ADVERTISEMENT

Tomas Thrastarson - Signed

guys he plays against seem very small in these videos. His brother also is playing in the US Davidson I think.

He had good stats in a FIBA U20 event. In 6 games about 16 points, 6 boards, 3 assists. Did turn it over a lot at I believe 3 per game. Lots of dunks, but shot 7-14 from 3.

guys he plays against seem very small in these videos. His brother also is playing in the US Davidson I think.
Watching these videos reminds me of watch Kunc's highlight video, but with Kunc's it looked like he was playing against middle school and HS freshman teams and Tommy T videos look a little city league. He has good size for 6'6". Looks to play a bit out of control.

Watching these videos reminds me of watch Kunc's highlight video, but with Kunc's it looked like he was playing against middle school and HS freshman teams and Tommy T videos look a little city league. He has good size for 6'6". Looks to play a bit out of control.
He played in the top level of basketball in Iceland. It is a professional league. He is young and played against older players. He looks very determined going to the basket.

He played in the top level of basketball in Iceland. It is a professional league. He is young and played against older players. He looks very determined going to the basket.
He does appear "determined" to dunk everything. Given that, I was waiting for him to have odd shooting mechanics. They looked solid as does his passing.

He does appear "determined" to dunk everything. Given that, I was waiting for him to have odd shooting mechanics. They looked solid as does his passing.
He kind of reminds me of a shorter Dirk Nowitski.

He is from Iceland. His highlights look good.

AWESOME STATS in a PAID PRO LEAGUE, that BETTER HIGHER level then WCC, MWC, WSU, etc.

Much better then getting LOW, LOWER, SEMI BAD STATS, in about 17 minutes off BENCH, at a LOWER then WCC, MWC, WSU, etc, level, like Vaver.

COMPARISON:

What a recruit, that is likely to do well, be a good starter, Situational, platoon starter, 6th man, etc, 24 to 27 to 30 minutes per game, About 13+ ppg, About 5 rebounds per game, About 2.7 assist per game, about 1.5 steals per game, about .75 of 1 block per game, about 39% from 3, about 79.5% from Freethrow line, at the WCC, MWC, WSU, etc, level, looks like:

Tomas: 6-6, 17 ppg, 5.7 rebounds, 2.4 assist at a higher then WSU, paid PRO level, etc. EXPLOSIVE, DETERMINED, ASSERTIVE, Can finish, get his shot off inside, near, at rim, dunks, dunks over players, knows when to not try to dunk, dunk over players, has good lay up, reverse lay up, runner, floater, tear dropper, 3 point shooter, has fall away 3, can create shooting room, space to shoot 3, even when guarded, with hand in face, or at risk of getting shot blocked, can do same at midrange, quick release, good shooting form, mechanics, windows, squares up, body, feet, shoulders, rainbow shot, good trajectory, good ball rotation, back spin, looks like has good shooting muscle memory, depth perception, shooting rhythm, etc, good at beating defenders off dribble, explosive first step, shifty, jukey, nice crossover, nice misdirection, nice pump fake, good stop and go, hesitation, delay move, good at breaking ankle, good ball handler, good at not dribbling one on one all day long, good at not going side to side, back and forth, east to west, too much shake and bake, all day long, etc, and instead makes good explosive move, plant, an or shifty cutback, and explodes, goes, forward past defender, instead of constantly trying to go back and forth, constantly trying to break defender ankles, knows when to pass it when he isn't able to beat a defender, drive, is good at passing, know when he can't drive, and when can't pass, etc, and in that situation, good at finding way to get shot off.

What a PREFERRED WALK ON, or leftover scholly player, 9,10,11th end of rotation, end of bench, low scoring, low rebounds, recruit, player at both lower level, higher WSU level looks like:

Vaver: 6-7, 7 ppg, 2.7 rebounds, only about 17, 18 minutes off bench, at a lower then WSU level

Both players about the same size, wing, 3 spot players. Both very young, but other then that, BIG DIFFERENCE between the 2. Tomas will probably do A LOT better at WSU, and in the role he would play in Riley's offense, then Vaver, who will probably not do as good.

Tomas is most definitely worth a scholly. Tomas is a STUD. Starter, will produce, etc.

Vaver is Preferred WALK ON level, worth a left over scholly, if there even is a leftover, spare scholly, end of 9,10,11 player rotation, end of bench, non producing player, not a stud player, etc.

More Tomas please, less Vaver please.

Last edited:
Mik, what a Debbie Downer. Instead of celebrating a new recruit, you use your post to trash another. There is something wrong with that.

AWESOME STATS in a PAID PRO LEAGUE, that BETTER HIGHER level then WCC, MWC, WSU, etc.

Much better then getting LOW, LOWER, SEMI BAD STATS, in about 17 minutes off BENCH, at a LOWER then WCC, MWC, WSU, etc, level, like Vaver.

COMPARISON:

What a recruit, that is likely to do well, be a good starter, Situational, platoon starter, 6th man, etc, 24 to 27 to 30 minutes per game, About 13+ ppg, About 5 rebounds per game, About 2.7 assist per game, about 1.5 steals per game, about .75 of 1 block per game, about 39% from 3, about 79.5% from Freethrow line, at the WCC, MWC, WSU, etc, level, looks like:

Tomas: 6-6, 17 ppg, 5.7 rebounds, 2.4 assist at a higher then WSU, paid PRO level, etc. EXPLOSIVE, DETERMINED, ASSERTIVE, Can finish, get his shot off inside, near, at rim, dunks, dunks over players, knows when to not try to dunk, dunk over players, has good lay up, reverse lay up, runner, floater, tear dropper, 3 point shooter, has fall away 3, can create shooting room, space to shoot 3, even when guarded, with hand in face, or at risk of getting shot blocked, can do same at midrange, quick release, good shooting form, mechanics, windows, squares up, body, feet, shoulders, rainbow shot, good trajectory, good ball rotation, back spin, looks like has good shooting muscle memory, depth perception, shooting rhythm, etc, good at beating defenders off dribble, explosive first step, shifty, jukey, nice crossover, nice misdirection, nice pump fake, good stop and go, hesitation, delay move, good at breaking ankle, good ball handler, good at not dribbling one on one all day long, good at not going side to side, back and forth, east to west, too much shake and bake, all day long, etc, and instead makes good explosive move, plant, an or shifty cutback, and explodes, goes, forward past defender, instead of constantly trying to go back and forth, constantly trying to break defender ankles, knows when to pass it when he isn't able to beat a defender, drive, is good at passing, know when he can't drive, and when can't pass, etc, and in that situation, good at finding way to get shot off.

What a PREFERRED WALK ON, or leftover scholly player, 9,10,11th end of rotation, end of bench, low scoring, low rebounds, recruit, player at both lower level, higher WSU level looks like:

Vaver: 6-7, 7 ppg, 2.7 rebounds, only about 17, 18 minutes off bench, at a lower then WSU level

Both players about the same size, wing, 3 spot players. Both very young, but other then that, BIG DIFFERENCE between the 2. Tomas will probably do A LOT better at WSU, and in the role he would play in Riley's offense, then Vaver, who will probably not do as good.

Tomas is most definitely worth a scholly. Tomas is a STUD. Starter, will produce, etc.

Vaver is Preferred WALK ON level, worth a left over scholly, if there even is a leftover, spare scholly, end of 9,10,11 player rotation, end of bench, non producing player, not a stud player, etc.

More Tomas please, less Vaver please.
27 PHOTOS

Our two recruits didn’t go head to head but played well in the same tournament both were very productive.
[ISL]

Tomas THRASTARSON​

Profile image of Tomas  THRASTARSON

GUARD
Show other teammates ATLASON, Almar BALDURSSON, Isak BARDARSON, Eythor GUNNARSSON, Orri INGOLFSSON, Kristjan KJARTANSSON, Agust KNUDSEN, Alexander OLASON, Solvi PALSSON, Elias SIGURDSSON, Jonathan STYRMISSON, Olafur
Birth:
19 Sep 2005 (age 18)
Height:
200cm / 6'7"
Club:
Thor Thorlakshofn (ISL)‎
Nationality:
ISL
Full profile
PTSRBDSAS
In this Event15.8N*95.7N*202.5N*32
And in the same tournament

Rihards VAVERS​

Profile image of Rihards VAVERS

GUARD
Show other teammates BAGATSKIS, Freds Pauls BERKOLDS, Rihards BIKOVS, Andrejs FARENHORSTS, Otto KARLSONS, Kristofers KLANSKIS, Ricards LASTINS, Markuss LISICINS, Rainers OSIS, Marcis PINNIS, Peteris SMIRNOVS, Daniils
Birth:
17 Nov 2003 (age 20)
Height:
197cm / 6'6"
Nationality:
LAT
Full profile
PTSRBDSAS
In this Event17.1N*65.7N*331.7N*64
STATS

Last edited:
Mik, what a Debbie Downer. Instead of celebrating a new recruit, you use your post to trash another. There is something wrong with that.

I wasn't trashing him. And I don't do what El C did in calling Lodwick, Bone, recruits, players names, throwing insults at them, etc.

And I am sure that Vaver is a awesome guy, student athlete, good character, so forth. I have said that in past and will continue to say that.

But there is a difference between being a awesome guy of good character, etc, and being that + being a good recruit, etc.

And it's fair to point out that a player is not a good recruit, player, and WHY.

I probably would have dropped it long ago, but you guys seem to think he is a all world level recruit.

I disagree, and pointing out why, and I am BOTH celebrating a awesome recruit, and using that as a example to show why Vaver is not all world, not a good, or not as good a recruit at WSU's level.

It's getting to the point where a person can't, isn't allowed to discuss, debate, say things like Wulf, Ernie Kent, Schultz, Chun, a recruit, a player, etc, is not a good coach, president, AD, recruit, player, etc, and why, and discuss, debate it, etc, without either being told to immediately stop, etc.

I'm that respect, it's becoming more like Brand X, that if you disagree, and say why, if don't follow along, and say X WSU person is a awesome recruit, pres, AD, etc, then your shut down.

It's not as bad as Brand X banning over this, etc, but if this keeps up, I wouldn't be surprised, shocked if someone was banned.

You are showing nothing but your ignorance. No one said Vavers is "all world", just that he looks like a solid recruit considering the circumstances.

27 PHOTOS

Our two recruits didn’t go head to head but played well in the same tournament both were very productive.
[ISL]

Tomas THRASTARSON​

GUARD
Show other teammates ATLASON, Almar BALDURSSON, Isak BARDARSON, Eythor GUNNARSSON, Orri INGOLFSSON, Kristjan KJARTANSSON, Agust KNUDSEN, Alexander OLASON, Solvi PALSSON, Elias SIGURDSSON, Jonathan STYRMISSON, Olafur
Birth:
19 Sep 2005 (age 18)
Height:
200cm / 6'7"
Club:
Thor Thorlakshofn (ISL)‎
Nationality:
ISL
Full profile
PTSRBDSAS

Rihards VAVERS​

GUARD
Show other teammates BAGATSKIS, Freds Pauls BERKOLDS, Rihards BIKOVS, Andrejs FARENHORSTS, Otto KARLSONS, Kristofers KLANSKIS, Ricards LASTINS, Markuss LISICINS, Rainers OSIS, Marcis PINNIS, Peteris SMIRNOVS, Daniils
Birth:
17 Nov 2003 (age 20)
Height:
197cm / 6'6"
Nationality:
LAT
Full profile
PTSRBDSAS
STATS
Both look solid. Like that we are going overseas to help build the roster. Seems like a good strategy to try and hold on to them while they develop through the program. Still wondering who is going to bring the ball up in a press.

Seriously, Mik.....what do you think of Vavers as a recruit?

Let Vavers and every recruit play at least one game before casting some kind of final judgment as to whether they were worthy of a scholarship. I don't know how it will turn out, but I will say at least Vavers has already been productive at the D-1 level, something you can't yet say about the Icelander. That's worth something to me.

Glad Cougar

I wasn't trashing him.

I probably would have dropped it long ago, but you guys seem to think he is a all world level recruit.

It's getting to the point where a person can't, isn't allowed to discuss, debate, say things like Wulf, Ernie Kent, Schultz, Chun, a recruit, a player, etc, is not a good coach, president, AD, recruit, player, etc, and why, and discuss, debate it, etc, without either being told to immediately stop, etc.

I'm that respect, it's becoming more like Brand X, that if you disagree, and say why, if don't follow along, and say X WSU person is a awesome recruit, pres, AD, etc, then your shut down.

It's not as bad as Brand X banning over this, etc, but if this keeps up, I wouldn't be surprised, shocked if someone was banned.
Oh stop. You never drop anything. Your dissing of Vavers has no end. And this site has no moderator, so how is anyone going to get banned?

Yeah Mik as Loyal points out there is no banning on this site. You are (Mik) becoming more El C day after day.

Reactions: jourdand
27 PHOTOS

[ISL]

Tomas THRASTARSON​

GUARD
Birth:
19 Sep 2005 (age 18)
Height:
200cm / 6'7"
Club:
Thor Thorlakshofn (ISL)‎
Nationality:
ISL
Full profile
PTSRBDSAS

Rihards VAVERS​

GUARD
Birth:
17 Nov 2003 (age 20)
Height:
197cm / 6'6"
Nationality:
LAT
Full profile
PTSRBDSAS
STATS

Then Why the hell wasn't Vavers playing more minutes, instead of only playing about 17 minutes, and only 7 pog, 2.7 rebounds per game.

If I was the coach of Quinapiac, basketball version of FCS esque MAAC level, and if he was that good, even better then Tomas statistically, etc, then I would give Vaver more minutes, even if he is a freshman.

I suppose it's possible that there about 6,7,8 absolute STUDS, better players in front of him, but I doubt that.

If a freshman is that talented, skilled, productive, etc, then you give them more minutes.

If coach had played him more, had given him more minutes, instead of putting him on bench, he would have probably scored a lot more, and had a lot more rebounds, etc, and would have looked a lot better then only the measly seeming 7 ppg, 2.7 rebounds per game, only 17,18 minutes per game, and looking like a project.

Altho Riley didn't need to find, get, project, a seeming project, and could get more Okafors, Tomas's, etc, at least if your going to try to find, get, project, etc, a seeming project, then be successful, and get a real hidden diamond in the rough, under the radar, seeming project, etc, Altho don't need to try and do that, and should be able to get 3.5 stars, or 3.5 star level recruits like Okafor, Tomas, etc.

Thanks for that info.

Without that info, etc, Vavers sure looks, looked, seemed like a project, preferred walk on with lower, semi bad stats.

Instead of trying to shut somebody down that disagrees and tells why disagrees, a person should discuss, make counter point, etc, like Jourdand did, etc.

This is or should be a discussion, debate, message, etc, board, not a shut down everybody, anybody that doesn't agree, doesn't follow along board

Then Why the hell wasn't Vavers playing more minutes, instead of only playing about 17 minutes, and only 7 pog, 2.7 rebounds per game.
Pretty simple. He was a Frosh. Compare his stats to ANY WSU frosh last year with the exception of 3rd Year Rice

Yeah Mik as Loyal points out there is no banning on this site. You are (Mik) becoming more El C day after day.

No I'm not. El C was constantly insulting, calling Ken Bone a bone head, and calling Lodwick names.

I also didn't think Lodwick was going to be good enough and why, but I didn't call Lodwick names, etc, like El C did, and I tried to shut down, call out El C's calling Ken Bone names, with everyone else.

Back then the rest of us discussed things like Lodwick, Ken Bone, etc.

And almost everyone was recognizing, saying that Ken Bone, and some players weren't good, and some disagreed, thought he was good, and everybody discussed it, instead of shutting down any who disagreed.

Now you get shut down, called out, etc, if you disagree, if you think that a WSU person not good, dont follow along, etc.

Newsflash, you can think that a WSU coach, player, recruit, be it Len Stevens, or whoever, and says so, and why, and discuss, and still not diss them, and still not do what El C did, and still not call them names like stupid, idiot, bonehead, etc, and still not disrespect, and still respect them, etc.

For comparison

Gueye his freshman year played 15 mins a game and scored 7.4 ppg.

Chenyelu 14 mins and 4.7 ppg

Houinsou 16 min 3.9 ppg

Last edited:
No I'm not. El C was constantly insulting, calling Ken Bone a bone head, and calling Lodwick names.

I also didn't think Lodwick was going to be good enough and why, but I didn't call Lodwick names, etc, like El C did, and I tried to shut down, call out El C's calling Ken Bone names, with everyone else.

Back then the rest of us discussed things like Lodwick, Ken Bone, etc.

And almost everyone was recognizing, saying that Ken Bone, and some players weren't good, and some disagreed, thought he was good, and everybody discussed it, instead of shutting down any who disagreed.

Now you get shut down, called out, etc, if you disagree, if you think that a WSU person not good, dont follow along, etc.

Newsflash, you can think that a WSU coach, player, recruit, be it Len Stevens, or whoever, and says so, and why, and discuss, and still not diss them, and still not do what El C did, and still not call them names like stupid, idiot, bonehead, etc, and still not disrespect, and still respect them, etc.
I can't believe that you can remember, let alone bring up multiple times (4 in your latest post, more times elsewhere) what some random poster said over 10 years ago. Do you keep a diary? And who the F cares? Just shut up about Vavers. You don't like him as a recruit. You've said it probably a hundred times in what must be exceeding a dozen posts now. We get it.

My one memory of Ken Bone was sitting at a Baseball game. He was there, dressed in some floppy shorts with his junk damn near hanging out. His probably 14-year-old daughter was beside him, dressed like a hooker. I thought - that's our head BB coach? Second place on the flip side was seeing Paul Wulff walking into a basketball game with his wife. She was hot, but dressed like she was going to the Oscars or something. And it was cold out.

I'm getting old and that has a lot to do with it. But it was just last week, I was trying to remember the name of the annoying poster that Mik is referring to– he loved Ernie Kent but hated Ken Bone and was immediately hateful of Kyle Smith....becoming so despondent that Smith was the new head coach that he left the board for good. Most of us had a lot interesting interaction with that guy, but I had already forgotten his name. Now Mik has reminded me– El Comanche. He was supposedly a Cougar fan but you couldn't tell it with his posts. Anyway, I hope to forget his name real soon, which I probably will as long as nobody brings it up again!

Glad Cougar

Reactions: mikalalas
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT