ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome to the rest of the season

If you think Cooper is gonna play better next year than Gordon is now you haven't watched many practices. Cooper hasn't shown much promise at all. I don't think he starts next year.
Sorry, there’s a lot more to QB1 than stats. Some guys are gamers some aren’t. Minshew was 11-2...not because he looked great in practice, but because when it was needed in a game he didn’t overthrow a WR running clean on a crossing route by two feet because he was lazy with his mechanics.

say what you want about Gordon’s stats, he’s a .500 QB. Wins are what matters, and he’s not getting it done.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
Sorry, there’s a lot more to QB1 than stats. Some guys are gamers some aren’t. Minshew was 11-2...not because he looked great in practice, but because when it was needed in a game he didn’t overthrow a WR running clean on a crossing route by two feet because he was lazy with his mechanics.

say what you want about Gordon’s stats, he’s a .500 QB. Wins are what matters, and he’s not getting it done.
Gubrud has the intangibles and experience-I would have liked to see him play a half in the pre conference. Gordon doesn't see the whole field very well, I watched him against Houston, I had some concerns.

Why bring in a guy that has six more games left in his career?
You wanna make a bowl game or be happy with a guy who can throw for 4 TDS and miss every read/throw in crucial situations?

this team needs leaders. I’d be ok seeing what Gubruud brings. What’s to lose at this point?

You wanna make a bowl game or be happy with a guy who can throw for 4 TDS and miss every read/throw in crucial situations?

this team needs leaders. I’d be ok seeing what Gubruud brings. What’s to lose at this point?

Reading defenses well is a product of experience. It's not a stretch to think of Gordon as a freshman in this way. Playing at the CC level was fine but doesn't prepare you for success at the P5 level. Just my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT