ADVERTISEMENT

ACC 2024 FB schedule

Loyal Coug1

Hall Of Fame
Aug 24, 2022
2024 ACC FB schedule. 17 teams, no Divisions, 8 conference games? So you play only half of your conference mates? I guess there will be championship games, but HTF do you figure that out when you only play half your league? Nonsense. Stanford plays at Syracuse, Clemson, and NC State. Plus non-con ND. Cal? At Auburn, FSU, Pitt, Wake Forest and SMU. That will be fun! And in the notes - no existing ACC teams will travel to California in back to back seasons. Gee Stanford and especially Cal, that sounds fair compared to your schedule!

Can't wait to see Stanford and Cal's M and W basketball, baseball, W soccer and VB schedules.

Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG
Not all that different than how the p12 did it this year right? We had divisions but those didn't matter when it came to the CCG, it was strictly conference record then head to head.

Not all that different than how the p12 did it this year right? We had divisions but those didn't matter when it came to the CCG, it was strictly conference record then head to head.
9/12 vs 8/18 is a pretty big difference

Sure when it comes to head to head matchups determining the top 2. The format is the same though.

(Wazzucougs96 said)

Replying to multiple posts here.

First, correction, it's 9/11 and 8/16 (not counting the team itself, and the ACC will have 17 total). Unless they pick up WSU - snort! And yes that is a huge difference. Even missing 2 team caused grief over the years.

And no the PAC-12 dropped divisions in 2023. I think you are correct on the rest, 90.

The most striking thing is the "no travel to California in back to back years for existing ACC teams". So one trip to Cal or Stanford every other year? And Stanford goes East 3 times in 2024, and Cal goes 4 times, plus SMU. Hahahahahaha!

• Love
Reactions: Coug90
(Wazzucougs96 said)

Replying to multiple posts here.

First, correction, it's 9/11 and 8/16 (not counting the team itself, and the ACC will have 17 total). Unless they pick up WSU - snort! And yes that is a huge difference. Even missing 2 team caused grief over the years.

And no the PAC-12 dropped divisions in 2023. I think you are correct on the rest, 90.

The most striking thing is the "no travel to California in back to back years for existing ACC teams". So one trip to Cal or Stanford every other year? And Stanford goes East 3 times in 2024, and Cal goes 4 times, plus SMU. Hahahahahaha!
wtf did they think was gonna happen. They have to be at the biggest disadvantage of any team in the country relative to their conference foes.

wtf did they think was gonna happen. They have to be at the biggest disadvantage of any team in the country relative to their conference foes.
You mean Stanford and Cal? Well for 2 of the biggest brainiac schools in the country, they sure brain farted. Although to be fair, I guess maybe they didn't think they had a choice, since the MW was and still is the only realistic option. Although the MW does have multiple R1 institutions. 5 at last count. And I believe that SDSU is close.

You mean Stanford and Cal? Well for 2 of the biggest brainiac schools in the country, they sure brain farted. Although to be fair, I guess maybe they didn't think they had a choice, since the MW was and still is the only realistic option. Although the MW does have multiple R1 institutions. 5 at last count. And I believe that SDSU is close.
Yeah. They literally jumped from one dying conference to another. And they screwed themselves financially and logistically to do it. What Oregon and UW did sucks and there’s an argument to be made they will regret it too, but at least there was some logic to it. Cal and Stanford panicked and jumped before they had any idea what they were jumping too.

Yeah. They literally jumped from one dying conference to another. And they screwed themselves financially and logistically to do it. What Oregon and UW did sucks and there’s an argument to be made they will regret it too, but at least there was some logic to it. Cal and Stanford panicked and jumped before they had any idea what they were jumping too.
Here's what is kind of funny. Hang with me here.

The Cougs have the bare minimum number of sports to be Pac-eligible (irrelevant now). 15 total, 6 men and 9 women. To be D-1/FBS eligible, you need 6 and 8. I looked this up a while back, I think that total puts at or near the bottom compared to the MW.

Cal has 15 women's and 13 men's sports. Stanford has 20 and 18. I believe that many of these sports, like Fencing, Squash, Sailing and my favorite, Beach Volleyball, compete in cobbled together "conferences" consisting of mostly California-based schools. So I'm curious to see how many programs will actually compete on the ACC. Probably the same 15 that WSU has, +/- Rowing. Not sure that they do Rowing in the ACC. Seems like the alligator water hazards might get in the way.

I'm kind of losing my point, other than Cal and Stanford will travel through the nose in the major and semi-major sports, and shlepp around the West Coast in the rest. All so they can get a few more sheckles and a potential Football playoff spot.

Here's what is kind of funny. Hang with me here.

The Cougs have the bare minimum number of sports to be Pac-eligible (irrelevant now). 15 total, 6 men and 9 women. To be D-1/FBS eligible, you need 6 and 8. I looked this up a while back, I think that total puts at or near the bottom compared to the MW.

Cal has 15 women's and 13 men's sports. Stanford has 20 and 18. I believe that many of these sports, like Fencing, Squash, Sailing and my favorite, Beach Volleyball, compete in cobbled together "conferences" consisting of mostly California-based schools. So I'm curious to see how many programs will actually compete on the ACC. Probably the same 15 that WSU has, +/- Rowing. Not sure that they do Rowing in the ACC. Seems like the alligator water hazards might get in the way.

I'm kind of losing my point, other than Cal and Stanford will travel through the nose in the major and semi-major sports, and shlepp around the West Coast in the rest. All so they can get a few more sheckles and a potential Football playoff spot.
Yes, except that in reality they’re doing it for fewer shekels. Their 1/3 share from the ACC will be less than they had in the Pac-12. Not sure how it will compare to what the alternative is going to be.

Yes, except that in reality they’re doing it for fewer shekels. Their 1/3 share from the ACC will be less than they had in the Pac-12. Not sure how it will compare to what the alternative is going to be.
Yeah - I meant a few more sheckels than whatever pathetic deal we are looking at in the PacWest.

And apparently sheckles isn't a word. Your "shekels" seems to be, although I like my spelling better.

What a f-ing mess.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT