ADVERTISEMENT

The Times story on the Pac-12 break-up: GK and why is he employed

ttowncoug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 9, 2001
The one thing that stands out is how incredibly stupid they were for hiring Kliavkoff. Every little piece I hear about this guy, how he led the conference, just underscores what a terrible hire he was.

Why they still have him on the payroll is also a huge mystery. Should have been fired FOR CAUSE and the Pac-2 need to start leading.

I am sure he is employed because the lawyers tell them it is not time yet to fire him. Both WSU and OSU want him gone and he will be gone. But they will make sure they put together the strongest case forward because GK will file a lawsuit. Both sides may be in negotiation on a buyout because it may be better to partially pay him off than waste time in the courtroom.

Reactions: random soul
I am sure he is employed because the lawyers tell them it is not time yet to fire him. Both WSU and OSU want him gone and he will be gone. But they will make sure they put together the strongest case forward because GK will file a lawsuit. Both sides may be in negotiation on a buyout because it may be better to partially pay him off than waste time in the courtroom.
I’ll be surprised if he’s still employed by the time the CFP title game is played.

The thing is he will be owed $8-9 million if he fired without cause. While we may think there is cause, the lawyers and courts may say otherwise. I would think WSU and OSU are proceeding slowly on this, getting their paperwork together and making certain their case is solid before proceeding and getting rid of the idiot.

What if it’s Kliavkoff with connections and clout to bring together the rumored TKO affiliation with B-12/ACC/NewPac in a new conference?

Or…..what if we redefine GK’s job responsibilaities,,,,,maybe to clean toilets 9-5 M-F? Make him required to show up to work everyday and earn his $10M.

I could write a very long post about Dusty.Hooper's idea, which I seriously like. However, on one of the Beaver boards (Benny's House), one poster (whose handle I don't recognize) was saying that January 2nd is Kliavkoff's dismissal date.

I just did an internet search to see if I could find anything to support a January 2nd dismissal for Kliavkoff, and here's all I could find:

$500M worth Pac-12's Commish George Kliavkoff to be fired by January 2024: Report

Not a very satisfying story as the source they site is some mysterious "MHver3". So, I searched for "MHver3" and found this twitter feed:

MHver3 tweets here

It does seem like MHver3's tweets are ahead of when things actually happened in the PAC-12 breakup. But we don't know who MHver3 ("M. H. version 3" ???) is. Here's what MHver3 wrote on Twitter:

Hearing Kliavkoff will be fired with cause as early as January 2nd. Oliver Luck could be named as an interim CEO to help guide PAC through next steps in rebuilding/merging.
MHver3

Take this all with a grain of salt. But feel free to have fun with it. Get ready to celebrate.

Oh, and regarding Oliver Luck: looks like he's busy right now...

Oliver Luck wiki

I could write a very long post about Dusty.Hooper's idea, which I seriously like. However, on one of the Beaver boards (Benny's House), one poster (whose handle I don't recognize) was saying that January 2nd is Kliavkoff's dismissal date.

I just did an internet search to see if I could find anything to support a January 2nd dismissal for Kliavkoff, and here's all I could find:

$500M worth Pac-12's Commish George Kliavkoff to be fired by January 2024: Report

Not a very satisfying story as the source they site is some mysterious "MHver3". So, I searched for "MHver3" and found this twitter feed:

MHver3 tweets here

It does seem like MHver3's tweets are ahead of when things actually happened in the PAC-12 breakup. But we don't know who MHver3 ("M. H. version 3" ???) is. Here's what MHver3 wrote on Twitter:

Hearing Kliavkoff will be fired with cause as early as January 2nd. Oliver Luck could be named as an interim CEO to help guide PAC through next steps in rebuilding/merging.
MHver3

Take this all with a grain of salt. But feel free to have fun with it. Get ready to celebrate.

Oliver Luck wiki
Works for me. He’s a football guy and has lots of experience in operations and leadership. Considering the landscape of CFB, I’d value those who have experience in the pros. This is the semi pros basically. I’m sure there’s a timing component to GKs inevitable firing. No reason to be rash, do what’s best financially. And hopefully he can be fired with cause.

MHver3 tweets here

MHver3

Oliver Luck wiki
that guy is a twitter hack who is trying to gain clicks/ noteriety by throw shit against the wall and seeing what sticks. Notice the soft language "as early as", so he can claim veracity for GK being fired at basically any time.

In other news, MHver3 has also predicted that the sun will rise in the east as early as tomorrow and a bear shits in the woods as early as today.

I’d love to see Luck at the helm as he builds out a new look PAC with a little cash 💰 in the budget to get it done.

Jon Wilner just wrote a story titled "How Pac-12 schools will decide the end of George Kliavkoff's tenure". Story doesn't really say anything that hasn't already been discussed in this forum.

Link is to www.union-bulletin.com, so you should be able to read it.

Click Here

Jon Wilner just wrote a story titled "How Pac-12 schools will decide the end of George Kliavkoff's tenure". Story doesn't really say anything that hasn't already been discussed in this forum.

Link is to www.union-bulletin.com, so you should be able to read it.

Click Here
The answer to all four of Wilner’s questions is the same:

1. Did he effectively commit an act of treason against the Pac-12?

Yes. He reversed his own position when the number of departures increased from 2 to 10. When the conference’s future and his paycheck were still secure, he agreed that USC, UCLA, and even Colorado were no longer part of the board. When 7 more schools jumped and the conference appeared on the edge of collapse, he changed his mind and tried to retain authority for the 10 - knowing full well that they’d likely vote to cash him out and dissolve. Further, he’d stated under oath that removal from the board was the precedent, but then pretended - in writing - that that was not a possible reading of the bylaws.

Did he act in a harmful manner?
Yes. As noted above, he attempted to countermand established precedent in a way that at best gave decision-making power to 10 representatives with no interest in the future. At worst, it would lead to the dissolution of the conference. Either way, it likely enriched him personally.

So was he working against the best interest of his employer?

Yes. He was the conference commissioner, not the commissioner of the departing 10. It was his job to work for the benefit of the conference and its future. He chose instead to represent its 10 departing members, likely to the detriment of the conference.

And if so, is that grounds for termination with cause?

If the answer to the previous 3 questions is yes, this one must also be yes. He has shown a disregard for the conference rules that threatened the existence of the conference, and worked to the detriment of its continuing members. There can be no confidence in his continuing loyalty. This is exclusive of any failures regarding media rights - he has displayed a lack of honesty and integrity, and simply can’t be trusted to work for the conference’s benefit.

What if it’s Kliavkoff with connections and clout to bring together the rumored TKO affiliation with B-12/ACC/NewPac in a new conference?
TKO doesn’t need GK. Everything is going through Oliver Luck now. GK is a dead man walking.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT