ADVERTISEMENT

Times: With diverging Pac-12 and Big Ten paths in conference realignment, what’s best for Washington?

ttowncoug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 9, 2001
...."So that’s the Kliavkoff pitch: CFP access, regional rivalries, improved on-field play, and a competitive media rights deal with widespread distribution set to be completed in “the near future.”

Last edited:
So that’s the Kliavkoff pitch: CFP access, regional rivalries, improved on-field play, and a competitive media rights deal with widespread distribution set to be completed in “the near future.”

Not sure why Oregon and Washington would want to go to a conference they are third and fourth , and that with playoffs expanding to 12 teams pac 12 has good chance of getting two teams in .

It's Oregon and Husky logic.

Oregon has an "inferiority complex." Being in a "lesser" Pac-12 fuels that.

UW has a "superiority complex" (aka Husky hubris) where they honestly think that are the marque program in the nation next to Alabama.

Both think they deserve to be in the "big league" where USC and UCLA now play.

It's Oregon and Husky logic.

Oregon has an "inferiority complex." Being in a "lesser" Pac-12 fuels that.

UW has a "superiority complex" (aka Husky hubris) where they honestly think that are the marque program in the nation next to Alabama.

Fair summary of the delusion.

Reactions: froropmkr72
I will read articles about who is leaving and where they might be going, but it is something none of us have any control over, so I don't spend a lot of time thinking about it. I just hope the Cougs have a great year, and at the end of the year the Pac 10 has a great TV contract lined up with 10-12 teams in it. Since 1917 WSU has been a member of a west coast conference from the Pacific Coast Conference (PCC, 1915–1959) Athletic Association of Western Universities (AAWU, 1959–1968) Pacific-8 (1968–1978) Pacific-10 (1978–2011), and now the pac 12, and I would assume the WSU will continue to be a member of a Western Conference, which will continue to be out on the West Coast.

Reactions: PeteTheChop
Not sure why Oregon and Washington would want to go to a conference they are third and fourth , and that with playoffs expanding to 12 teams pac 12 has good chance of getting two teams in .

The guy on sports radio yesterday said with the next few years Big Ten schools could be making $50M or more annually in media rights revenue than their Pac-12 counterparts.

That seems like a lot of money, but I'm right in line with Ed's reasoning: Why would any team leave a conference where they have a better chance to make the playoffs?

Oregon has an "inferiority complex. UW has a superiority complex.

So do the Cougs if you look at the Neilson ratings.

Can only imagine what the viewing numbers will be today with Martin Stadium completely sold out

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT