ADVERTISEMENT

Yost

MRICoug

Team Captain
Gold Member
Sep 4, 2014
So with him all over the media now, why was it such an issue at WSU? Just burnout from his time elsewhere, or something else. I seemed to remember hearing he was a bit reclusive, etc. Sure does not seem like that now.

So with him all over the media now, why was it such an issue at WSU? Just burnout from his time elsewhere, or something else. I seemed to remember hearing he was a bit reclusive, etc. Sure does not seem like that now.
Interesting question. I have wondered that too. He was very low-key at WSU. Now? Not so much.

Different role. I don't think he was supposed to be one of the primary recruiters while he was here.

He more or less casually joked about not having to do it and Leach told him he wouldn't since he was burnt out.

He got a free ride and did not contribute very much, good riddance i guess some posters will start threads about what his departure means and what might /have could have been

If he is primarily a QB guru then it was never going to be very satisfying to him working under Leach since he is the QB coach.. Also when Graham Harrell seemed to be brought in, and given more influence over the QB group than Yost, he probably saw the time to move on. We will see if it works out well for him at Oregon. If Oregon has a down year say <9 wins he will be looking for a new job next season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT