ADVERTISEMENT

VIDEO: Leach, Miller, Winston & Rodgers after Practice 2 (First practice in Lewiston)

ScottHood

Nov 8, 2007
Link: https://washingtonstate.rivals.com/news/video-leach-miller-winston-rodgers-after-practice-2

EBGVy2MUwAAm79F

Loved what coach Miller had to say about his position group and the Coug program overall. Especially interesting comment on how he doesn't even want, necessarily, a 4 or 5 star recruit. He would rather get a 3-star who is hungry and has the right work ethic. Miller's comments get to the crux of why the Coug program under Leach out-performs the so-called "elite" schools like Stanford, Oregon, USC, et. al. It comes down to the simple truth that the coaching staff has its finger on the pulse of what makes players tick and what makes a team perform. Kudos to the staff and most of all Leach for propagating the culture they have in Pullman and I hope Coug fans everywhere properly appreciate this un-precedented level of excellence.

I believe he said we don't want guys who are 4 and 5 star kids because they developed when they were 18. They are looking for kids who will develop after a few years in the program. Abe Lucas, Cade Beresford, and Patrick Utschinski are my idea of perfect OL recruits for us. All were obviously insanely good, but they all are clearly no where near hitting their full potential.

Loved what coach Miller had to say about his position group and the Coug program overall. Especially interesting comment on how he doesn't even want, necessarily, a 4 or 5 star recruit. He would rather get a 3-star who is hungry and has the right work ethic. Miller's comments get to the crux of why the Coug program under Leach out-performs the so-called "elite" schools like Stanford, Oregon, USC, et. al. It comes down to the simple truth that the coaching staff has its finger on the pulse of what makes players tick and what makes a team perform. Kudos to the staff and most of all Leach for propagating the culture they have in Pullman and I hope Coug fans everywhere properly appreciate this un-precedented level of excellence.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT