ADVERTISEMENT

The clock on Rolo starts now

How much revenue can you afford to lose as a result of a bad football team?

A bad football team can lose about 7 mil to 13 mill+ from, assuming the football program was a good one.

Now its going to take about 3 to 6 to 9 years to lose that about 7 mill to 13 Mill, to 17 Mill+, in the form of:

1. Bowl Revenue.

2. Lost ticket sales.

3. Reduced donations.

4. Tv Revenue

5. Advertising revenue

6. Loss of tuition due to student attendance at University down due to bad football program.

That revenue takes a long time, lots of years to be lost, but it does get lost.

Also there is the cost of about 3.85 million per year for 5 to 9 years, an or until a bad coach is fired.

When add coach salary to other cost, the total cost can be 15 million to 43 million.

Now the average coach buy out, is about 3 Mill to 6 mill to 9 mill to 11 mill.

So there about 3 mill to 30 mill, saved over the long term by paying the buy out, and firing a bad coach.

In the short Term, its cheaper to keep the bad coach.

But you dont go by short term, you go by long term.

And if ij the short term, you dont have the money to fire a bad coach, you either:

1. Try to get more donations.

2. You get a loan

3. You work out a arrangement with the bad coach to pay them a bigger buy out, in exchange for making smaller buy out payments over a long time, to be better able to afford it.

4. You work out a arrangement that if able to have it so that it doesnt get out that the reason why fire, because of bad coach, and that wont give a bad recommendation, that then dont have to pay as much buy out.

Basically there are ways to fire a bad coach, when dont have the money yet.

Colleges do that all the time.

A good college, AD, etc, like Chun, will figure out a way to get it done, and fire a bad coach.

That is why Chun was able to fire Kent, despite not having the money to do so.

To levelheaded people, I guess; but there are fans on the interwebs who were already "raising red flags" about Rolo after last season.
I think your post was harmless, and I didn’t read into it the way some others did. But I also think that the 3rd quarter meltdowns were concerning “red flag” if you will. Not that it can’t be fixed and for the most part you toss out these 4 games as organized practice.

To levelheaded people, I guess; but there are fans on the interwebs who were already "raising red flags" about Rolo after last season.
R5bca6a8c62c729d8f49f03c0d2564a01

People getting triggered at a level never seen before.

I'm reminded of when I wanted to run the ball slightly more(in the low 20's) and people lost their proverbial shit.

Not sure why people get so triggered these days...but apparently this phenomenon is here to stay.

^^^^ 1st Half ^^^^ BYU Game

Was that a display of ?

A) Triggered
B) Stupidity

Well it seems you need a safe space since you are still triggered by something I wrote while frustated and intoxicated almost 9 years ago.

Should I send the safety pin to Chris at...

And btw...people were posting the same thing here during Rolo's first year...and not a peep out of you.

I also recall you and Tron and others calling for Leach's head after the Portland State game. Hypocrisy at a level never seen before.

Well it seems you need a safe space since you are still triggered by something I wrote while frustated and intoxicated almost 9 years ago.

Should I send the safety pin to Chris at...

And btw...people were posting the same thing here during Rolo's first year...and not a peep out of you.

I also recall you and Tron and others calling for Leach's head after the Portland State game. Hypocrisy at a level never seen before.
Looking back it is pretty astonishing the expectations that were there for Leach in the first game. I remember how pumped I was that all of a sudden we’d look like Leach’s Tech teams and drop 50. That team had average Big Sky talent. Thinking back on my excitement for that night is a palm to forehead moment for me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT