ADVERTISEMENT

Washington State is being its 'BEST' under coach Jake Dickert

Agree. Dick Bennett is a legend.

When he flipped off the UW student section in their arena was the day he ensconced himself as WSU coaching legend. 😆 🤣 😂
That was classic. I have a picture somewhere of one of the games in Muttville during our 7 game Bennett win streak where this Cougar couple was standing and clapping, surrounded by mutts all bumming out.

That was classic. I have a picture somewhere of one of the games in Muttville during our 7 game Bennett win streak where this Cougar couple was standing and clapping, surrounded by mutts all bumming out.

I remember that one.

I got that experience in their arena when we played them in 2006 and they were top 10 I believe. One of the player's dad gave me a ticket to the game and it was directly behind the WSU bench right next to their student section.

Their students were verbally harassing me when I came down the steps to get my seat. Derrick Low was injured and we were heavy underdogs. Bennett coached a great game and we took them down in a big upset. Walking out of there was sweet. Their students walked out with their tails between their legs. 😀

One of the funnest games I've ever attended.

Agree. Dick Bennett is a legend.

When he flipped off the UW student section in their arena was the day he ensconced himself as WSU coaching legend. 😆 🤣 😂
And he got away with it, clean. It helped that his reputation was not to behave in that manner. By contrast, I was actually in Oklahoma the year that 3 OU coaches got in trouble ('82 maybe?). Switzer as I recall was a DUI, I don't recall whether it was Billy Tubbs or Stan Abel that flipped off a national TV audience (could have been either, though basketball was more likely to have been on national TV) and the other one was some form of assault. Probably Tubbs flipped off the audience, because Abel later tried to strangle his wife and was known to have behavior issues. Even though the Ok City media was owned by OU, the combination of the three moved the OU president/ chancellor to enact some rules to try to keep the prisoners in the jail. The Tulsa media (which had a heavy OSU/TU lean) was loving it and took every opportunity to keep it going.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT