ADVERTISEMENT

Todays game

jourdand

Hall Of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
So, as it looks, if we win, we will play California and then a win would get us Arizona. A loss would put us against Oregon State and then a win would get us Utah. I can't say I would ever want to see the Cougars lose, or advocate trying to lose, even more so on senior day but it does seem like an easier road in the PAC 12 tourney.

This post was edited on 3/7 12:12 PM by jourdand

Hard to argue with your analysis.

On the other hand, the only way we will advance in the tournament is if we play a full game. Guys hit 3's, guys play well in the paint, we don't have a long stretch of point guard mental lapse, and everybody has floor awareness on D. Add to that no stupid fouls, especially among our bigs.

If we do all that, we can beat any team in the conference. If we don't do at least 90% of that, we won't advance. So while I agree that Utah or Oregon would be an easier road than Arizona, I really don't think it matters. We play to win, or we go home, and the opponent is a secondary consideration.

So i guess we play Cal ,a second win over them will help recruiting. Arizona? Well i guess miracles can happen. The regular season has to be called a success with 7 conference wins. A win in the tourney would make it sweeter

Like every season there were ups and down but I agree this season has to be considered a huge success. We won more games then most predicted and were very competitive in many more games, some of which slipped through our fingers. I believe we saw a big increase in player developement. Many players contributed, that were basically after thoughts in the previous season. Obviously Hawkinson is the prime example but I for one would have loved to see Railey with another year under Kent.

Kernich-Drew, too. It took a half of a season, but the difference in his performance was just short of astonishing. I remember, just before his emergence, writing that I couldn't understand why Kent insisted on playing the guy. Now I know.

Coach Kent recognizes talent and how to develop it. One hopes this bodes well for next year's recruiting class.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT