ADVERTISEMENT

Whatcha drinking?

COUGinNCW

Hall Of Fame
Oct 5, 2010
Morning kickoff (if it happens).

I like a bud Clamato in the summer for early golf outings but I think it’s going to be a good day for Bloody Marys.

And Cougs 27- utes 24.

Reactions: Observer11
Irish coffee...without the Irish whiskey (too rough for my taste) and using Gentleman Jack instead. Plenty of half and half.

Morning kickoff (if it happens).

I like a bud Clamato in the summer for early golf outings but I think it’s going to be a good day for Bloody Marys.

And Cougs 27- utes 24.

OIP.TDhCoFSl16HcW07jyFddagHaHa

If I may suggest, try Sol's Chelada - the best of the bunch out there.

Yes, Sponge, I've been told that. I am really more of a red wino. I've had the full gamut of both Irish and Scotch whiskies (whiskys), as well as the N American whiskies. For me, it has to be a spectacular Irish for it to not grate. And I'm nominally Irish, so that is not a slam. Regular Jack is just as bad. But Gentleman Jack is a whole 'nother thing.

Reactions: spongeworthy12
Yes, Sponge, I've been told that. I am really more of a red wino. I've had the full gamut of both Irish and Scotch whiskies (whiskys), as well as the N American whiskies. For me, it has to be a spectacular Irish for it to not grate. And I'm nominally Irish, so that is not a slam. Regular Jack is just as bad. But Gentleman Jack is a whole 'nother thing.
Never tried the Gentleman. Where does it land on a scale that would include Woodford Reserve and Knob Creek...two of my go-tos

Never tried the Gentleman. Where does it land on a scale that would include Woodford Reserve and Knob Creek...two of my go-tos

This won't answer your question...but have you tried Oola? It's made in Waitsburg...it's awesome.

I prefer Woodford to the Gentleman(and Knob)... especially during the Kentucky Derby

My haunt is a whisky bar here in Seattle. It's been a lot of fun trying brown liquor that I wouldn't normally be privy to. I really like Rock Hill farms. It's a single barrel.

Reactions: Coug90

I still have visions of that tri tip you were talking about. Definitely goes w some Gentleman

This won't answer your question...but have you tried Oola? It's made in Waitsburg...it's awesome.

I prefer Woodford to the Gentleman(and Knob)... especially during the Kentucky Derby

My haunt is a whisky bar here in Seattle. It's been a lot of fun trying brown liquor that I wouldn't normally be privy to. I really like Rock Hill farms. It's a single barrel.
Never tried that but I’ll look for it. Assuming they sell it in Spokane area. Thanks!

Toured the Woodford distillery a couple years ago outside Lexington, KY. Really cool, moderate-sized operation. Got suckered into buying a couple 'you can only get it here' bottles including a rye that was amazing.

As for the Irish/Scotch whiskys, needed to spend more time at the Bushmills distillery. They served some unreal stuff in their tasting room that isn't available in the states. Can't wait to go back. Northern Ireland is an amazing place.

Reactions: spongeandshoot
Toured the Woodford distillery a couple years ago outside Lexington, KY. Really cool, moderate-sized operation. Got suckered into buying a couple 'you can only get it here' bottles including a rye that was amazing.

As for the Irish/Scotch whiskys, needed to spend more time at the Bushmills distillery. They served some unreal stuff in their tasting room that isn't available in the states. Can't wait to go back. Northern Ireland is an amazing place.

Agree, but comparing their tasting room to what we get here is an unfair comparison. And since you mention rye, that is a style that ranges from rotgut to heaven. Maybe the broadest range of quality over time in N America. Good rye is a gift.

Of course taste is a personal matter, but I prefer Gentleman Jack over Woodford. I've only had Knob a couple of times and was not in a position to compare it side by side, so I can't offer an informed opinion there.

Reactions: Coug90

That sounds awesome on both counts!

Just watching the show Justified makes me want to go to Lexington.

I dated a girl at WSU who is Irish and she brought me back some Guiness glasses that were gorgeous with gold trimming.

She went to the Jameson distillery last yr and didn't bring me back shit. I must have pissed her off lol

Observer, I’ve read and enjoyed enough of your posts to think you could be designated as both WSU’s and Spokane’s “Most Interesting Man in the World”

Kudos to you on a life well lived.

Observer, I’ve read and enjoyed enough of your posts to think you could be designated as both WSU’s and Spokane’s “Most Interesting Man in the World”

Kudos to you on a life well lived.

Not so sure above that. Just fortunate to be married to someone who places a priority on getting out and seeing the world. Left to my own device, I’d watch TV 23 hours per day.

Reactions: PeteTheChop
Regular Jack is just as bad. But Gentleman Jack is a whole 'nother thing.
While I agree the Gentleman is good - and I’ll drink it in the rare occasion I feel like being fancy and mildly snobbish - regular Jack has been my go-to since late college.

Jack has not always been good to me. We’ve had some really rough nights. I’ve left and tried others, even found some I liked. But I always end up back with Jack.

Couldnt find the V8, settled for zingzang bloody mary mix...

Worsteshire(sp) and beer isnt great. Not horrible, but not great.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT