ADVERTISEMENT

Three Coug linemen are on the track team

YakiCoug

Hall Of Fame
Jan 6, 2003
OC Brian Greene, DL Dallas Hobbs, and former O-lineman Alec Kuzmack all are throwing the shot and discus. Brand Y reported in late March that Kuzmack left the football team to focus on track. Kuzmack has the best shot put throw at 60-4 (high school).

Last edited:
OC Brian Greene, DL Dallas Hobbs, and former O-lineman Alec Kuzmack all are throwing the shot and discus. Brand Y reported in late March that Kuzmack left the football team to focus on track. Kuzmack has the best shot put throw at 60-4 (high school).
Should be interesting with Hobbs gaining 30 pounds since his HS days and Greene being 300.

Well, the track team needs help, big time. I didn't think we could do worse than Rick Sloan, I maybe wrong. That said, being a weight guy isn't inconsistent with being a run blocking OL, both require speed, balance, foot work and explosiveness. I just hope it is dabbling, and not a sign of unhappiness in the linemen ranks. Oh yeah, I forgot, we don't run block.

I don't believe any of those three have competed for the Cougs in an outdoor meet this year. It looks like the earliest (probably the only time) you might see Greene and Hobbs would be the Husky duel meet which is after spring football. Not sure why Kuzmack hasn't been involved, maybe injury.

Hobbs and Kuzmack threw 44' and 47' in one indoor meet. Long way to go before they would be any real impact for the T&F team.

I don't believe any of those three have competed for the Cougs in an outdoor meet this year. It looks like the earliest (probably the only time) you might see Greene and Hobbs would be the Husky duel meet which is after spring football. Not sure why Kuzmack hasn't been involved, maybe injury.

Hobbs and Kuzmack threw 44' and 47' in one indoor meet. Long way to go before they would be any real impact for the T&F team.

Their bios show Kuzmack with a 60-4 shot in high school, Hobbs with a 58, and Greene with a 54.

Yaki, do you know if there is a difference in shot weight between HS and college shots? Back when I was still in high school there was a four pound increase in the college weight. Or maybe my memory is defective.

Reactions: FnuLnu
Yaki, do you know if there is a difference in shot weight between HS and college shots? Back when I was still in high school there was a four pound increase in the college weight. Or maybe my memory is defective.

Weights vary. I did a very quick check and learned the shot high school boys use usually weighs 12 pounds. I believe the heaviest shot beyond high school is 16 pounds. That explains the difference.

Weights vary. I did a very quick check and learned the shot high school boys use usually weighs 12 pounds. I believe the heaviest shot beyond high school is 16 pounds. That explains the difference.

I think it would be funny if one of the big ones fell on your head from about 50 feet straight down. :D

Is Rod Fisher running track?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT