ADVERTISEMENT

Women up 16 at half against #2 UCLA

CL-W's knee buckled going up for a shot midway through the 3rd. Did not look good at all, but you hope it was just a sprain.

Huge win! Without CL-W for 17+ minutes in the 2nd half. It gets interesting from here potentially in all sorts of ways.

Huge win! Without CL-W for 17+ minutes in the 2nd half. It gets interesting from here potentially in all sorts of ways.
Huge loss if she is seriously hurt. They're still a very good team especially when Tuhina comes back. Wallack stepping up big time. She and Murakete won it from the line.

Huge loss if she is seriously hurt. They're still a very good team especially when Tuhina comes back. Wallack stepping up big time. She and Murakete won it from the line.
Yup, huge loss for any amount of time. I think that might have been one of CL-W's best half+ of basketball. She was aggressive, but didn't settle for 3s. Was really locked in shooting. Good defense and took a lot of the ball handling. Definitely need Tuhina back as soon as possible. E Villa was really good, but had way too much of the load.

Kamie post-game on CL-W: "If you're asking me it never looks good when they go down like that in women's basketball." That was my immediate thought as well. This looked literally like a Guy Williams-type injury for the women's team. Hopefully it turns out better in terms of getting Ledger-Walker back this year. Sounds like the UCLA doctors didn't have good news early prognosis.

Men’s hoops Net @40. Some bracketologists have us in already. Another big swing game on Saturday. Every game seems huge from here on out.

Still boggles my mind the way the team battled through adversity Saturday. That should have been a coast 15 pt+ win and they really had to grind it out.

Men’s hoops Net @40. Some bracketologists have us in already. Another big swing game on Saturday. Every game seems huge from here on out.

Still boggles my mind the way the team battled through adversity Saturday. That should have been a coast 15 pt+ win and they really had to grind it out.
Not sure why you are posting about the men on a women's BB thread. Here's a primer:

WSU Men - muscles, hairy legs, generally short hair. Kinda ugly overall
WSU Women - lots of hair, often braided. Generally rather nice to look at. Long, long svelte legs, especially Covill and Wallack. Allright - pervert alert

Interesting - the men play 20 league games (just 2 short of everybody twice?) and the women play 18. Hmm....

Kamie post-game on CL-W: "If you're asking me it never looks good when they go down like that in women's basketball." That was my immediate thought as well. This looked literally like a Guy Williams-type injury for the women's team. Hopefully it turns out better in terms of getting Ledger-Walker back this year. Sounds like the UCLA doctors didn't have good news early prognosis.

Well we can hope that the Ladies respond like the men did. After losing 3 of 4 with Guy on the floor, they won 6 straight after he went down, including against UCLA with the Pollard tip in. It is a case where having a "do everything" superstar, actually hurt team chemistry. No one thought they needed to step up.

Well we can hope that the Ladies respond like the men did. After losing 3 of 4 with Guy on the floor, they won 6 straight after he went down, including against UCLA with the Pollard tip in. It is a case where having a "do everything" superstar, actually hurt team chemistry. No one thought they needed to step up.
Eleanora Villa really stepped up. Well so did Jenna Villa. Both struggled a little but did a helluva job for freshwomen.

That was a tip DOWN.

Not sure why you are posting about the men on a women's BB thread. Here's a primer:

WSU Men - muscles, hairy legs, generally short hair. Kinda ugly overall
WSU Women - lots of hair, often braided. Generally rather nice to look at. Long, long svelte legs, especially Covill and Wallack. Allright - pervert alert

Interesting - the men play 20 league games (just 2 short of everybody twice?) and the women play 18. Hmm....
Lost track which thread I was on. My bad

Ethridge said she was going to find out on CL-W after her coaches show tonight. She still does not expect good news.

Ethridge said she was going to find out on CL-W after her coaches show tonight. She still does not expect good news.
The coach has seen it before. She tore her ACL. The knee isn’t designed to bend the way it did . It just collapsed .

The coach has seen it before. She tore her ACL. The knee isn’t designed to bend the way it did . It just collapsed .
Meh, ACL's are overrated. I tore mine completely in half playing softball and finished the game pitching. Next day, well not so much.

Yeah, I believe I heard she tore her ACL multiple times. I also heard Ethridge say on her show the worst part is when it happens. Then you get the news, have surgery or whatever, and go back to work.

A couple possessions before the injury, CL-W was bringing the ball up the floor and I honestly thought she had done something to her knee then. Whoever was guarding her lunge at her and all I can describe is her mid-leg seemed to "quiver". When her knee went out a few possessions later it was pretty clear it was really bad. The timing is terrible. Announcers knew, you could see Ethridge knew it.

As good as she has been over the years, I thought it was the best half I have seen her play in all facets of the game.

Yeah, I believe I heard she tore her ACL multiple times. I also heard Ethridge say on her show the worst part is when it happens. Then you get the news, have surgery or whatever, and go back to work.

A couple possessions before the injury, CL-W was bringing the ball up the floor and I honestly thought she had done something to her knee then. Whoever was guarding her lunge at her and all I can describe is her mid-leg seemed to "quiver". When her knee went out a few possessions later it was pretty clear it was really bad. The timing is terrible. Announcers knew, you could see Ethridge knew it.

As good as she has been over the years, I thought it was the best half I have seen her play in all facets of the game.

Sounds like when I tore my ACL… it was lossened up by me putting a bag of sand in the back of my girl friends brand new sports car because it was starting to snow. She put down cardboard under her car in case it leaked oil. My leg hit the cardboard with the sand on my shoulder and hyperextended . I worked out for two weeks after and would feel a pain for a half a second every once in a while.

About three weeks later at lunch went to the gym and walked into the bball court. Went up for a pass. maybe six inches came down and my knee exploded .

So when I saw Klay hyper extend and tear his acl , when i saw missy peterson who played for UW cross over and shoot i knew her knee went out and same with CLW.

Females are 7 times more likely to tear an acl than males.

My youngest tore hers junior year in soccer, missed bball, had surgery late October and was running track in february and ran the 100 in a a meet late feb.

The recoveries can be pretty quick . And while you aren’t back 100%, you get pretty close .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT