Point guard is a spot that isn't just about measurables somewhat similar to QB in football. Iroegbu has the talent but IMO he doesn't seem like a point guard in skill, mindset, etc. Isabell might be more of a 2 as well? Garfield seemed to have Isabell play off the ball at least at times last year.

Adding Watson and keeping Isabell and Iroegbu in the fold would make me feel better heading into next year. I always have preferred 2 players that could take the point on the court anyway. I do wonder how Isabell will react to the staff trying to bring in another point guard but Watson looks like a quality prospect.

Braxton Huggins

Also saw a report where the WSU coaches will watch Bakersfield SG Braxton Huggins tomorrow in his Team Superstar game. Huggins is listed as 6'3' 175. He also joined track this year for the first time just to high jump - he cleared 6'9" and just missed at 6'10". He is a good athlete.

Go Cougs!!!

Re: Braxton Huggins

Riight he is a nice SG. Utah State is after him as well as Freson and others.

ESPN has him as a 3-Star and has good recruiting comments on him.

Originally posted by chinookpirate:

... and still, nuttin'.

I checked out espn and others... same thing.

it seems player movement has to stop (ie, underclassmen declaring for the draft, player transfers, etc) and teams at the top starting to sign that triggers the dominos falling between now and the deadline.
Yes, Mrs. Bone, your sudden impatience is appreciated. Another batch of cookies perhaps to bide the time?
roll.r191677.gif

Fvck you, Yaki you stinkin' drunk. .
This post was edited on 4/18 7:36 PM by chinookpirate
Now there's the HWGC/aStep2slow meltdown we all know and love. Yet another ban coming?
roll.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 4/18 8:45 PM by YakiCoug

now, why should I get banned Yaki? You constantly bait posters and break rules. is it now a crime to respond to your bullchit in kind? You are the reason I and several others will never pay you a dime for this site.

now, why should I get banned Yaki? You constantly bait posters and break rules. is it now a crime to respond to your bullchit in kind? You are the reason I and several others will never pay you a dime for this site.
So says the brand x interloper. As for the "others," are you schizophrenic?

CP: your transparent foulness, so frequently exhibited in response to opposing views, is a source of extreme consternation to those of us unencumbered by such dementia. Please refrain, for civilities' sake, from indulging in such unrefined blather. Our collective conscience, especially during this Easter season, will be unduly gratified.
This post was edited on 4/19 1:02 AM by bogusto

Originally posted by YakiCoug:

So says the brand x interloper. As for the "others," are you schizophrenic?
No more, guys. Washington State just landed a four-star recruit for football! Yay! Solid discussion going on the premium board!

Braxton Huggins seems to be a solid recruit. Someone said he averaged 32 pts a game? His video showed a guy with good driving ability and great hops.But he seemed to be playing against guys who looked suspiciously like the High school recruits Bone brought in last year.That may be why no major schools have yet offered him,It is hard to truly evaluate guys playing against inferior competition. That said, i hope the cougs can land this guy,he has loads of potential. i am still hoping for a couple of bigs to shore up an area almost bereft of talent

This post was edited on 4/19 5:12 AM by ElComanche

Thanks for moving Yaki, Britton. He needs to stay on the premium board.

What are you talking about? Yaki is here to stay and the board is better for it.. I have had my differences with him ,but so what? A sports board is not for just the sensitive in mind. There are limits and the monitor can delete if he wants. But every poster here has something of value to say. I may not like what some say and i am sure several do not not like me or may posts but so be it. If everyone keeps posting,it makes the board entertaining ,sometimes funny and sometimes not so funny, but that is the nature of a sports board.
blackeye.r191677.gif

Yes, you and nookie need some alone time here. As Britton said, subscribe and check out the great news and discussions on the premium board. Enough of this freeloader BX interloping!

MORE namecalling?... MORE taunting?... MORE baiting?

One set of posting rules for most... NO rules for the fortunate few.... same as it ever was here at Wazzu Watch.
Originally posted by YakiCoug:

Yes, you and nookie need some alone time here. As Britton said, subscribe and check out the great news and discussions on the premium board. Enough of this freeloader BX interloping!

Re: MORE namecalling?... MORE taunting?... MORE baiting?

One set of posting rules for most... NO rules for the fortunate few.... same as it ever was here at Wazzu Watch.
Is that a violin I hear playing?
laugh.r191677.gif

Re: MORE namecalling?... MORE taunting?... MORE baiting?

To be fair, having one set of rules for paying customers and different rules for people poking in on the free board is a good way to make those paying feel like they're getting more for their money. Secondly, BR does a good job as a mod, and your "they're so mean" complaints are probably 75% of the complaining. Your concern for rules seems to be you stretching them as far as you can, then clutching your pearls the moment someone calls you on it. Good luck with that.

And, for the record...

I think both of you should post to your heart's content, no matter how childish and asinine, or how big an asshole you come off seeming- I'm mostly just amused by it.

Hay, you like violin's take one and ....

This post was edited on 4/20 11:47 AM by 7ICoug

I don't care one way or the other about rules. But IMHO and I have been on this board and its those before it far longer than most. Back to the Red Board, but Yaki is 99% of the problem.

I will pay, if and only if there is a pay Basketball board and it has more info than is on twitter for free. Same with the Brand X, they put up a Pay article that is based on twitter stuff that is amusing.

Football recruiting is fine I just don't happen to follow it. Never have and probably won't.

This post was edited on 4/20 11:47 AM by 7ICoug

And for the record since you seem to also be including me in your non-specific crap and since I started this thread in any case feel free to reply as since you seem to think I'm an A..hole, I also find that amusing.

Since you have nothing to say about the thread which I started move along to the pay board with Yaki and find out about the 2 new football recruits.

This post was edited on 4/20 11:48 AM by 7ICoug

I didn't include you in anything. As for your thread, yes, good recruits would be better. Panicking at not getting them the moment the signing period opens demonstrates a lack of understanding of the recruiting process. And your insistence at defending guys like Lawhorn and Moore, as some example of FAILINGS on Moos' part is specious at best and more likely just ridiculous.

Sorry you're a basketball alum during a "football school" period. I'd imagine that you'll be both more satisfied with what Kent does coaching and what kind of money goes into the basketball program in a few years- you behave as though Mike Leach is getting diamond water fountains while there's holes in the floor of our arena, which isn't the case at all. And repairing a broken basketball program is WAY easier than the job inherited by Leach after the Wulff years.

Also would be nice to hear about some big men; everyone's opinion was that, of what Bone left- the backcourt was the better of the two. Even knowing how guard oriented Kent teams tend to be, getting a few of these guys would be going over the top of someone you thought would be a bigger piece.

We need help at every position including the backcourt. Beyond Lacy and Que I am not sure who else would start on another team in the conference? Definitely still need a point guard even with Isabell coming in. Lacy's gone after next season and hasn't made it through a season without injury issues that keep him out of the lineup for extended time or limit his play.

I would fix the backcourt first especially the point guard position. Hopefully Isabell sticks and qualifies but you still need competition and I am not convinced whether Iroegbu is a full-time point guard. Still too many risks at the point guard position. Lacy's definitely gone next year and with Que's age who knows how long he stays. It's also the spring and bigs are most likely limited and in great demand.

With limited time and a new staff finding better bigs than Longrus, Railey, and Hawkinson might be more difficult than we realize,

Finding big men is always hard at this time of the year.. Finding big men better than what WSU has is not difficult. Railey is 7 tall and he may be of use next year. Perhaps Kent can light a fire under him. I keep hearing about how athletic he is but have yet to see that on the court. Longrus has a chance of helping also. Beyond d that there is little else

Originally posted by ElComanche:
Finding big men is always hard at this time of the year.. Finding big men better than what WSU has is not difficult. Railey is 7 tall and he may be of use next year. Perhaps Kent can light a fire under him. I keep hearing about how athletic he is but have yet to see that on the court. Longrus has a chance of helping also. Beyond d that there is little else
I also held out hope for Railey, but I've yet to see anything that tells me he's a difference maker. I'm still somewhat hopeful Johnson and Iroegbu progress, but it's going to take more than them and Lacy to turn things around. There are good reasons why this team is 14-43 in conference the last three years, and it was only going to get worse with Bone at the helm.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT