ADVERTISEMENT

Who plays hard on this team?

Couldn't agree more on the lack of leadership. It says something that Borghi, a true sophomore, is the one calling out his teammates for going through the motions on ball security drills, not playing with passion, etc. We should have upperclassmen holding the rest of the team accountable for becoming this soft team Leach speaks about - and he's not wrong - but absolutely no one has stepped up to assume the role.

Minshew, Pelleur and Thompson were unquestioned leaders in 2018. But if you had to pick a leader on the 2019 team, I don't know if we would get a consistent answer.

Reactions: 79COUG
Couldn't agree more on the lack of leadership. It says something that Borghi, a true sophomore, is the one calling out his teammates for going through the motions on ball security drills, not playing with passion, etc. We should have upperclassmen holding the rest of the team accountable for becoming this soft team Leach speaks about - and he's not wrong - but absolutely no one has stepped up to assume the role.

Minshew, Pelleur and Thompson were unquestioned leaders in 2018. But if you had to pick a leader on the 2019 team, I don't know if we would get a consistent answer.
Not that it's an excuse, but it has to be pretty intimidating to try to fill GMs shoes.

But therein lies the fallacy, and this is on the coaches: no one should be trying to fill his shoes, per se. They need to turn the page and make their own mark in the history books, and not like last week.

Easop and Jahad are play hard but they are lead by example types, and when they turn around they don't see people following them.

I thought Fisher played his ass off yesterday.
Pattmon too. Unfortunately the play-hard is primarily what led to the fumble issues against UCLA.

all in all the entire receiving core seems to work hard. Against a Utah, UW they need to find another level of nastiness though because those DBs are coached to be physical.

Pattmon too. Unfortunately the play-hard is primarily what led to the fumble issues against UCLA.

all in all the entire receiving core seems to work hard. Against a Utah, UW they need to find another level of nastiness though because those DBs are coached to be physical.
I'm not sure what the metric is for playing hard, but this WR does not block like those we've seen in the past couple of years.

Borghi is the leader on O right now. Plays hard and shows what it means, and is becoming more vocal. Did anyone else notice him barking at Ryan after one of his false starts? Could be a good sign...though QB leadership is more ideal.

Borghi is the leader on O right now. Plays hard and shows what it means, and is becoming more vocal. Did anyone else notice him barking at Ryan after one of his false starts? Could be a good sign...though QB leadership is more ideal.

Liam Ryan IMO is one of the guys who believes his own hype. He was chosen to attend Pac 12 days in LA, went into attention whore mode with a ridiculous stitch, sunglasses and "too cool for school" attitude. No doubt these next two weeks he will be picking grains of sand out of his fat folds due to his visits to the leach beach.

When you don’t keep the defense honest by checking down to a run when you see a 3 man rush, the secondary gains a step and confidence. That step is the difference in getting open or getting blanketed. If Gordon isn’t going to check down, get someone in there who will.

Reactions: grahamcoug
Liam Ryan IMO is one of the guys who believes his own hype. He was chosen to attend Pac 12 days in LA, went into attention whore mode with a ridiculous stitch, sunglasses and "too cool for school" attitude. No doubt these next two weeks he will be picking grains of sand out of his fat folds due to his visits to the leach beach.
Yup. I figured he was going to run into trouble when he started talking about his mullet being on par with the minshew mustache thing last year. His head got way too big way too fast. Maybe if he was pancaking the shit out of everything he touched, but nobody gives a shit about your mullet when you’re getting your QB killed and jumping the count.

Yup. I figured he was going to run into trouble when he started talking about his mullet being on par with the minshew mustache thing last year. His head got way too big way too fast. Maybe if he was pancaking the shit out of everything he touched, but nobody gives a shit about your mullet when you’re getting your QB killed and jumping the count.
You forgot holding.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT