ADVERTISEMENT

Tramaine Isabell

7ICoug

Hall Of Fame
Jan 30, 2003
Granted his release from WSU. Long thought that this was going to happen. Now the full court press on Rorie and another PG from 22 Foot Academy who is visiting this weekend. Rorie also decides this weekend.

I am really not surprised as well with the courting of Redding and Rorie. Now though, Rorie becomes a crucial get for next season and beyond. At this point I wonder where Isabell ends up? I would think Oregon would have some interest with their issues.

Originally posted by SaveFerris:
I am really not surprised as well with the courting of Redding and Rorie. Now though, Rorie becomes a crucial get for next season and beyond. At this point I wonder where Isabell ends up? I would think Oregon would have some interest with their issues.
I guess Coug4life was correct. Some owe him an apology. Isabel probably goes to a prep school.

Correct on?
EDIT: Sounds like this was more a decision from WSU?
This post was edited on 5/14 3:43 PM by SaveFerris

He said that isabell would not qualify. He stated it and backed off when asked hard questions. One hopes that Rorie will commit now that the position is wide open.I think that Isabell will have a tough time now and perhaps a juco or prep school may be best for him.He has to learn that not all basketball players will play pro ball and he should invest in his future.I am doubtful of Rorie and think that Chauca may be offered now. So Redding may have been a very needed get. Kent will impact the team positively so that we do not get rogues and high risk kids that the previous regime offered and gave scholarships to. The first step is recruiting and the second is to let go of some of these non talents now on scholarship..It will take two years of hard work to undo the damage of the last coach.

Originally posted by ElComanche:
He said that isabell would not qualify. He stated it and backed off when asked hard questions. One hopes that Rorie will commit now that the position is wide open.I think that Isabell will have a tough time now and perhaps a juco or prep school may be best for him.He has to learn that not all basketball players will play pro ball and he should invest in his future.I am doubtful of Rorie and think that Chauca may be offered now. So Redding may have been a very needed get. Kent will impact the team positively so that we do not get rogues and high risk kids that the previous regime offered and gave scholarships to. The first step is recruiting and the second is to let go of some of these non talents now on scholarship..It will take two years of hard work to undo the damage of the last coach.
Chauca has held a Washington State offer for a few weeks.

Originally posted by SaveFerris:

Correct on?
EDIT: Sounds like this was more a decision from WSU?

This post was edited on 5/14 3:43 PM by SaveFerris
Coug4life said he would never play for the Cougars. He was correct. I am not sure if we know who initiated this. Either way, C4L was correct.

I am of the opinion that If Isabell had qualified and stayed the offer to Chauca would have been pulled.Ii would guess that if Rorie committed that this will also be the case.However i do not think that Rorie is coming. If a basketball game on Sunday is more important than selecting a university where one will spend four years ,then the chances are indeed slim.

Backed off? Really?! Its a sad state of affairs if you ask me. I hope the best for the young man. I am excited to see what the new guys can do and hoping the possibility of extra playing time sways Amahd in our direction.

Yes you made the correct call. When posters jumped on you,you disappeared. Hell since you had the right information you should have stayed on the board. It was correct and people did not want to hear it.I questioned Isabells pro potential and a few poster lashed out at me. I could have cared less and stayed posting. .Isabell is in no shape or form is a one and done deal.I wish the young man luck but feel he has a tough road to travel.

Originally posted by 7ICoug:
Granted his release from WSU. Long thought that this was going to happen. Now the full court press on Rorie and another PG from 22 Foot Academy who is visiting this weekend. Rorie also decides this weekend.
That's too bad. He has some good skills, although I thought his jump shot's release point is too low (almost a push shot from the forehead). His footwork and ball-handling skills are fantastic. Could it be Kent et al got a look at his most recent grades/test score and they aren't good enough? Who knows. Best of luck to the young man, however.

Originally posted by YakiCoug:

Originally posted by 7ICoug:
That's too bad. He has some good skills, although I thought his jump shot's release point is too low (almost a push shot from the forehead). His footwork and ball-handling skills are fantastic. Could it be Kent et al got a look at his most recent grades/test score and they aren't good enough? Who knows. Best of luck to the young man, however.
Who knows for sure. If he ends up at a prep school, that is likely what happened. If he signs with another D1 school, then we know that there was a breakup. I would guess it is the former. Kent wanted him contingent on him passing school. As it is closer to the end of school, it was probably becoming more clear that he was not going to graduate on time. Good luck to him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT