ADVERTISEMENT

Will Falk go pro because he knows Blake Barnett will beat him out?

So I know you are being funny but I'll bite. 1. Not sure Barnett is even coming to WSU is he? 2. While Falk made some terrible decisions yesterday, I think he sort of is who he is as an air raid QB at this point. I wouldn't expect him to get dramatically better. He makes all the throws but his weakness seems to be reading the defense and getting into the right plays without tipping off the defense as to what's coming. UW keyed on everything and knew what we were going to do. Might be Falk, might be our coaching strategy.

To Falks defense, without Marks or Cracraft, I just don't see any of our young receivers stepping up to fill their shoes this next year. I also think we lose 2 offensive lineman as well next year and I don't think we have any underclassman of O'Connell's caliber waiting in the wings. Not sure how much more Falk will be able to improve? Looking back at his improvement over last year, with this year being an off year for the Pac12, I really don't see him improving enough next year to increase his draft rating significantly. Not sure why he would stay another year? As for the initial thread. I don't think Luke is afraid of a little competition.

To Falks defense, without Marks or Cracraft, I just don't see any of our young receivers stepping up to fill their shoes this next year. I also think we lose 2 offensive lineman as well next year and I don't think we have any underclassman of O'Connell's caliber waiting in the wings. Not sure how much more Falk will be able to improve? Looking back at his improvement over last year, with this year being an off year for the Pac12, I really don't see him improving enough next year to increase his draft rating significantly. Not sure why he would stay another year? As for the initial thread. I don't think Luke is afraid of a little competition.
Agree. Falk won't improve measurably. He's good, but the big games aren't his forte.

Go for it.
Falk will be here next year. Whatever chance he had at a high draft choice next Spring sunk like a rock in the AC. Doubt if he would be panicked by the presence of Barnett or anyone else. It takes a full year and some for Leach's QBs to get the timing and play calling down. We have seen this now with both Falk and Halliday. Would be nice to have Barnett but if his desire for early playing time is as reported then I would expect Cal to be his choice. That is assuming that Dykes doesn't jump ship this Winter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT