ADVERTISEMENT

UA President's interview with CBS RE: Media Deal

ttowncoug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 9, 2001
Find it very interesting that they pretty much are open that they've been talking to the Big-12. I don't know if this is leverage tactic for the conference, but it does give you a sense on where things are.

The conference quickly needs to pivot to expansion and getting something done with the ACC.

Big-12 will invite Fresno, UNLV and maybe Boise to get 4 teams on the west. I suspect they look east to get their roster up to about 20 teams.

Find it very interesting that they pretty much are open that they've been talking to the Big-12. I don't know if this is leverage tactic for the conference, but it does give you a sense on where things are.

The conference quickly needs to pivot to expansion and getting something done with the ACC.

Big-12 will invite Fresno, UNLV and maybe Boise to get 4 teams on the west. I suspect they look east to get their roster up to about 20 teams.
The Big 12 won't touch those teams. They are a money drain. They contribute nothing because no one watches them. Their viewership numbers are awful. If the Big 12 cannot bring on Arizona and Colorado, they will wait until something breaks loose with the ACC. And it will. It may be years down the road, but it will.

There was a statement from ASU’s president last week that said the PAC-12 is close to a deal, and he thinks it will be better than the Big-12’s. But it’s all talk now.

The Big 12 won't touch those teams. They are a money drain. They contribute nothing because no one watches them. Their viewership numbers are awful. If the Big 12 cannot bring on Arizona and Colorado, they will wait until something breaks loose with the ACC. And it will. It may be years down the road, but it will.
I agree. They’ve already got 4 teams coming in that don’t have a big viewership. That’s why they’re pressing for established P5 teams. I don’t see them grabbing more G5 teams in this cycle.

Reactions: 250vertical
They want 730pm games for Fox or FS1. BYU won’t create enough of those. Need a couple more schools out west to get this if that’s the goal. Which I think it is.

Any time that someone brings up Boise State as an expansion team, you realize that they are just throwing darts. Nobody is hoping to land Boise State. The entire discussion is wrapped around marketability and TV rights. Nobody gives a crap about Boise State unless they are in a major bowl game as an underdog. Boise is a crap TV market. If WSU isn't in the conversation for going to the Big 12, there is no way in hell that Boise State is in that conversation.

The best way to force the four corner schools to stay away from the Big 12 would be for that conference to recruit small market schools like Boise State and Fresno into the fold and dramatically reduce the TV money for everyone else. Those schools are a liability when it comes to TV money.

As mentioned in the article with the UA president....all the talk we are hearing is made up hearsay to create mistrust and chaos in the hope that it leads to panic by the four corner schools.

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT