ADVERTISEMENT

The spewing of purple propaganda continues...

YakiCoug

Hall Of Fame
Jan 6, 2003
The logic of Matt Calkins: If Alabama hadn't outscored UW, the Huskies would have won. I've seen sports columnists don the colors and cheerleader skirts of the team they cover, but this guy is special.
The truth is Washington weaseled its way into the college football playoff by winning a conference in a down year, by defeating teams marred by quarterback injuries. It was the perfect purple storm for a team that finished with a losing Pac-12 record in 2015 (4-5) and barely finished at .500 but set up its run with patsy non-conference foes.
Anyway, if you're into fake news and hype, here ya go...
http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...a-is-better-but-huskies-still-could-have-won/

That is why I said this was the biggest sporting event in UW history. It was a perfect storm that will only come around once in a generation.
So they go out, lay an egg, get exposed and completely embarrass themselves.
Two college game days and one national semi. Choke. Choke. Choke.
The Mutts try and make you think they love the limelight, but history proves otherwise.

The logic of Matt Calkins: If Alabama hadn't outscored UW, the Huskies would have won. I've seen sports columnists don the colors and cheerleader skirts of the team they cover, but this guy is special.
The truth is Washington weaseled its way into the college football playoff by winning a conference in a down year, by defeating teams marred by quarterback injuries. It was the perfect purple storm for a team that finished with a losing Pac-12 record in 2015 (4-5) and barely finished at .500 but set up its run with patsy non-conference foes.
http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...a-is-better-but-huskies-still-could-have-won/
Winning the conference championship was one of our many sneaky tricks.

Does Peterson get to claim a PAC 12 championship for that, or does it belong in his Mountain West trophy case? Because after what I saw transpire in the bowls, the MWC would have been more difficult to win this year.

Perfect storm is accurate. I'd place a large sum of money that UW doesn't sniff the playoff again over the next several years.

Does Peterson get to claim a PAC 12 championship for that, or does it belong in his Mountain West trophy case? Because after what I saw transpire in the bowls, the MWC would have been more difficult to win this year.

Perfect storm is accurate. I'd place a large sum of money that UW doesn't sniff the playoff again over the next several years.
To say nothing of the Big Sky.

The mutts got their asses kicked . The score could have been worse and most sports fans will call it the same way.One can go back to any game and say" what If"?The mutts were dominated and they should just accept their ass whipping.They will not be in the same position next year.

The mutts got their asses kicked . The score could have been worse and most sports fans will call it the same way.One can go back to any game and say" what If"?The mutts were dominated and they should just accept their ass whipping.They will not be in the same position next year.
Do you object to our fielding a team next year anyway?

You guys will certainly field a team next year.However,do expect a few more ass kicking for old times sake during the regular season. The league will be improved next year.

Glass houses my friend.

The only way the Cougs ever make it that far is in a P12 down year with cupcake non-con.

Glass houses my friend.

The only way the Cougs ever make it that far is in a P12 down year with cupcake non-con.

I don't have a problem with your assertion. Many have argued that 2001-2003 came on the heels of UW's probation and other problems within the conference. It was just the mutts' turn to get some breaks this time around.

I think that next year may be a very good year for the cougs.I think that the mutts will be imminently beatable next year. However USC will be the one to beat.The non conference schedule looks like cupcakes,but alas,one would have said that about this year s non conference schedule

Washington absolutely deserved to be in play-offs. And once in, one side of the ball proved it was worthy.

Where I do not have much respect for their fans or I guess their newspaper shills is they were some satisfied with the effort and game plan on offense.

A program like theirs will only will get a finite number of chances to play on that stage and have a chance at a MNC. They need to make the most out of it and not play just get the game score respectful . The offensive game plan was pathetic. Short crossing routes with John Ross ? What was with that nonsense ? I was actually glad to see him cough up the ball on one of those. If Pete is going to call stupid plays like that he should get burned.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT