ADVERTISEMENT

These refs

Crazy stuff, and in fact I had to look up #15 for the Cougs when they announced the penalty. Didn’t see the culprit being Gunner Cruz, and the other #15 is the FR DB Armauni Archie, which didn’t make sense either. Missing calls like they regularly do is problematic, but assessing a penalty on the wrong team is insane.

I thought it was on Robert Lewis, back for a 7th year of eligibility. Was surprised they didn't at least replay the runback since it was such a significant change in field possession.

Damn that is about as bad as anything that I have ever heard of.

I mean that is really nuts. Have a sneaky feeling the fat guy was somehow involved. That guy really should be banned from ever calling another WSU game.

There are bad refs but usually their calls go both ways. That guy had a clear bias against WSU. He is also the one allowed the Cal interception that bounced twice on the ground. He got caught by replay on that one.

Does anyone remember a call being "rectified" against us after we had run a play over the last couple of years? I do but I can't remember the game or situation.

Seems like it happened this year.

There was the game at UCLA during the Wulff era, where the PAT was kicked and the game went to commercial, then after the commercial the ref explained that the replay official had buzzed before the PAT.

wonder why staff didn't question refs when number was called - shouldn't someone (or most everyone) know we didn't have a #15 on the field?

wonder why staff didn't question refs when number was called - shouldn't someone (or most everyone) know we didn't have a #15 on the field?
Wondered the same thing. There are enough coaches along the sideline and up in the booth that you would think it would've been detected.

Glad Cougar

Wondered the same thing. There are enough coaches along the sideline and up in the booth that you would think it would've been detected.

Glad Cougar
I heard it announced and immediately had to look up #15 in the WSU roster. Thought maybe they were getting Archie a couple ST plays without burning his RS.

Glad Cougar

Because they’re used to the train wreck that is pac-12 officiating.

How does the ref that threw the flag not blow his whistle when the ball is spotted 60 yards in the wrong direction?
In my experience, there are two main causes: 1) didn't have the balls to stop the game and argue or 2) didn't give a damn. At the HS level, it is usually #1. At the NCAA level, it's probably #2.

In my experience, there are two main causes: 1) didn't have the balls to stop the game and argue or 2) didn't give a damn. At the HS level, it is usually #1. At the NCAA level, it's probably #2.
I also wondered if maybe it was embarrassment. Having to fix a 60+ yard error is an EPIC officiating mistake for big league televised football, and I wondered if they somehow hoped they could skate on it now and have no/little blowback later.

I also wondered if maybe it was embarrassment. Having to fix a 60+ yard error is an EPIC officiating mistake for big league televised football, and I wondered if they somehow hoped they could skate on it now and have no/little blowback later.
Stuff I read is that they told WSU coaches a play or two later, so if that's true, they apparently weren't trying to make it a big secret with the hope it would go unnoticed.

I don't know if it was brought up but they also seemed to miss #51 with a hands to the face on Ron Stone, Jr. at about the 40 on that play. Total cluster.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT