ADVERTISEMENT

"These are not smart people.."

How_did_this_happen?

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 3, 2012
Wow.

Check at 6 min into video.

(Agree with him that if WSU fans were cheering injuries to USC players that is unacceptable)

You sir...are an asshole.

Talk about sour grapes. WSU was the better team and kicked USCs ass all over the field. If anything the ball bounced USCs way with all of the drops, the interception that bounced off our OLine helmet. WSU could have and should have won by 2 + TDs.

What an entitled old POS. Thanks for making the trip to Pullman, don't ever come back!

Wow.

Faking cramps and slight injuries have happened with some teams in the past. Doing so in order to give the defense a breather in the 4th is not out of the question. Time of possession and given the fact sc doesn't substitute would definitely rule out faking injuries. Typical SC fan calling WSU fans uncivil when they are maybe the most civil in the Pac.

(Agree with him that if WSU fans were cheering injuries to USC players that is unacceptable)

You sir...are an asshole.

Talk about sour grapes. WSU was the better team and kicked USCs ass all over the field. If anything the ball bounced USCs way with all of the drops, the interception that bounced off our OLine helmet. WSU could have and should have won by 2 + TDs.

What an entitled old POS. Thanks for making the trip to Pullman, don't ever come back!

Hah hah - F-that guy. 100 miles from civilization? Lake CDA and I had a good laugh at that one. Go back to the smog, Mr. Magoo.

I have to admit, at first I thought you were overreacting and there was absolutely no way he called everyone at WSU stupid... then I watched the video. Wow. What a pretentious dick. Totally uncalled for. Is WSU at the same level as USC academically, no. But so what. That doesn't mean that everyone that goes to WSU is stupid. I met some truly brilliant people during my time in Pullman.

I do agree with him that the crowd should never boo injuries... faked or otherwise. Fact is, as fans, we dont know if the kid is faking or not. Sure, its annoying and disruptive to the flow of the game, but you should never boo a kid for getting hurt. The man's annoyance is justified, but his response was inappropriate. I hope he apologizes once he calms down a bit.

Awe, no harm there. Just pissed off because they lost. He's right about us booing their injuries. We were booing them for faking injuries, but they weren't faking.

The old man was smack talking the students. WSU is 100 miles from civilization. That's the beauty of it. I didn't find his comments to be offensive.

Awe, no harm there. Just pissed off because they lost. He's right about us booing their injuries. We were booing them for faking injuries, but they weren't faking.

The old man was smack talking the students. WSU is 100 miles from civilization. That's the beauty of it. I didn't find his comments to be offensive.
A good number of them were indeed fake. This became obvious when 8. Randomly fell over, walked off under his own power, came back next play. Same with 44.

The irony of it is pretty awesome. I mean I'm sure this guy is book smart and could ace a physics test or history test with his eyes closed, but Life Smart in the year 2017? Insulting an entire community in front of a camera where it can be up on the web for millions (doubt that many will watch this but...) to see within seconds?

Talk about not smart...

If you don't think he meant that "civilization" comment to be offensive, I find THAT offensive.:)

But seriously, I don't like the booing of injuries either....otherwise, this old fart can go back to that hell hole known as Los Angeles and stew for another week.

Glad Cougar

Reactions: 79COUG
Wow.

Yawn... He's dead wrong on the 100 miles from civilization comment, its 73 miles. And who hasn't said USC is located in a crime ridden hell hole of a neighborhood? Booing injured players was wrong, they were legitimately injured, they were also as "soft" as Charmin tissue. They were falling like flys, the likes I haven't seen since it was us, when Paul Wulff was burning the program down. Honestly, this USC team makes the guys from across town in baby blue look like Seal Team 6 or the SAS.
We seriously hurt some "feeling" last night. Hopefully, they got their participation trophies and cookies after the game.

Don't act soft, like USC! We love and own that WSU is 50 from nowhere, and that we aren't particularly PC.

If you don't think he meant that "civilization" comment to be offensive, I find THAT offensive.:)

Glad Cougar

Oh, I'm sure he did mean it as a dig. So what? He's an old city guy. They don't understand the allure of the wide open country. Pullman is awesome. I don't care what he says. I would never have chosen to attend a city college. Different strokes.

I don't get offended when people make remarks about Pullman. WSU is a lot different than it was 30 years ago. I truly think we have the best campus in the PAC-12.

Yawn... He's dead wrong on the 100 miles from civilization comment, its 73 miles. And who hasn't said USC is located in a crime ridden hell hole of a neighborhood? Booing injured players was wrong, they were legitimately injured, they were also as "soft" as Charmin tissue. They were falling like flys, the likes I haven't seen since it was us, when Paul Wulff was burning the program down. Honestly, this USC team makes the guys from across town in baby blue look like Seal Team 6 or the SAS.
We seriously hurt some "feeling" last night. Hopefully, they got their participation trophies and cookies after the game.

Don't act soft, like USC! We love and own that WSU is 50 from nowhere, and that we aren't particularly PC.
Well, at 73 miles you are making a 'uuge assumption about the civility of Spokane.

Frankly there is way worse content on the USC free message board. Some guys are in denial, or aren't giving us enough credit. Many blame it on injuries, and that SC will always drop a game every season. They're confident they'll run the table and the Pac-12 south. Pretty arrogant, on some of their posts.

Frankly there is way worse content on the USC free message board. Some guys are in denial, or aren't giving us enough credit. Many blame it on injuries, and that SC will always drop a game every season. They're confident they'll run the table and the Pac-12 south. Pretty arrogant, on some of their posts.

The more arrogant the opponent, the sweeter the win, no? There was no sweeter win, in my book, than beating a Don James coached Dawg team, they took arrogance to a new level.

Reactions: M-I-Coug and 79COUG
Go home and cry on your yacht you pussy.

They were pussies when they showed up and wanted bench warmers for 60 degree weather.

They were pussies when they all cramped up and were breathing through their mouth when they had to run a little bit and cover our receivers.

They were pussies when they were holding our receivers and because they were getting burned by their cuts and crisp routes.

They were pussies when they cried about fans excited to celebrate with their winning team in their last home game of the season on national TV.

These "idiots" at WSU just beat you so not only are you pussies, but you aren't smart enough to beat us "idiots" with your pussy dumbass selves.

Reactions: walzuu
Go home and cry on your yacht you pussy.

They were pussies when they showed up and wanted bench warmers for 60 degree weather.

They were pussies when they all cramped up and were breathing through their mouth when they had to run a little bit and cover our receivers.

They were pussies when they were holding our receivers and because they were getting burned by their cuts and crisp routes.

They were pussies when they cried about fans excited to celebrate with their winning team in their last home game of the season on national TV.

These "idiots" at WSU just beat you so not only are you pussies, but you aren't smart enough to beat us "idiots" with your pussy dumbass selves.
Comment of the century

Reactions: Cougatron
wOmvo8x.jpg

God that little guy is irritating. The way he finishes so many sentences with that whiny lilt. How can you be on earth for as long as that old coot and not adjust your syntax while speaking? He ought to strap on his New Balance grandpa shoes and stroll on over the to the Annenberg School for some linguistic help...

I have to admit, at first I thought you were overreacting and there was absolutely no way he called everyone at WSU stupid... then I watched the video. Wow. What a pretentious dick. Totally uncalled for. Is WSU at the same level as USC academically, no. But so what. That doesn't mean that everyone that goes to WSU is stupid. I met some truly brilliant people during my time in Pullman.

I do agree with him that the crowd should never boo injuries... faked or otherwise. Fact is, as fans, we dont know if the kid is faking or not. Sure, its annoying and disruptive to the flow of the game, but you should never boo a kid for getting hurt. The man's annoyance is justified, but his response was inappropriate. I hope he apologizes once he calms down a bit.

In his defense, I don't think he meant everyone at WSU is stupid. I think he meant the fans booing and storming the field were stupid.

FWIW, I agree with him in booing injuries. The storming the field take is lame and tired though.

A good number of them were indeed fake. This became obvious when 8. Randomly fell over, walked off under his own power, came back next play. Same with 44.

Why would they fake injuries? We don't really run tempo, so it's not like when teams did that to Oregon to slow them down.

In his defense, I don't think he meant everyone at WSU is stupid. I think he meant the fans booing and storming the field were stupid.

FWIW, I agree with him in booing injuries. The storming the field take is lame and tired though.

The boos were for perceived fake injuries. Two or three seemed rather opportune.

Why would they fake injuries? We don't really run tempo, so it's not like when teams did that to Oregon to slow them down.

I don't know if they were faking it or not. But, I had several friends today at the gym, who are not Cougar fans, that thought that the USC players were faking their injuries. I think it wasn't the tempo that made them tired. It was the time of possession and the far greater number of plays that the Cougar offense had run that wore down USC.

Maybe it's my East coast roots, but this stuff doesn't bother me at all. He did what diehard fans do after a tough road loss.

And honestly, USC fans don't have respect for WSU. We've beaten them 10 times in our history. They expect to beat WSU every year. If you're on their message board looking for compliments, you won't find them.

Wow.

Nobody was cheering injuries. But many, including myself, suspected that USC's players were faking injuries in order to preserve their time-outs during the fourth quarter. That was a subject of conversation amongst those sitting near me. People were getting a bit tired of seeing a Trojan on the turf being attended by USC's trainers, getting up and slowly walking off and then miraculously rejoining the fray shortly thereafter. That is what was being booed, not the claimed infirmity.

p.s. Who is this old fart anyway?

WSU had just beaten the No. 5 team in the country. What's wrong with taking to the field? What's tired and lame is your bemoaning it. Buy some bigger panties, son.

Last edited:
Nobody was cheering injuries. But many, including myself, suspected that USC's players were faking injuries in order to preserve their time-outs during the fourth quarter. That was a subject of conversation amongst those sitting near me. People were getting a bit tired of seeing a Trojan on the turf being attended by USC's trainers, getting up and slowly walking off and then miraculously rejoining the fray shortly thereafter. That is what was being booed, not the claimed infirmity.

p.s. Who is this old fart anyway?

SCglory's main hole.

There are folks at every major college program that has experienced consistent success who:

1.) Have no identity outside college sports.
2.) Believe that the success of their program equates to their personal success.
3.) Take personally everything that relates to their program, and that goes double for negative things.
4.) Believe that the opponents who don't have decades of consistent success are inferior people.
5.) Begrudge those same opponents their occasional triumphs.
6.) Conveniently forget the bad behavior of their own fans under other circumstances, at other times.

Unfortunately for themselves, they generally are unable to put themselves in the shoes of others, and that includes being unable to understand how petty, whiny, and wimpy they sound when bemoaning a setback.

Contrast this video with the post-game comments of the SC players, who were candid, complementary and took personal responsibility. SC can be proud of the maturity level of the young men. But not too proud of the old guy who has no life.

Storming the field is for the students. It's not a thing. Making it illegal is a thing. Nobody's making people storm the field, but if they choose to, who cares? It's fun. Why do we always have to regulate this stuff?

Last edited:
Reactions: Alpine Cougar
Crotchety old man that thinks he is the smartest man in the room, but it is actually the opposite. The man's time has passed. USC, put the man out to pasture.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT