ADVERTISEMENT

Video: Saturday night's scrimmage highlights + link to stats + scoring summary

The Cougs scrimmaged Sat. night at Martin Stadium for the 2nd scrimmage of fall camp. 2 weeks to the opener!

Video/Stats: https://washingtonstate.rivals.com/news/video-highlights-and-stats-from-saturday-night-s-scrimmage

Thanks for posting the video!

As the comments in the other thread suggested, it looks like the defense has some work to do in some spots and we have to hope that it's more of a reflection of our offensive talent than a commentary on the defense. Williams in particular does look like he is poised for a terrific year. Brand X sells the defense up a bit more though.

One play that jumped out to me was the hit that Dotson laid on the receiver in the endzone late in the video (2:45 mark). It wasn't an egregious hit, but it was facemask to facemask on contact and the receiver was laying on the ground afterwards. He needs to watch out for that because I don't want to see him get ticky tack flags because of that kind of thing and I definitely don't want him to develop a reputation.

Last edited:
Williams looked like a beast.

I caught the hit near the sidelines. Didn't notice that it was helmet to helmet. Agree with Flat that we need to clean that up. We don't need flags or injuries.

Williams looked like a beast.

I caught the hit near the sidelines. Didn't notice that it was helmet to helmet. Agree with Flat that we need to clean that up. We don't need flags or injuries.
Sick touchdown run on the short catch by Renard Bell. Not defended well, but still impressive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT