ADVERTISEMENT

Stanford fired their coach.

Rich beat you by 23 minutes in the previous thread with this announcement. Keep up please.

The AD thought it best to announce it immediately, since as we speak he is in Kyle Smith's hotel room interviewing him.

Rich beat you by 23 minutes in the previous thread with this announcement. Keep up please.

The AD thought it best to announce it immediately, since as we speak he is in Kyle Smith's hotel room interviewing him.
Have to reply to myself since no one else will. :)

Couple of musings:

• Good job Cougs. As I type, have one eye on CO/Utah. I guess we want Utah?
  • Who the F scheduled us to play at 10:30pm tomorrow? I mean shit - that's 1:30 Eastern time. Who was our TV competition a couple hours earlier? And 9PM Saturday if we win tomorrow?
  • Kyle Smith. No way in F-ing hell are Chun and Schulz going to cut his salary. He will get a raise and other contract enhancements. If he is such a family guy as we are told, a long-term, 100% guaranteed contract would be a good thing. Financial security and then some for life if he stays. Bump up the performance bonuses
  • Rice Wells and maybe others? Let's hope for a run in the NCAA's, and a tangible NIL offer to at least keep them for another year

Have to reply to myself since no one else will. :)

Couple of musings:

• Good job Cougs. As I type, have one eye on CO/Utah. I guess we want Utah?
  • Who the F scheduled us to play at 10:30pm tomorrow? I mean shit - that's 1:30 Eastern time. Who was our TV competition a couple hours earlier? And 9PM Saturday if we win tomorrow?
  • Kyle Smith. No way in F-ing hell are Chun and Schulz going to cut his salary. He will get a raise and other contract enhancements. If he is such a family guy as we are told, a long-term, 100% guaranteed contract would be a good thing. Financial security and then some for life if he stays. Bump up the performance bonuses
  • Rice Wells and maybe others? Let's hope for a run in the NCAA's, and a tangible NIL offer to at least keep them for another year

10:30 Eastern
7:30 pacific

Tad Boyle may have something to worry about tonight. The last two teams that played the Cougars fired their coach right after the game.

On a more serious note, Cougars will need to play well again tonight. Colorado is playing very well and battling for a NCAA Tournament berth itself. Would love to have a chance to beat Arizona again this weekend.

Glad Cougar

Noted in a different thread but this trend of firing the coach as they leave the floor is bullshit.

Kids and coaching staffs are hurting enough already after a loss/end of season. Big dicking ADs show no regard for the student athletes. Waiting until the next day or when the team returns home is the appropriate thing to do. It’s not like there’s going to be any new hires announced until after the first weekend of the NCAA tourney anyway.

Noted in a different thread but this trend of firing the coach as they leave the floor is bullshit.

Kids and coaching staffs are hurting enough already after a loss/end of season. Big dicking ADs show no regard for the student athletes. Waiting until the next day or when the team returns home is the appropriate thing to do. It’s not like there’s going to be any new hires announced until after the first weekend of the NCAA tourney anyway.
I don’t like this trend either but these schools and AD’s have already shown how much they care for these kids and coaches by putting them into conferences in other parts of the country. Money rules all.

Tad Boyle may have something to worry about tonight. The last two teams that played the Cougars fired their coach right after the game.

On a more serious note, Cougars will need to play well again tonight. Colorado is playing very well and battling for a NCAA Tournament berth itself. Would love to have a chance to beat Arizona again this weekend.

Glad Cougar

A loss to WSU won't keep Colorado out of the NCAA tourny. CU is 23-9, in 3rd place, etc. If CU loses a CLOSE game, then they will be 23-10, and will probably have about a 75% to 84% to 93% chance of being in NCAA tourny. All a win would do is that would make it 100% to make tournament. CU does NOT have to win PAC 12 tourny to goto NCAA tourny. CU is basically playing for better NCAA tourny SEEDING.

If CU gets blown out by 18 to 36 points, then CU would only have about a 33% to 50% chance to make NCAA tourny, and might go NIT.

Glad Cougar
One thing we’ve been historically good at is getting coaches fired!

A loss to WSU won't keep Colorado out of the NCAA tourny. CU is 23-9, in 3rd place, etc. If CU loses a CLOSE game, then they will be 23-10, and will probably have about a 75% to 84% to 93% chance of being in NCAA tourny. All a win would do is that would make it 100% to make tournament. CU does NOT have to win PAC 12 tourny to goto NCAA tourny. CU is basically playing for better NCAA tourny SEEDING.

If CU gets blown out by 18 to 36 points, then CU would only have about a 33% to 50% chance to make NCAA tourny, and might go NIT.
I think they are in regardless. They are a good team and 23 wins/3rd in the Pac will be enough. This will be a tough test tonight, they present similar challenges to opponents that we do when we are playing well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT