ADVERTISEMENT

What is the deal with the spread?

Strokee23

Recruit
Sep 21, 2019
It’s fluctuated from ASU by 2.5, to even, to WSU by as much as 1.5, now it’s sitting at ASU by 1.0. When I checked this morning I saw WSU -1.5. Looking now it’s ASU -1.0. That’s a lot of movement in a few hours.

This seems to indicate that there is a lot of money flying around this game. Seems odd.

Agree. Seems odd. Must be something there that we are missing. Perhaps injury-related?

Seems like easy money. I would be (pleasantly) shocked if we keep it within 10.

Walz, I really have no clue how to handicap this game. Pretty unprecedented.

My guess is the player focus will be pretty sharp for this game. If that is true and we execute well while avoiding stupid mistakes, we might win big. If we don't, it could go completely the other way.

I'm looking for an O/U over 65.

Seems like easy money. I would be (pleasantly) shocked if we keep it within 10.
Agreed. The defense might come out with a little more juice to start the game, but ASU is going to be able to run the ball, which will then open up the passing game. The temperature and running game will wear down the defense and keep the WSU offense off the field.

ASU wins this game by 3 scores.

Agree. Seems odd. Must be something there that we are missing. Perhaps injury-related?
For it to move from WSU -1.5 to ASU -1.0, the injury news would be negative for WSU. As we all know, finding WSU injury updates is like finding Sasquatch.

Finding Sasquatch is a good comparison to finding our injury or good health news, and the volatile betting spread suggests insider info assumptions...valid or not...probably for both teams since the initial odds were posted.

It was much the same with Sasquatch back in the day. I like your analogy, Stroke!

Reactions: Strokee23
Finding Sasquatch is a good comparison to finding our injury or good health news, and the volatile betting spread suggests insider info assumptions...valid or not...probably for both teams since the initial odds were posted.

It was much the same with Sasquatch back in the day. I like your analogy, Stroke!
Found him last night

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
It would be nice if whoever was throwing big money on the Cougs would donate some of that that towards the IPF.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT