ADVERTISEMENT

WBB pulls even

7ICoug

Hall Of Fame
Jan 30, 2003
The Women's Basketball team pulled even in Conference play. They are now 3-3 in Pac12 play and 12-5 overall. What was expected to be a rebuilding year has thus far put June's team in about the middle of the Pac12.

The Women's Basketball team pulled even in Conference play. They are now 3-3 in Pac12 play and 12-5 overall. What was expected to be a rebuilding year has thus far put June's team in about the middle of the Pac12.

The win over USC definitely helps position them better for post-season play. A young team will have its ups and downs, as we all know. It remains to be seen if this is a trend, but I'm encouraged.

SC was playing without 2 of their better players but still a talented team. We really put it to SC in the 2nd half on both ends. Continue to be impresssed with Kostourkova improved play. Awa needs to get more 3 looks but she really passed well last night setting up a few easy looks. Louise Brown could be more aggressive getting shots going to the basket with her mid-range game. Also thought Hailey made a solid impact in the game. She really needs to improve her shooting and finishing aroound the basket but the 3 point play she converted was key.

UCLA is a big test.

I think the Euros are finally settling in and should continue to develop game by game. Awa still makes too many bonehead passes.

This is a rebuilding year for WBB, they are doing much better than I had anticipated especially with the coaching change at assistant in charge of defense.

This is a rebuilding year for WBB, they are doing much better than I had anticipated especially with the coaching change at assistant in charge of defense.

WSU starts one senior, three sophomores and one freshman. They are 12-6 and 3-4 in conference. That is very good considering how young they are.

WSU starts one senior, three sophomores and one freshman. They are 12-6 and 3-4 in conference. That is very good considering how young they are.
Especially when you consider the amount of production lost from last year from LIa/Tia, and Dheensaw. Against SC and UCLA and really the entire Pac 12 schedule so far I haven't seen a significant gap in talent.

Especially when you consider the amount of production lost from last year from LIa/Tia, and Dheensaw. Against SC and UCLA and really the entire Pac 12 schedule so far I haven't seen a significant gap in talent.

I believe if Lia was on this team, it would be in the Top 20 right now. Hopefully, the Five star point guard can come in and be ready from day one next season. If this team does not make the tournament this season, I think it will next season guaranteed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT