ADVERTISEMENT

What's the tougher game?

Colorado on the road or UW at home?
Interesting debate. Last week I would have said UW, but I'd have to say CU now. When they are good that's a very tough place to play. The home field in the AC will be a big advantage, especially with Brownings confidence a bit shaken. These next two games are toss ups IMO, but the most likely outcome I would bet on is L, W.

I think it completely depends on the two QB's. Both are streaky guys. If and only if they were both "on", I'd say the tougher game is probably UW, but not by much.

It would be clearly UW if they had a more consistent batch of receivers.

I think it is clear that both UW and CO will need a very good pass rush. I am not sure how to fairly compare the two, but in looking at how they did vs. similar teams/spread passing offenses, I'd have to conclude that UW has a bit more consistent pass rush.

Colorado's QB mobility is more dangerous than UW's.

A lot of time is spent in trying to figure out how the two groups of D backs compare against us; I think a more relevant comparison is probably how either team's LB's do in pass D, and what they will have to give up in terms of run D in order to bolster the pass D.

I think it completely depends on the two QB's. Both are streaky guys. If and only if they were both "on", I'd say the tougher game is probably UW, but not by much. It would be clearly UW if they had a more consistent batch of receivers.

I think it is clear that both UW and CO will need a very good pass rush. I am not sure how to fairly compare the two, but in looking at how they did vs. similar teams/spread passing offenses, I'd have to conclude that UW has a bit more consistent pass rush, as well.

When healthy.

I watched the replay of CU vs Zona and was not impressed with either one of their lines. Zona had quite a bit of success running the ball against CU and that surprised me. I also thought CUs oline looked a bit pudgy. I think we beat Colorado this weekend and I definitely think Apple Cup is the tougher of the 2 games.

I watched the replay of CU vs Zona and was not impressed with either one of their lines. Zona had quite a bit of success running the ball against CU and that surprised me. I also thought CUs oline looked a bit pudgy. I think we beat Colorado this weekend and I definitely think Apple Cup is the tougher of the 2 games.
I side with those who see CU's HFA as decisive in determining which game is tougher. If cougs don't get on top of them quick the noise will be tough. I think the rivalry nature of the u-dub game, and being played in Pullman, gives cougs the edge there.

One thing I look forward to, is the Husky band filling the East-side of the field, behind the uprights... WITH the new bank of speakers that is screeeeeaaaaaming loud. Whatever "field advantage" they think they are trying to boost with their band, will quickly be eliminated by one quick shot of Ozzie or "Wa-Zzu. Wa-Zzu."

To the original question, I've seen UW first hand and they are big, big boys. I think our speed, if we utilize that in our game plan, will be the deciding factor. Put our WR's out on an island and make their big boys, lb's and such, run around all day. Maybe by the second half, we'll be able to get our running game going. Our running game may not be as prolific as other games, though. But UW will be the more difficult, straight on paper. Not taking anything away from CO but UW is higher ranked for a reason. And as some have noted, the AC is just so weird and unpredictable, regardless of home field advantage.

The CO game will be interesting to watch though. I've got some jitters already...

UW at home, no question. Martin isn't exactly Arrowhead or the Clink (our record shows as much), so HFA is somewhat negated.

And let's be honest: CU is not a Top 10 team (prob not Top 15). UW is Top 5-10 and has a very good offense AND defense.

UW at home, no question. Martin isn't exactly Arrowhead or the Clink (our record shows as much), so HFA is somewhat negated.

And let's be honest: CU is not a Top 10 team (prob not Top 15). UW is Top 5-10 and has a very good offense AND defense.
Folsom Field is not an easy place to play, and it's not just the altitude

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT