ADVERTISEMENT

Top 25?

Well the #19, 20, 23 and 25 teams all lost today.

Might be a chance for our Cougs to hit the top 25.....
Indiana St hit the top 25 for the first time since Larry Bird last week and then prompty coughed up a game. So I don't know how badly I want the Cougs to hit the top 25.

We should be ranked. 10 teams with 20 wins and we're the only unranked. Weak non-conf schedule this season has hurt us. Conference record great as we're currently projected to be a 9 seed in the Big Dance. Get a split vs AZ teams next week. Beating Arizona the first time helps a ton.

We should be ranked. 10 teams with 20 wins and we're the only unranked. Weak non-conf schedule this season has hurt us. Conference record great as we're currently projected to be a 9 seed in the Big Dance. Get a split vs AZ teams next week. Beating Arizona the first time helps a ton.
F that we can play with Arizona. Go take em both and win the conference.

Reactions: 79COUG and M-I-Coug
Let’s get crazy, why not. A win vs Zona, sweep of a top 5 NET/Kenpom team puts us…top 20 and no worse than a 5 seed?

Let’s get crazy, why not. A win vs Zona, sweep of a top 5 NET/Kenpom team puts us…top 20 and no worse than a 5 seed?

Why not really go Hog Wild, and have WSU win their last 5 in row, go 25-6, win PAC 12 conference then win 3 more in row to be 28-6, and PAC tourny champion, then a #2, #3 seed in NCAA tournament, then 4 more wins in NCAA tournament, and a Elite 8/Final 4 appearance, and have their final record be 32-7

We are doing exactly what we needed to do a few weeks ago. Win and win a lot. Keeping winning and it will all take care of itself.

We are doing exactly what we needed to do a few weeks ago. Win and win a lot. Keeping winning and it will all take care of itself.
Cougs come out of next to nowhere to hit #22 in the Coaches poll. AP Poll not out as of 10AM Monday.

Honestly I find it shocking. It’s crazy how in sports you can get disrespected for what seems like months and eventually the light bulb goes on for enough of these folks. It’s undeniable they are playing some of the best basketball in the country right now.

Crazy how home wins over Cal/Furd finally do the trick. I guess at some point the wins stack up enough to move the needle.

Crazy how home wins over Cal/Furd finally do the trick. I guess at some point the wins stack up enough to move the needle.
The sportswriters think more of us than the computers do. That’s a first! Bizarro world indeed.

From the predictions of bottom of the Pac-12 to having a chance to be on the top of the Conference is quite impressive. With all the players that left it was understandable for the bottom placement. Coaching staff and players should be commended for a job well done. They have beaten some good quality teams along the way. They are fun to watch

Has more to do with the fact that a ton of teams in the 18-30 range lost this week.
In the AP we are up 9 spots. Not every team
In front of us lost. Team is finally getting noticed for the run that they are on.

That said, haven’t done shit yet. A few untimely losses and will be back in the NIT.

Saw a recent projection as a #9 vs Nevada at Indy. If that is a win then comes a #1 Seed.

Can we possibly hold onto Smith after this season? I know - enjoy the moment and I am, but it's a very real concern and may be a reality in barely 2-3 months at the most.

Getting a 1-8 seed would be something else.

Funny the difference a week makes. Went from being a bubble team (though in the top 35 in the polls) to a solid middle seed.

Essential that the Cougs finish the task before them though. This season has me wishing there wasn't a conf tourney - it can only hurt us at this point.

Funny the difference a week makes. Went from being a bubble team (though in the top 35 in the polls) to a solid middle seed.

Essential that the Cougs finish the task before them though. This season has me wishing there wasn't a conf tourney - it can only hurt us at this point.
Looking ahead to AZ on Thursday made me recall when the Kelati-led Cougs beat AZ in 2005 (recap link below).

So the day after the game, on Sunday, I took my Mom to church in Pullman. A rare appearance in church for me. So there in a pew across the church sat Kelati with I assume his GF. The reverend stopped services to congratulate Kelati, who got a sitting ovation from the congregation.

Looking ahead to AZ on Thursday made me recall when the Kelati-led Cougs beat AZ in 2005 (recap link below).

So the day after the game, on Sunday, I took my Mom to church in Pullman. A rare appearance in church for me. So there in a pew across the church sat Kelati with I assume his GF. The reverend stopped services to congratulate Kelati, who got a sitting ovation from the congregation.

Wish I’d had a reason to be in AZ Thursday. You can get into the game for $20!!

I've probably told this story before on this site, but I saw this team when they came to play the Pilots in Portland. Even though it was a slow, trudging game you could tell CDB had something cooking. My first time see D Low as well and you could see the makings of a great college PG.

I've probably told this story before on this site, but I saw this team when they came to play the Pilots in Portland. Even though it was a slow, trudging game you could tell CDB had something cooking. My first time see D Low as well and you could see the makings of a great college PG.
I liked Low a lot but I thought they became a better team when Rochiestie became the point guard and Low moved to shooting guard. I dragged my wife to some of those games and when I told her to stop watching the ball and watch the picks being set for Low away from the ball it seemed to open up a whole new version of basketball for her.

The conference tournament can't hurt WSU.

WSU goes 3-2, 4-1, finishes top 1,2,3 in conference, and WSU is in NCAA tourny as a 6,7,8,9,10 seed, and then the conference tournament only affects SEEDING , and would not hurt or prevent WSU making NCAA tourny

WSU goes 3-2 and WSU is IN irregardless of conference tournament.

Just keep winning. Everything else takes care of itself. Don't take anything for granted. It wasn't that many years ago that UW won the conference regular season title and still didn't make the NCAA tournament.

Glad Cougar

I kinda wish they wouldn't be ranked. I love the "no respect, Cougs vs everyone" mentality. Hopefully this doesn't change!

It happened in 2012. I also read the huskies got snubbed in 1940 or 41 under similar circumstances I assume by the NIT.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT