ADVERTISEMENT

Travell Harris

Thanks Dr. D Gib....keep trying to read crap into my posts that is not there.

OK. Would you like to unveil this receiver that has the footwork to play corner? Or will he remain a mystery?

OK. Would you like to unveil this receiver that has the footwork to play corner? Or will he remain a mystery?

Mums the word. Not that important to distract from our discussion about kick off returners. When we talk about corners maybe I will give you a name or two.

Give me a break...
2018 vs 2019 catches by receiver position thru 10 games:
Z Receiver: 2018-97, 2019-113
Y Receiver: 2018-58, 2019-60
X Receiver: 2018-71, 2019-59
H Receiver: 2018-40, 2019-71
RB: 2018 Williams-63, 2019 Borghi-60
Very similar 2018 to 2019... just saying
I still say if someone charted where the throws go to, it’ll show a significant imbalance to the right. When he’s running out of time or scrambling (usually to his right) AG makes a lot of throws to a receiver that has come all the way across the field...from left to right.

I still say if someone charted where the throws go to, it’ll show a significant imbalance to the right. When he’s running out of time or scrambling (usually to his right) AG makes a lot of throws to a receiver that has come all the way across the field...from left to right.
I know RIGHT

If the QB is rolling right his throws damn well better be on the right side of the field.

Watching the Stanford game, Gordon does have a tendency to bail to his right and the distribution to receivers definitely shows that he favors the right side of the field. GMII had a lot more throws to the left than Gordon. That said, I also commented to my wife that I didn't want Gordon throwing across his body as he rolled to the right, because as mentioned by others, only bad things when you force passes in that manner. Even though I agree with the idea that Gordon favors the right side, do the touches by each receiver suggest that there is a real problem in distribution.

If I had a criticism of Gordon, it's that he gets flat footed in the pocket and holds onto the ball too long at times and there are times where he relies on his "baseball" throw to get the ball to receivers. He's got a pretty live arm and in general, he gets away with it, but I think there are times where the accuracy goes to hell when he's doing it.

If the QB is rolling right his throws damn well better be on the right side of the field.
My point was, just because the receivers from the left side have catches, that doesn't mean AG is throwing left. I'd be willing to be that the spray chart would show that the majority of those catches are on the right half, after they've run across the field...Not because AG is using the left side.

***I saw Bernard play and he WAS special. RB at WSU, DB in the pros. Think it was Denver. The comparison that comes to mind for BJ is Barry Sanders, both had the ability to just make these incredibly amazing quick cuts. Obviously their body types were dissimilar, with BJ being quite lean and Barry very compact, but their cutting ability was outstanding.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT