ADVERTISEMENT

Story: How will Cougs handle ASU's constant blitzing?

I think we'll be fine. ASU will get Falk a couple times, but our OL overall is pretty solid, and constant blitzing means we'll catch the D out of position a couple times and get big plays. And really, the quick passes and screens are great plays to run against a blitz, so I like our chances.

Reactions: kayak15 and wulffui
I think we'll be fine. ASU will get Falk a couple times, but our OL overall is pretty solid, and constant blitzing means we'll catch the D out of position a couple times and get big plays. And really, the quick passes and screens are great plays to run against a blitz, so I like our chances.
Exactly right. Graham's myopic and tunnel-visioned approach sounds more vicious than it is. For teams that can either change their game plans to throw quick and smart (SC) or those who do it routinely (WSU) Graham's blitzes backfire, letting Falk have gaping holes and lanes to throw, and receivers just deserted areas in which to run. It's stupid. Yeah, they'll get to Falk occasionally, but Falk will burn them 5X more often. This stupidity on GRaham's part cost him any serious look to become SC's coach, and I predict he ditches this "blitz all the time" routine for next year. It would work in less savvy conferences, but Pac-12 OCs and coaches are WAY too sophisticated in passing to be bothered much by it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT