ADVERTISEMENT

Which recruit in this class are you most excited to see in Crimson & Gray?

PeteTheChop

Hall Of Fame
May 25, 2005
Looking like a stellar signing class!

WSU is ranked 40th nationally by Mike Farrell and the gang at Rivals, 35th by Brand X and 42nd by the four-letter network. This is also one of the best in the Pac-12.

There's a lot to like with the newest Cougs.

It's tough to narrow it down, but I'll go with Spokane's own Rodrick Jackson-Fisher for my top pick.

He's an Army Bowl All-American who's rated a four-star and the nation's No. 132 prospect by Brand X.

A true speedster but with size, too. His highlight video for East Valley shows he's not just a deep threat; he looks good making things happen with screen passes, too.

There's chatter RJF may face an adjustment coming from a 2A school, but I'm hoping we'll soon see why he was one the country's premier wide receiver prospects in the Class of 2018.

Which newcomers are you most intrigued by as we look ahead to next season and beyond?

Lolohea, from the standpoint we need some size and we really need him to fill that role

Jonathan Lolohea, Ahmir Crowder, and Misiona Aiolupotea-Pei are going to have to contribute right away on the d-line. Halid Jbiril and D'Angelo McKenzie, two highly regarded recruits, will have to at least help out Josh Talbot et al at the safety spots, while Kendrick Catis likely sees the field a lot at LB. Myles Green-Richards might surprise some people.
On offense, offensive guard Keenen Forbes and Abraham Lucus also will need to show up ready to play. Others who I believe must contribute are Camm Cooper, Rodrick Fisher, Max Borghi, Calvin Jackson, Travell Harris, and Drue Jackson, with Ronald Nunn a go at either WR or DB.
I see Jamire Calvin and Renard Bell building on their play from last season. Harris, Calvin, Jackson, and Bell give us speed and quicks we haven't seen in a long, long time.

Reactions: kougkurt
I'll go with Kurt's pick, Max Borghi. Cooper and the new receivers look mighty nice but I have gotten spoiled. I expect Leach and crew to attract good talent at those positions. Thus Borghi intrigues me the most.

One thing I have noticed with this new class is the size of the O-line kids. Big boys with the size, or close to it, to do the job. None are of the 'if the S&C guys can put another fifty pounds on him then he should be ready by his junior year' type. All probably need a bit of fine tuning, exchanging that baby fat for muscle, but none are long term projects. Beresford and Kingston could use increased weight but they are not as far off as some in the previous years. I like it. Our O-line now has even more depth and should be fine for the next few years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tx64
Jonathan Lolohea, Ahmir Crowder, and Misiona Aiolupotea-Pei are going to have to contribute right away on the d-line. Halid Jbiril and D'Angelo McKenzie, two highly regarded recruits, will have to at least help out Josh Talbot et al at the safety spots, while Kendrick Catis likely sees the field a lot at LB. Myles Green-Richards might surprise some people.
On offense, offensive guard Keenen Forbes and Abraham Lucus also will need to show up ready to play. Others who I believe must contribute are Camm Cooper, Rodrick Fisher, Max Borghi, Calvin Jackson, Travell Harris, and Drue Jackson, with Ronald Nunn a go at either WR or DB.
I see Jamire Calvin and Renard Bell building on their play from last season. Harris, Calvin, Jackson, and Bell give us speed and quicks we haven't seen in a long, long time.
Hi sir,

That’s almost the whole recruiting class. Is anybody going to redshirt?

Hi sir,

That’s almost the whole recruiting class. Is anybody going to redshirt?
I'm sure that many will. Three that immediately come to mind are the two high school O-linemen, Beresford and Kingston, who both could use a year off to gain a bit more heft and Brandon Gray, the tall thin WR from Detroit. Six five and one seventy or so is an injury waiting to happen. He needs more muscle mass to be able to consistently perform at this level. A number of the young DBs and LBs could benefit from at least another ten or fifteen pounds of muscle. That is my list for red-shirts for apparent physiological reasons. Then there is the adaptation to college academics which take more time for some than others and the time required to understand the offensive and defensive schemes. The immediately qualified ones who are able to crack the two deep will play. The others will sit, wait, gain strength and hopefully learn. Many will be in that category.

Looking like a stellar signing class!

WSU is ranked 40th nationally by Mike Farrell and the gang at Rivals, 35th by Brand X and 42nd by the four-letter network. This is also one of the best in the Pac-12.

There's a lot to like with the newest Cougs.

It's tough to narrow it down, but I'll go with Spokane's own Rodrick Jackson-Fisher for my top pick.

He's an Army Bowl All-American who's rated a four-star and the nation's No. 132 prospect by Brand X.

A true speedster but with size, too. His highlight video for East Valley shows he's not just a deep threat; he looks good making things happen with screen passes, too.

There's chatter RJF may face an adjustment coming from a 2A school, but I'm hoping we'll soon see why he was one the country's premier wide receiver prospects in the Class of 2018.

Which newcomers are you most intrigued by as we look ahead to next season and beyond?

Lolohea. Really need him to play at a high level.

Reactions: earldacoug
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT