ADVERTISEMENT

The X rumors are picking up...

ttowncoug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 9, 2001
That the ACC, Big-12 and Pac-2 will partner with these guys (Endeavor is a majority owner).

To create 3 conferences, ACC, Big12 and Pac10, where the majority of the Pac-10 gets back together.

Endeavor/TKO would be the TV rights holder and negotiate with the networks on the TV deals.

That the ACC, Big-12 and Pac-2 will partner with these guys (Endeavor is a majority owner).

To create 3 conferences, ACC, Big12 and Pac10, where the majority of the Pac-10 gets back together.

Endeavor/TKO would be the TV rights holder and negotiate with the networks on the TV deals.
So, in 2026? Or for 2024?

uhhh.... isn't that a ppv group?

I don't mind so much, but I feel like that limits the distribution.

This guy - he’s got a lot of sources and rumors so take with a grain of salt but interesting if there’s any smoke

This makes sense to me. The ACC, Big XII and whatever we're calling the PAC, band together. That's a big NCAA voting block. Exclude the SEC and B1G from scheduling.

oh... mr loud-mouth-throw-enough-stuff-against-the-wall-and-see-what-sticks.
Pretty much. I’m not taking his word for gospel but people like this need to be right every once in a while or everyone will tune out. It’s an interesting theory…one of many we’ve heard of course.

This makes sense to me. The ACC, Big XII and whatever we're calling the PAC, band together. That's a big NCAA voting block. Exclude the SEC and B1G from scheduling.
I agree. Something like this will be the response to the superconferences. I also want it noted that I mentioned this several months ago. :)

If the Superconferences try to form a 30-40 program alliance, the response by the remaining 100 programs should (and eventually will) be to band together and form their own union.

MHver3 has been directionally right in these discussions. I think he has a source from WVU.

To me, and the fact you haven't heard a peep about any future Pac-12 invites, schools being vetted, etc., tells me their is "smoke" with this discussion.

Cal and Stanford don't want to be playing games on the east coast. Everyone bailed and looked for a life raft. The fact that WSU and OSU hold the Pac-12 purse, and the departing schools to the Big-12 need the money, I believe something will happen.

Not enough time to get it down before next season, but give it a few months (maybe by June) and something will happen.

Reactions: Coug90
MHver3 has been directionally right in these discussions. I think he has a source from WVU.

To me, and the fact you haven't heard a peep about any future Pac-12 invites, schools being vetted, etc., tells me their is "smoke" with this discussion.

Cal and Stanford don't want to be playing games on the east coast. Everyone bailed and looked for a life raft. The fact that WSU and OSU hold the Pac-12 purse, and the departing schools to the Big-12 need the money, I believe something will happen.

Not enough time to get it down before next season, but give it a few months (maybe by June) and something will happen.
The latest court decision sets a clearer path for something like this I’d think. At the end of the day you also have two solid athletic programs and markets in the PNW in Seattle/Portland - someone will be smart enough to see the value, if it takes wrestling/MMA execs to realize it so be it. If something like this goes down OSU and WSU will be a part of it.

The whole concept has merit, if it happens or not time will tell.

For starters, ESPN is paying the all three conference, the SEC, ACC and Big 12 to carry their game. Disney is having issues with linear TV, but sports is one of the few profitable areas left. Question is do they sell off their rights to the ACC and Big 12 and go all in in the SEC? Who knows, but Disney is probably willing to listen to something, and they could push the deal to get FSU, Miami, NC and Clemson into the SEC or Big, so now they have formed their "super league" they package that bundle, and if they can sell off their deals with the ACC and Big 12, they probably would. Cable cutters are causing, and costing Linear TV a lot of problems, look at the regional sports networks, Root sports selling to the Mariners is just a tip of the iceberg, the regional sports networks have been decimated by "cord cutters", many regional sports networks have gone out of business in the past couple of years, there and MLB teams with no regional sports network right now, the Mariners problems with Root is not unusual, it is happening everywhere in baseball, hockey and basketball.

We are entering a new era in sports, realignment in College sports are just part of the change, how we watch these sports and who pays the teams and how and who the viewers pay is also changing.

The Pac 12 is not getting back together with the most recent 12 teams, but 4-6 of them could come back, and forming a 3 or 4 division league between the ACC, Big 12 and Pac 2 , might be the only way to keep pace with the super league. Look at the teams willing to pay 1 million or more for a transfer QB, if you are not one of them, you may not be in the Big or SEC much longer. However being in a conference that is a close 2nd that stretches coast to coast that does not have an unlimited pool of NIL money, will possibly build a stronger viewer ship. So, there is probably some company willing to pay for it and package it up and sell it.

Does this guy have inside knowledge? Who knows, but one can logically come up with an argument as to why this would happen. Doesn't mean it will, because you have university Presidents and egos involved, and we saw how that worked for the Pac 12.

Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG
The whole concept has merit, if it happens or not time will tell.

For starters, ESPN is paying the all three conference, the SEC, ACC and Big 12 to carry their game. Disney is having issues with linear TV, but sports is one of the few profitable areas left. Question is do they sell off their rights to the ACC and Big 12 and go all in in the SEC? Who knows, but Disney is probably willing to listen to something, and they could push the deal to get FSU, Miami, NC and Clemson into the SEC or Big, so now they have formed their "super league" they package that bundle, and if they can sell off their deals with the ACC and Big 12, they probably would. Cable cutters are causing, and costing Linear TV a lot of problems, look at the regional sports networks, Root sports selling to the Mariners is just a tip of the iceberg, the regional sports networks have been decimated by "cord cutters", many regional sports networks have gone out of business in the past couple of years, there and MLB teams with no regional sports network right now, the Mariners problems with Root is not unusual, it is happening everywhere in baseball, hockey and basketball.

We are entering a new era in sports, realignment in College sports are just part of the change, how we watch these sports and who pays the teams and how and who the viewers pay is also changing.

The Pac 12 is not getting back together with the most recent 12 teams, but 4-6 of them could come back, and forming a 3 or 4 division league between the ACC, Big 12 and Pac 2 , might be the only way to keep pace with the super league. Look at the teams willing to pay 1 million or more for a transfer QB, if you are not one of them, you may not be in the Big or SEC much longer. However being in a conference that is a close 2nd that stretches coast to coast that does not have an unlimited pool of NIL money, will possibly build a stronger viewer ship. So, there is probably some company willing to pay for it and package it up and sell it.

Does this guy have inside knowledge? Who knows, but one can logically come up with an argument as to why this would happen. Doesn't mean it will, because you have university Presidents and egos involved, and we saw how that worked for the Pac 12.

I don't think the guy is making up flat out lies. It's common sense that there are active discussions - and likely driven by the ACC - to ensure their schools don't get left out should Clemson, FSU, Miami and UNC decide to bail.

Fox has motivation to grab east coast markets (SEC is solely ESPN), I'd put these 4 schools on the Big-10's high wish list, and the ACC should be planning on a move happening. USC vs. Clemson, at Death Valley, would be a massive TV draw. Schools like Ohio State and Michigan would welcome a non-conference game in the state of Florida for recruiting/exposure purposes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT