ADVERTISEMENT

Who are the Cougars football rivals?

Aug 29, 2013
The Washington State Cougars may have an obvious rival, but who is second or third on your list? With the help of message board members beginning in 2014, we—the professors and students of the Know Rivalry Project—began answering this question and others related to rivalry in the NCAA Football. Please help us update and expand our results to ensure that the Washington State Cougars are included by taking 9 minutes to complete our newest survey:

You'll find more information on the disclosure agreement that is required to start the survey. We use the Qualtrics online survey software for data collection. This academic research has been approved by two US universities' Institutional Review Boards (IRB) and it poses no risks to respondents.

Our previous results have been highlighted in sports media outlets, as well as the New York Times and Wall Street Journal. You can view those results, links to media coverage, and learn more about us at our KnowRivalry.com website, however, we'd prefer you didn't until you completed the survey via the link above... we don't want to influence your opinions provided in the survey. Thank you for helping us to include the Washington State Cougars by participating and please share this with any other fans that may also help.

Dr. Joe Cobbs, Northern Kentucky University
Dr. David Tyler, University of Massachusetts—Amherst
Jonah, Student Researcher, Northern Kentucky University

Paid for by Notre Dame, apparently.

As well as being a mine for personal info.

I clicked out when the survey said Georgia State is one of our rivals...wtf?

I clicked out when the survey said Georgia State is one of our rivals...wtf?
Pretty obvious, isnt it?
Georgia State is in the Sun Belt Conference and the Sun Belt Conference included Idaho up to 2018.
Paul Wulff was often going head to head with Sun Belt Conference members for recruits.
And since the Pac12 TV coverage nationwide is roughly equal to the Sun Belt, you have some natural potential bowl tie ins for this obvious rivalry.
Alpo Bowl?
Soylent Green Bowl?

And yes the UW played Georgia State

The Washington State Cougars may have an obvious rival, but who is second or third on your list? With the help of message board members beginning in 2014, we—the professors and students of the Know Rivalry Project—began answering this question and others related to rivalry in the NCAA Football. Please help us update and expand our results to ensure that the Washington State Cougars are included by taking 9 minutes to complete our newest survey:

You'll find more information on the disclosure agreement that is required to start the survey. We use the Qualtrics online survey software for data collection. This academic research has been approved by two US universities' Institutional Review Boards (IRB) and it poses no risks to respondents.

Our previous results have been highlighted in sports media outlets, as well as the New York Times and Wall Street Journal. You can view those results, links to media coverage, and learn more about us at our KnowRivalry.com website, however, we'd prefer you didn't until you completed the survey via the link above... we don't want to influence your opinions provided in the survey. Thank you for helping us to include the Washington State Cougars by participating and please share this with any other fans that may also help.

Dr. Joe Cobbs, Northern Kentucky University
Dr. David Tyler, University of Massachusetts—Amherst
Jonah, Student Researcher, Northern Kentucky University

I would go with Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, and Oklahoma. Penn State, Michigan, and Notre Dame didn't quite make the cut.

Pretty obvious, isnt it?
Georgia State is in the Sun Belt Conference and the Sun Belt Conference included Idaho up to 2018.
Paul Wulff was often going head to head with Sun Belt Conference members for recruits.
And since the Pac12 TV coverage nationwide is roughly equal to the Sun Belt, you have some natural potential bowl tie ins for this obvious rivalry.
Alpo Bowl?
Soylent Green Bowl?

And yes the UW played Georgia State

[/QUOTE]

"Soylent Green Bowl".... I just spit my coffee. Excellent! ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT