ADVERTISEMENT

Story: Cougs rank 4th for best 'QB Situation" in Pac-12

Rivals ranked the Pac-12 in terms of their "QB Situation."

Story: https://washingtonstate.rivals.com/news/pac-12-spotlight-ranking-the-qb-situations
And here we go again with the Rosen love.

Had a good year as a frosh (still looked like a freshman, though, and nothing more impressive than Falk imho), injured last year, and somehow he is ahead of a proven Sr. in Luke Falk.

Just like I said with Goff - Rosen is a kid who is prone to stupid mistakes; get pressure on him and he tosses it up, gets a little Brett Favre with his throws sometimes too.

Don't get me wrong, hes a good college qb and is enough to win ucla some games, but I don't see him as the transcendent qb he is being made out to be.

Reactions: Coug95man2
Rosen is a high-ceiling guy, with both great and awful tape, that dumb GM's and scouts will overvalue when they target him for the 1st or 2nd round next year.

Rosen has been heavily hyped since he was a Jr. in high school. #1 recruit in the nation. Hasn't done much in college but is regarded as a potential 1st rd draft pick. Becuase he's in the LA market, he will get infinite (and excessive) media attention in 2017. People will hype him up.

Rosen has been heavily hyped since he was a Jr. in high school. #1 recruit in the nation. Hasn't done much in college but is regarded as a potential 1st rd draft pick. Becuase he's in the LA market, he will get infinite (and excessive) media attention in 2017. People will hype him up.

Yeah, I don't understand how Gorney can have UCLA as having a better QB situation than WSU. Rosen may or may not have a higher potential as a pro. But, so far in college, it has not been close. Falk has been head and shoulders better than Rosen. Frankly, I would put Falk at number 2, and possibly number one because he has been successful longer than Darnold.

Last edited:
Reactions: SDCoug
Last season I wrote that if Falk was playing for USC, UCLA or Oregon and put up the same numbers, he would have been considered a Heisman frontrunner even with the opening game loss to EWU.

BC&G made a reference to Jared Goff. That's what he is, IMO. I didn't think Goff was THAT good (top pick in the draft) either.

Last season I wrote that if Falk was playing for USC, UCLA or Oregon and put up the same numbers, he would have been considered a Heisman frontrunner even with the opening game loss to EWU.

Agreed. If Falk has the similar numbers as he has had the last two years, he will have done things no other QB has done before. His completion percentage is off the charts, even for an Air Raid QB.

Goff was a stud in college. Not overrated at all. Kid straight flung it. Deserves his rep.

Goff was a stud in college. Not overrated at all. Kid straight flung it. Deserves his rep.

I half way agree with you. He was a very good college QB. I thought he was worthy of a first round pick. However, and this a big however, I thought he was a lower end of the first round type pick. I didn't think he was a top ten QB, let alone the first pick in the draft.

By his struggles, I believe I was right. He needed to sit and learn for a year or two. The first pick in the draft does not get that luxury.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT