ADVERTISEMENT

This loss hits differently...

KRUSTYtheCOUG

Head Coach
Dec 29, 2018
And i suspect because the realization of the reality of the situation is now clear.

We either thought or hoped there would be a rally in this team. A "circle the wagons"kind of effort. Especially against a team that was 1-6 and hadn't scored more than 30 this year in a single game.

Well now I feel that what we are seeing is our future...our new reality. Players are gonna leave. Coaches as well. The repercussions of an ambiguous future conference-wise are becoming clear.

All the remaining games can clearly be losses, and with these schemes/efforts likely will be. So in the last year of the conference when just weeks ago we were set to be a tremendous national story, this loss makes it clear that, not only will we NOT be a good story, but this was the COUGS' last chance at making any kind of a difference in big-time college football.

I feel that something has passed that ain't ever coming back. After almost 50 years of personally anticipating the fall college football season in the palouse, that era is over. That's all I have to say about that

And i suspect because the realization of the reality of the situation is now clear.

We either thought or hoped there would be a rally in this team. A "circle the wagons"kind of effort. Especially against a team that was 1-6 and hadn't scored more than 30 this year in a single game.

Well now I feel that what we are seeing is our future...our new reality. Players are gonna leave. Coaches as well. The repercussions of an ambiguous future conference-wise are becoming clear.

All the remaining games can clearly be losses, and with these schemes/efforts likely will be. So in the last year of the conference when just weeks ago we were set to be a tremendous national story, this loss makes it clear that, not only will we NOT be a good story, but this was the COUGS' last chance at making any kind of a difference in big-time college football.

I feel that something has passed that ain't ever coming back. After almost 50 years of personally anticipating the fall college football season in the palouse, that era is over. That's all I have to say about that
Hate to agree with you, but I kinda do. Can you believe we were ranked 13th at one point? Now we are just rank.

Unlike most, I blame the players (mostly defense) more than the coaches. How many missed arm tackles yesterday? How many yards after contact for the ASU backs? How many times were we a day late and dollar short on those pitchouts?

And OSU loses to Arizona. Don't think DeLaura will ever see the field again. Hah hah.

Edit: How does it work with DeLaura's NIL money? Can AZ just end it?

Last edited:
Reactions: Flatlandcoug
Yup, the WSU program we've all followed is gone. In a couple of years, we'll build back to become a middle of the pack MWC program and there will be a few good games/year, but the time has come for me to move on. One of my boys will be a Freshman at WSU next year. I'll go to a couple of games, but I'm not renewing my Lot #1 pass and I'll be scaling back my donation to CAF accordingly.

It's been a fun ride. The 80's and 90's were the best for me. I enjoyed the 2001-2003 teams, but Price leaving soured that memory. When we hired Leach, I always felt like that was going to be our last hurrah as a Nationally recognized program. I was right.

Last edited:
Reactions: UberCougars
The big thing is NIL and the portal. In the past, we could get an ok class of recruits and coach/build them up and have good years. That just won’t be possible without a ton of money, on top of not being P5.

It’s back to 1970s, when USC would have over a hundred on schollie, and 4 deep at every position. Kids didn’t mind sitting then, so I don’t think they will now for even more money.

My apathy for college athletics kicked in about 2018, and has become worse over time. I used to spend entire Saturday's glued to the TV or keeping tabs on the conference, and now it feels like a chore to even watch.
I am glad to hear I am not the only one, used to look at the TV schedule on Thursday and figure out which games I was going to watch and follow, other than the OSU game, I haven't watch a complete Coug game all year, passed on my season tickets after covid, after having season tickets for over 20 years. And I can't simply watch just any college game any longer, used to follow the pac, don't give a shit about them or any other conference.

My daughter graduates this year at WSU. Couldn't have come at a better time. After following them and being a fan since the early 70's, I'm done.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT