ADVERTISEMENT

USC injuries: how much of a factor?

A couple of things here...sure it's a factor, but also it's USC...so they are plugging in 4 and 5 star types, probably not a huge drop off in talent/ability.

When you are talking about when USC has the ball, this is where crowd noise is so huge. Backup OLineman jumping, receiver running the wrong route leading to a pick....those are things that become more likely on the road in a hostile environment when a young kid gets rattled because he hasn't been there before.

Just going to point out this is one of the reasons Leach won't discuss injuries.

Refusing to comment on injuries and making sophomoric remarks about injured players are two different things, but I get your point. I'm sure Helton and staff won't figure out Pelleur's missing until the 4th quarter.

Refusing to comment on injuries and making sophomoric remarks about injured players are two different things, but I get your point. I'm sure Helton and staff won't figure out Pelleur's missing until the 4th quarter.

Acknowledging that Burnett is hurting, but expected to play is like putting a bulls eye on his shoulder. I can live with the sophomoric comments as the trade-off.

A couple of things here...sure it's a factor, but also it's USC...so they are plugging in 4 and 5 star types, probably not a huge drop off in talent/ability.

When you are talking about when USC has the ball, this is where crowd noise is so huge. Backup OLineman jumping, receiver running the wrong route leading to a pick....those are things that become more likely on the road in a hostile environment when a young kid gets rattled because he hasn't been there before.
Overall timing as well especially with Darnold and their receivers. If Burnett isn't full strength that especially could hurt. He's easily Darnold's favorite target.

I don't think anyone is going to exactly shed any tears for SC.

Injuries are always a factor, but what concerns me about this game is that virtually every website, writer, blog, etc. has this game listed as an "upset special," and is saying that USC is on alert this Friday. The Trojans have plenty of bulletin board material as far as that goes, so we certainly wont be sneaking up on them.

Cry a river again about the same dang thing over and over....impressive I guess?

Fixed your post Yaki......:p

"Refusing to comment on injuries and constantly making infantile remarks about fellow Cougzone posters players are two different things, but I get your point".

That said, I agree that CML should chill out just a little on the injury thing

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT