ADVERTISEMENT

The things I think about

kougkurt

Hall Of Fame
Nov 19, 2011
while smoking a cigar

If you could get any recruit you wanted from only the state of Washington. Could you field a NC caliber team?

But what if Fetters King County All Stars were teamed up with Brand X's GSL All Stars and then were coached by Paul Wulff with stellar training table attendance & total buy-in?

Reactions: earldacoug
Suppose you could get the 5 best basketball players from the state. Different answer. I suspect.

Damn.......

What's amazing is that Georgia produces over double the elite athletes that they "should" based on raw population alone (8.5% of the elite athletes but only 3.2% of the US population live in Georgia).
Certainly there is (once again) some east coast bias going on, simply because no one has the time or even wants to spend the time evaluating athletes in WA save outside the metro Seattle area. In other words, I'm sure we have some blue chip players that fly under the radar. Not enough to field a NC team, simply because due to population it a simple numbers game.

Certainly there is (once again) some east coast bias going on, simply because no one has the time or even wants to spend the time evaluating athletes in WA save outside the metro Seattle area. In other words, I'm sure we have some blue chip players that fly under the radar. Not enough to field a NC team, simply because due to population it a simple numbers game.

You are undoubtedly right. It's probably east coast (SEC) bias as much as anything. There are always the guys like Jordy Nelson, Will Derting and the like every year who get no love because they are from rural areas.

while smoking a cigar

If you could get any recruit you wanted from only the state of Washington. Could you field a NC caliber team?
Can you recruit Seahawks? How bout Myles Jack or Buddha Baker? If so then yes.

Not as many as you’d think. Legit blue chippers blow up the competition in large meteo areas. That level of talent in 2A or 1A football in WA scores 100 touchdowns in a season. That kid doesnt fly under the radar.

Damn.......

What's amazing is that Georgia produces over double the elite athletes that they "should" based on raw population alone (8.5% of the elite athletes but only 3.2% of the US population live in Georgia).
The years I did the demographics and Louisiana had the most blue chips per pop. 45th state in household income....always one of the top producing states in blue chip football players per household. When a northwest school has an influx of richer households...they generally get much better.

The years I did the demographics and Louisiana had the most blue chips per pop. 45th state in household income....always one of the top producing states in blue chip football players per household. When a northwest school has an influx of richer households...they generally get much better.

Louisiana has ballerzzzz. If Leach recruited the Weat Coast, Houston and Louisiana I’d be fine with that.

SBNation did it again. Guess I should of looked for it before posting. South Carolina has twice the amount of elite athletes per pop. than Washington State.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...l-recruiting-state-rankings-population-capita

Louisiana has ballerzzzz. If Leach recruited the Weat Coast, Houston and Louisiana I’d be fine with that.
The way I remembered it...I would of said that Louisiana produces like 3 times the amount of elite athletes per population than states like Washington, Oregon and Idaho. But it's SIX times as dense with elite athletes. Frick'n 6.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT