ADVERTISEMENT

Y'all are a bunch

BleedCrimsonandGray

Hall Of Fame
Oct 2, 2007
Two weeks ago - "should we stop scheduling cupcakes for our OOC games and step up like the big boys?"

Today - "Well, Eastern and BSU are really good for their conferences, so... well, yeah."

Last week - "Well, Luani will make a difference and that'll get them over the top."

This week - "#$%^& DEFENSE LOOKS HORRIBLE (held bsu to 24 pts, yet its their fault for losing...), fire Grinch!"

The defense, I think, is so frustrating because if they were just a smidge better they might be dangerous. And by a smidge better I mean "the DL could get within 5 yards of an opposing qb." They are going to get destroyed by anyone who decides they want to cram it down their throats, but that's the same as it ever was. All that being said, and as frustrating as they are to watch, defense did not lose that game last night - offense did.

If you look at the loses last year, it was the failure of the "epic" AR offense to put points on the board that lead to those loses. What does that say to you? Every player on offense forgot to how to play that day? They all got roofied by Bill Cosby the night before? Or...

perhaps its that they are getting out schemed and CML refuses to make adjustments, but instead tells his players to play better. These are kids, they need leadership. Sometimes they are going to get stymied and frustrated and as a coach CML needs to help them out by, oh I don't know, coaching. Putting them in a position to succeed instead of fail.

This isn't anything new - we were talking about this back in his second year when he refused to kick any field goal ever; how does that fck with your teams psyche and mental attitude when you know they don't have the ability (yet in year 2) to succeed in that 4th and 6 situation?

That's all I'm saying. Yes, I understand the risk-reward nature of his teaching style, and frankly I don't think the payoff is worth the risk. Further, as I stated earlier, sometimes players (everywhere, not just at WSU) need the coaches to put on their big boy pants, take leadership, and coach. I mean, how frustrating/ demoralizing does it have to be to know that, even if you play your ass off and just come up short (not that "playing their asses off" has happened this season...), your coach is going to say that you didn't execute?

Last edited by a moderator:
Two weeks ago - "should we stop scheduling cupcakes for our OOC games and step up like the big boys?"

Today - "Well, Eastern and BSU are really good for their conferences, so... well, yeah."

Last week - "Well, Luani will make a difference and that'll get them over the top."

This week - "FCKING DEFENSE LOOKS HORRIBLE (held bsu to 24 pts, yet its their fault for losing...), fire Grinch!"

The defense, I think, I so frustrating because if they were just a smidge better they might be dangerous. And by a smidge better I mean "the DL could get within 5 yards of an opposing qb." They are going to get destroyed by anyone who decides they want to cram it down their throats, but that's the same as it ever was. All that being said, and as frustrating as they are to watch, defense did not lose that game last night - offense did.

If you look at the loses last year, it was the failure of the "epic" AR offense to put points on the board that lead to those loses. What does that say to you? Every player on offense forgot to how to play that day? They all got roofied by Bill Cosby the night before? Or...

perhaps its that they are getting out schemed and CML refuses to make adjustments, but instead tells his players to play better. These are kids, they need leadership. Sometimes they are going to get stymied and frustrated and as a coach CML needs to help them out by, oh I don't know, coaching. Putting them in a position to succeed instead of fail.

This isn't anything new - we were talking about this back in his second year when he refused to kick any field goal ever; how does that fck with your teams psyche and mental attitude when you know they don't have the ability (yet in year 2) to succeed in that 4th and 6 situation?

That's all I'm saying. Yes, I understand the risk-reward nature of his teaching style, and frankly I don't think the payoff is worth the risk. Further, as I stated earlier, sometimes players (everywhere, not just at WSU) need the coaches to put on their big boy pants, take leadership, and coach. I mean, how frustrating/ demoralizing does it have to be to know that, even if you play your ass off and just come up short (not that that has happened this season...), your coach is going to say that you didn't execute?
I have always been of the opinion that the guy getting paid the most should take primary responsibility. I don't see a team ready to play at kickoff time.

I have always been of the opinion that the guy getting paid the most should take primary responsibility. I don't see a team ready to play at kickoff time.

IMHO, it has to be the mental preparation going into the game. I mean, according to CML the AR is like the amorphous blob that conforms to whatever defense is thrown at it, so why would the 3rd quarter be any different from the 1st? The AR is the Borg Collective of offenses according to Leach, so why the big disparities over the course of the game?

I want names on who said what. I think this is a case of different people saying different things.

I'll go on the record and say that, as long as these OOC joker games exist, let's scheduled the most guaranteed W we can. Don't schedule any team that has won its conference or even division in the last 10 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT