ADVERTISEMENT

Will LSU's (former ASU) Daniels win the Heisman?

Well the committee valued him soo much that his absence cost the whole team a shot at the natty. That would seem to indicate the "best, most outstanding" college football player by definition. That's all I have to say about that.

Well the committee valued him soo much that his absence cost the whole team a shot at the natty. That would seem to indicate the "best, most outstanding" college football player by definition. That's all I have to say about that.
You fail to realize he doesn't/didn't play in the SEC or Big 10. Just think of the outrage if the SEC or Big 10 is excluded from the Heisman! OUTRAGE!

Wrong player. Daniels played for LSU not FSU.

Heisman Memorial Trophy, which is annually awarded to the outstanding college football player in the United States
whose performance epitomizes great ability combined with diligence, perseverance, and hard work.

How can it go to anyone but Penix?

Reactions: whoisyaodaddy
Heisman Memorial Trophy, which is annually awarded to the outstanding college football player in the United States
whose performance epitomizes great ability combined with diligence, perseverance, and hard work.

How can it go to anyone but Penix?
Better question: who cares?

When in doubt, give to someone from the SEC or Big 10. That means Daniels wins, plus Finebaum (aka Barney Fife's nephew) said it was the obvious choice. And he's always right, just ask him.

You do, quite clearly.
Not really. The Heisman is a beauty pageant, and it's not certain to go the greatest beauty. Part of the proof of that is that it's only gone to a player from a losing team once (Paul Hornung, Notre Dame, 1956). Usually goes to a team with 0-2 losses. It's pretty easy to be a good player when you're on a really good team. The proof of that point - as well as proof that it doesn't go to the greatest beauty - was Gino Toretta.

Not really. The Heisman is a beauty pageant, and it's not certain to go the greatest beauty. Part of the proof of that is that it's only gone to a player from a losing team once (Paul Hornung, Notre Dame, 1956). Usually goes to a team with 0-2 losses. It's pretty easy to be a good player when you're on a really good team. The proof of that point - as well as proof that it doesn't go to the greatest beauty - was Gino Toretta.
And the proof that it doesn't go to the most deserving, to the very best player in the country, was Christian McCaffrey not winning. Pretty sure he lost to the usual suspect (a QB), but I don't recall which one. It may have gone to a guy that led the country in passing, but CM did things that nobody had every done before in racking up yardage and TD's by running, receiving, and returning kicks.

And the proof that it doesn't go to the most deserving, to the very best player in the country, was Christian McCaffrey not winning. Pretty sure he lost to the usual suspect (a QB), but I don't recall which one. It may have gone to a guy that led the country in passing, but CM did things that nobody had every done before in racking up yardage and TD's by running, receiving, and returning kicks.

Yep. Toby Gerhart got robbed also.

It has not gone to the best player in the country the past 20+ years, IMO. It's the best player on the best team.

Michigan has no one on this list. They are just a very good team. No standouts that were on the Heisman watch list.

The media will re-write the rules this year and give it to Daniels. The SEC east coast bias is real and Penix or Nix aren't deserving.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT