ADVERTISEMENT

WSU v Houston prediction thread

Claeys says the defensive fix is simple, I believe in our coaches.
Cougs 41-24
It's a bit troubling to me that such a fundamental defensive concept such as gap discipline is being worked on 2 games into the season. Seems like that should have rectified in practice. Lets hope he is able to hammer it home.

It's a bit troubling to me that such a fundamental defensive concept such as gap discipline is being worked on 2 games into the season. Seems like that should have rectified in practice. Lets hope he is able to hammer it home.

I hope it's just kids being overly excited in the first couple games trying to make the big play, rather than the easy play by just staying at home and sticking to their assignments. I saw so many heads down trying to get to the backfield all while the rb's ran right through the gaps over and over.

The effort seems there, they just need to use their heads better. We didn't have to worry about that as much with vets in the program/leaders like Pelleur, Thompson, and even Dale. Each of them was great at organizing the troops.

They will get better.

I hope it's just kids being overly excited in the first couple games trying to make the big play, rather than the easy play by just staying at home and sticking to their assignments. I saw so many heads down trying to get to the backfield all while the rb's ran right through the gaps over and over.

The effort seems there, they just need to use their heads better. We didn't have to worry about that as much with vets in the program/leaders like Pelleur, Thompson, and even Dale. Each of them was great at organizing the troops.
They will get better.

Not certain this is practical, but going up against the Coug ‘O’ for the past 6-weeks would have them in a pass-rush mode for the most part and not the running game.
I’m hopeful they’ll settle in as I view this bunch as improved over previous years.
It’s possible we’re seeing the experienced lost with Tago, Begg, Comfort, and Pelleur surfacing.
I still believe the DL will be solid as the season progresses.

hopped over to their message board, they actually use the moniker "coogs" for themselves... smh.

48-28 good guys.
CDH sticks to his passing guns despite dropping 180yds on the ground against our D.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT