ADVERTISEMENT

UW vs. Oregon cancellation possible...

79COUG

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 19, 2008
Evidently the ewe has shut things down for a couple of days, football-wise, because of some positive tests.

IF they cancel the game then the mutts win the North and are in the championship game.

Evidently the ewe has shut things down for a couple of days, football-wise, because of some positive tests.

IF they cancel the game then the mutts win the North and are in the championship game.

Reading a Seattle Times article this AM- if they have a problem bad enough to cancel this weekend's game, they may not clear quarantine in time for the championship game, if it is played as scheduled.

It's ALL still up in the air at this point.

Reading a Seattle Times article this AM- if they have a problem bad enough to cancel this weekend's game, they may not clear quarantine in time for the championship game, if it is played as scheduled.

It's ALL still up in the air at this point.
Interesting. I didn't think about the possible ramifications on the championship game. However, they will have another mythical championship trophy to add to their collection!

Reactions: kougkurt
I didn't realize that, YTD, every game UW has played is against a team with a LOSING record. Now UO may be getting canceled? So they could make it to the CG despite not having played an opponent with more wins than losses?

By contrast, 2 of our 3 opponents had/have WINNING records, and SC in particular appears to be the class of the conference.

Are we better than UW? Not likely. But if you're Jimmy Lake, could you ask for a softer path in Year 1? Wow. Credit to UW bc they're making the most of their hand, but talk about falling ass-backwards into victory.

I didn't realize that, YTD, every game UW has played is against a team with a LOSING record. Now UO may be getting canceled? So they could make it to the CG despite not having played an opponent with more wins than losses?

By contrast, 2 of our 3 opponents had/have WINNING records, and SC in particular appears to be the class of the conference.

Are we better than UW? Not likely. But if you're Jimmy Lake, could you ask for a softer path in Year 1? Wow. Credit to UW bc they're making the most of their hand, but talk about falling ass-backwards into victory.
The silver lining may be my wish of Jimmy Lake getting a lifetime guaranteed contract may come to fruition after all!

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
The silver lining may be my wish of Jimmy Lake getting a lifetime guaranteed contract may come to fruition after all!

Wouldn't that be a great gift for the Cougs and a lump of coal in the UW stocking???

Jen Cohen will be on KJR at 5:00 to talk how disappointed they are to cancel the game (and end season in 1st place by not risking loss to a favored UO)

Last edited:
Reactions: 79COUG
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT