ADVERTISEMENT

What exactly has Leach done to deserve all your support?

"Piece"?
Weren't you trying to correct me(incorrectly I might add) on my grammar yesterday? Too funny.

Sorry, but this curve nonsense is just that.

8-4 > 6-7
No doubt about it, I messed up as I was leaving to the gym. There is a reason, which I will say why at the end of my post. If I did not leave right then, I probably would have caught my mistake. But, I did leave and I made it and I admit I screwed up. Notice the difference on how I admit something versus you doubling down on a mistake?

In my first response to you, I wasn't trying to catch you in a grammar mistake. I did believe you didn't know that Kentucky was in the SEC or that Leach coached at Kentucky. I was thinking you did not know, so the word "tense" you used was important.

Now the reason why I wrote "Piece" instead of "Peace". It is funny how the brain works at times. I did want to write "Peace". But, I was thinking "Piece of $#!+" when I was writing. Piece came out instead of Peace.

Piece out ;)

Reactions: MikeFingLeach
Original question: "What has Leach done to deserve my support?"

For me (excluding the 2012 season) there just appears to be (on average) more "fight" in the team than during the Wulff years (I know I know, don't bring him up, but HEY my College experience was during his tenure).

During those years it would be like our Cougs would "fight" during the 1st quarter, and if we were lucky we would make it to half time still in the game. Alas, game after game after game we would then get utterly steam-rolled by the end of the 4th quarter.

As for Leach, specifically for me, it all started with the 2013 Auburn game (although you could make a case for Apple Cup 2012). We came out SWINGIN’!!! Oh how exciting... then Auburn scored, then Auburn scored again on that fly sweep (or was it a punt/kick return?) and I thought to myself “Great….. here we go aaaagain.”. Then Deone Bucannon decided to officially introduce himself to the SEC by destroying their running back (IE: the “hit”). We score again, and now we got a game goin’ on fellas!!! Although we lost, it left a lasting impression on me. That impression carried through to USC, Arizona, Utah, etc…
Make no mistake, there were definite blow-outs (Arizona State, Oregon State, etc) during 2013, but on average I felt like we competed each game, and I also thought some of the blow-outs were a result of a few melt-downs by a particular individual on the team.
2014 was disappointing, but there were also “sparks” of action to get excited about. 2014 was like the team was a race car that the coaching staff/fans/admin were trying to get started, a sputtering engine that every once in a while we got runnin’. Who would have thought we’d go toe to toe with Oregon and give them a legitimate scare? Utah during that monsoon? We all know how much special teams and team defense killed us, but being the glass half full kind of guy we could have just as easily gone 7-5 (ST competence vs Rutgers, Nevada, Oregon and Cal) in my eyes. I wonder what we would all be chatting about right now if we had ended 7-5 or even another 6-6 season.

So, going forward, if I witness a regress in the “fight” of the team, and there are NO improvements to special teams and team defense, than Leach’s seat will be red hot as we approach the 2016 season.

Original question: "What has Leach done to deserve my support?"

For me (excluding the 2012 season) there just appears to be (on average) more "fight" in the team than during the Wulff years (I know I know, don't bring him up, but HEY my College experience was during his tenure).

During those years it would be like our Cougs would "fight" during the 1st quarter, and if we were lucky we would make it to half time still in the game. Alas, game after game after game we would then get utterly steam-rolled by the end of the 4th quarter.

As for Leach, specifically for me, it all started with the 2013 Auburn game (although you could make a case for Apple Cup 2012). We came out SWINGIN’!!! Oh how exciting... then Auburn scored, then Auburn scored again on that fly sweep (or was it a punt/kick return?) and I thought to myself “Great….. here we go aaaagain.”. Then Deone Bucannon decided to officially introduce himself to the SEC by destroying their running back (IE: the “hit”). We score again, and now we got a game goin’ on fellas!!! Although we lost, it left a lasting impression on me. That impression carried through to USC, Arizona, Utah, etc…
Make no mistake, there were definite blow-outs (Arizona State, Oregon State, etc) during 2013, but on average I felt like we competed each game, and I also thought some of the blow-outs were a result of a few melt-downs by a particular individual on the team.
2014 was disappointing, but there were also “sparks” of action to get excited about. 2014 was like the team was a race car that the coaching staff/fans/admin were trying to get started, a sputtering engine that every once in a while we got runnin’. Who would have thought we’d go toe to toe with Oregon and give them a legitimate scare? Utah during that monsoon? We all know how much special teams and team defense killed us, but being the glass half full kind of guy we could have just as easily gone 7-5 (ST competence vs Rutgers, Nevada, Oregon and Cal) in my eyes. I wonder what we would all be chatting about right now if we had ended 7-5 or even another 6-6 season.

So, going forward, if I witness a regress in the “fight” of the team, and there are NO improvements to special teams and team defense, than Leach’s seat will be red hot as we approach the 2016 season.

I really feel bad for your generation. You ought to be able to see a bowl team in person at least once during your time in Pullman.

Stick with the pirate.

It's only just a matter of time

until

y'all @ the pigskin final 2

vs the
CHAMPS001_zps6db155a3.jpg

To the question about what has Leach done to "deserve" my support is that he is the Cougar coach. That said, the one thing that has surprised me about his teams that I don't actually care for is the offense. It is not a question of whether it works or not, rather I don't find it very entertaining. I generally don't care to watch many of the college teams that run similar offenses. Nor do I care for the read option offenses either. I thought I would enjoy it but I dont. I will still watch the Cougs. I guess I am a stone age football fan. I like defense and running. Go Hawks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT