ADVERTISEMENT

Xavier Young

BiggsCoug

Hall Of Fame
Feb 5, 2003
I really like this kid. He plays a brand of football which I think should be played at WSU. All day tough.

When you watch a lot of defensive kids highlights it usually consists of them making tackles while being unblocked. It's great they make a tackle but how hard was it to make a tackled when no one blocks you? That just isn't reality.

This kid has film taking on blocks, extending his arms and getting off blocks to make tackles. He has film splitting double teams, getting off the double team and making tackles. He has film taking on much bigger kids nose to nose, not budging an inch and then making tackles. He doesn't give up on a play and will pursue to make a tackle.

He can slip blocks, shed blocks, stand kids up, take on double teams. You're not driving him off the ball. He sticks his facemask into the mix and gets after it. He plays hard.

Reactions: 425cougfan
I really like this kid. He plays a brand of football which I think should be played at WSU. All day tough.

When you watch a lot of defensive kids highlights it usually consists of them making tackles while being unblocked. It's great they make a tackle but how hard was it to make a tackled when no one blocks you? That just isn't reality.

This kid has film taking on blocks, extending his arms and getting off blocks to make tackles. He has film splitting double teams, getting off the double team and making tackles. He has film taking on much bigger kids nose to nose, not budging an inch and then making tackles. He doesn't give up on a play and will pursue to make a tackle.

He can slip blocks, shed blocks, stand kids up, take on double teams. You're not driving him off the ball. He sticks his facemask into the mix and gets after it. He plays hard.
When a 240 pounder bullies a 280-300 lb lineman and appears much more power...Division I.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT